This Months "ProPilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snakum said:
Isn't Arnie (I always call him 'Arnie' ... we're pretty tight.) typed in the Citation X? I thought I saw something on TV once about him getting one of the first 750s Cessna sold, and about him flying it with a co-Captain. But then again ... I used to drink alot before I found Jesus (pronounced 'hey-soos').

Minh "Hacker" Thong

Yes, Mr. Palmer (I don't know him that well;) ), is typed in the C750, he's actually quite an accomplished pilot, for being an owner-operator.

For the record Mr. Palmer only has a Private, Multi, Instrument, but he is typed on the LRJET, IA JET, C500, C650, and C750. He has over 20,000 flight hours, goes to FS every year, and once held a world record speed for flying around the world in a business jet (in 1975 he flew a Lear 35 around the world in something like 36 hours).

I believe the Gulfstream job for a golfer that many are refering to is for Jack Nichalas (sp?)

Word is that its about as crappy a job as they come, loaded with the typical stuff...low wages, obscene hours, understaffed, multiple "job titles" (maybe you can wash his car?, cook his dinner?)....

but again I stress this is all second hand knowledge, I could be 100% wrong. but doubt it....

AP

I've heard AP is a great guy-I don't question this. But???
20,000 hrs.- yeah right. And I'm a 2 handicap!!!
:p

Re: AP

CXAV8 said:
I've heard AP is a great guy-I don't question this. But???
20,000 hrs.- yeah right. And I'm a 2 handicap!!!
:p

I agree... I fly full time, and at the rate I am going, I will break 20,000 hours just before I turn 60 (in 25 years from now)

I doubt AP has anywhere near 20,000 hours... Maybe they meant 2,000 hours.

Re: Re: AP

Falcon Capt said:
I agree... I fly full time, and at the rate I am going, I will break 20,000 hours just before I turn 60 (in 25 years from now)

I doubt AP has anywhere near 20,000 hours... Maybe they meant 2,000 hours.

No, he really does have 20,000 hours. Certainly I can't verify this, but it is what he says and I tend to believe him. Remember AP is 74 years old and has been flying since 1961! He says he averages about 700 hours a year! I would tend to believe it since his first C750 sold last year with 3000 hours on it. Cessna (especially Textron Pres Russ Meyer ) and AP have a long history together. AP was the launch customer of the Citation III, VII and X. He got C750 serial number 3 in new 1996 and sold it in 2001. It had 3000+ hours on it when he sold it. So 20,000 is probably close to the truth.

Last edited:
Arnold Palmer Article

There was a little article on Arnold Palmer in a very recent issue of one of those airplane sales magazines. I think it was World Aviaition Sales or something like that. The article mentioned the around the world record and that AP has over 20,000 hrs in his logbook. I just thought I'd share. BTW, I haven't had a chance to read this month's pro-pilot. I just got it yesterday. Maybe I'll bring it with to SAV tomorrow and get caught up!

-PJ

Re: Re: Re: AP

501261 said:
No, he really does have 20,000 hours. Certainly I can't verify this, but it is what he says and I tend to believe him. Remember AP is 74 years old and has been flying since 1961!

...So 20,000 is probably close to the truth.

I didn't realize AP was that old... I don't follow golf, but for some reason thought he was in his mid 50's... I guess 20,000 is in the realm of possiblity given his age and how long he's been flying!

I retract my former statement.

I thought following, playing, living, breathing GOLF, was a pre-requisite in your neck of the woods. :cool:

Yeah, it might have been Jack Nicklaus. The feature was done several years ago.
I don't keep up with guys trying to beat a little white ball into submission with a long stick( doesn't matter if it's golf or baseball), very sleep inducing.

Gulfstream 200 said:
I believe the Gulfstream job for a golfer that many are refering to is for Jack Nichalas (sp?)

Word is that its about as crappy a job as they come, loaded with the typical stuff...low wages, obscene hours, understaffed, multiple "job titles" (maybe you can wash his car?, cook his dinner?)....

but again I stress this is all second hand knowledge, I could be 100% wrong. but doubt it....

I've met JN's chief pilot on several occassions and the guy really does seem to enjoy his job. Yes, a lot of weekends, RONs etc, but to each our own, right?

Back to the original intent of this thread, the Lear job in ProPilot, did I just completely misread this and understand that his pilots (other than the CP) are contract pilots?????

I quote from the article:
"UPI pilots are paid slightly above industry average and work as independent contractors undencumbered by health coverage, 401(k) plans, profit sharing or disability..."

What in the he** is this guy talking about? Unencumbered by benefits? I about fell off my chair when I read this. We are in the 21st century, right?

Where in the heck do I send my resume? What a joke!

I normally try to remain positive in my posts but this joker really made me laugh!

2000Flyer
(currently, thankfully, encumbered by benefits!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back