• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Did everyone read this months issue?

The "featured" flight department of the month operates a Learjet 35. They fly it from Nevada to LONDON, UK, often arriving at 2am they say...have a quick meeting at the FBO, then the owner and the pilots catch some sleep in the "berthable and comfortable" Lear 35 cabin, and then blast off back home!! - through BIKF and Maine enroute to Nevada!!!

I hope this was presented wrong as I just could not imagine an outfit like this being SAFE, nevermind "professional"...

I do read each month of PROPILOT and think they do a pretty good job, but $hit like this is what gives corporate aviationa BAD NAME.

"Professional Pilot"?? ....

Not this Month.

If that's the case, maybe some reality is finally working it's way in to the magazine... I was kind of getting tired of reading the same old, "we enjoy industry competive wages, and scheduled days off... Everything's just great!..."

Just once I'd like to read, "the schedule sucks, I never can plan anything, we're way under industry average in compensation..."
I'm for journalism, fair and balanced, just like FoxNews :) :)

Just kidding, they do all seem to read alike though...

Oh yeah,

we all know these outfits exist, heck, most of us probably suffered through a little time at these "professional" operations.....but lets call them "$hitbag operators" not ""professionals"

I have had some crapppy trips in the past, but NEVER had to RON abaord a Learjet!!...

thats rough

I've overnighted in a 172RG once. Maybe I should apply for a job there and list that on my resume!

Dont do it man!

Next thing you know you will go to obscure "pancake fly in's" and camp out under the wing of your Piper Cub or something!!

AHHH!!! HEEELLPPP!!

Disclaimer--- the above not intended to offend the weirdos who actually do that $hit!

I've written a few magazine articles and have to wonder what kind of flight departments the editor passed on if that is their "featured" department.

I can just hear this guy telling the crew that London hotels are just doo darn expensive.

You know, the more I think about this, the less sense it makes. If I was faced with sleeping in a Lear, I'd just bite the bullet and pay for a room on my own. The owner can sleep in the plane his own d@mned self.

I guess there is the possibility that this is a great flight department, other than the fact that they are a bunch of weirdos who like sleeping in a learjet.

Big operators do this too. I personally know of a G4 operator who routinely goes to Europe, conducts a 2 hour meeting and returns to the states with the same crew. Of course they say they love their jobs but you have to wonder.

I read ProPilot because they do have a few good columns, however, any mag that puts Larry Flynt on the cover I really question their editorial thought process.

Also, have you noticed every time a fligth department is profiled several people chime in on the boards wanting more info on them. I agree with the previous poster who said all the jobs they write about sound like cream of the crop corporate jobs. Then again, no CP (or staff for that matter) with any sense will say anything negative in an article. Talk about career suicide!

Regards,
2000Flyer

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back