Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
If NJE can do it, why can't NJA?

While you make a valid point, the difference is history. When NJE began operations, they started up an autonomous operation and chose to have 1 pilot group operate all the aircraft within that operation. NetJets Management made the decision to operate the Gulfstream Aircraft separately from NJA for reasons that have been pounded into the sand on these boards, so I wont elaborate.

The situation as it stands now, will not change. Within the last 3 years, NJI has almost completely severed it infrastructure from CMH. Every month I’ve read a new “welcome aboard” email to our new CFO, Head this, Vice President that. The point being, NJI can and will operate independently from NJA, EJM, and NJE. No one develops and staffs a company to the extent NJI has with the intent to shut it all down after the teamsters strike a deal.

On a personal note I just don’t understand the total rage that a few NJA guys have over NJI. If you have anyone to blame its your union leadership back in 1996. They clearly allowed the exception into your contract. Had they fought it tooth and nail, went to the courts, filed a lawsuit, cranked up the band back in 1996, then the IBT would have a point, but they didn’t, and too much time has passed. Mr. S has kept his end of the bargain, NJI operates Gulfstream, and only Gulfstream Aircraft.

On Your Six said:
[/b]

If by scope issue you are referring to integration of NJI into NJA, I think the NJE fleet (Bravos through GVs - all on the same seniority list) proves it can be done and that any redundancy in operations/infrastructure/overhead are unnecessary... If NJE can do it, why can't NJA? If NJA and NJI aircraft are swapping for each other on a daily basis (GIVSP covering for a F2000 or Citation X and vice versa), then clearly integrating the operations is possible. Sure, it's definitely not a popular idea on the NJI side for obvious reasons, but it is feasible and clearly working on the NJE side without many issues...

This is just another source of mis-information...the NJE pilots are not organized in any shape of form...so its not a matter that needs discussion...NJI is non-union...and will remain so!! Maybe the NJA pilots would like to work at NJI??? they could be stapled to the current seniority list at NJI! On the bottom!!Staple...staple ...staple...WGFP48

WGFP48 said:
This is just another great source of information...the NJE pilots want to organize...so its a matter that needs discussion...NJI is non-union...and will not remain so!! Maybe the NJA pilots would like to fly NJI's Gulfstreams??? they (NJI) could be stapled to the current seniority list at NJA! On the bottom!!Staple...staple ...staple...WGFP48

Thought I'd fix that for ya'

WGFP48 vbmenu_register("postmenu_766850", true); -

The NJA pilots have no one to blame but them selves...they had a really fantastic and realistic package offered 3 years ago...they "deep sixed" it....

What package was offered 3 years ago? They were still negotiating. 2 years after that we had a TA that kicked to the curb.

....now they walk out of negotiating sessions...

Yup they weren't going anywhere.

and in all honesty the union is just not wanted on the property

That's true

if it takes a strike to get rid of the teamsters...so be it...

Not without the RLA releasing us.

the current economy is such that there are plenty of experienced pilots who will jump at the chance to be a part of his company

ummmm they can't hire people now. We'll see what we see.

get locked out or cross the line...thats the only choices that remain now

Ummm answered above.

It's obvious you don't know a thing about what is going on right now. There is allways a third option. Let's see what the company does shall we?

Enjoy the Ride!!!

Have you actually talked to an NJE Pilot. I got pretty crapfaced with a couple of them over the last 2 years. A bunch of us stay in touch.

Trust me they are doing everything they can to get a union.

They really enjoy the fact that airlining is not considered duty. Makes for a long first day.

The only reason a union is brought on property is because managment is taking advantage of a group.

JetProp said:
Thought I'd fix that for ya'

Very funny!!!! But the truth is the truth....NJE does not want a union...and NJI will NEVER be at the bottom of NJA..."WolfPack" has nicely described the situation...NJI has a complete facility...sans NJA....it will continue! "JetProp" Highway I-95 runs both ways...if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen...get out!! WGFP48

What package was offered 3 years ago? They were still negotiating. 2 years after that we had a TA that kicked to the curb.

Yup they weren't going anywhere.

That's true

Not without the RLA releasing us.

ummmm they can't hire people now. We'll see what we see.

Ummm answered above.

It's obvious you don't know a thing about what is going on right now. There is allways a third option. Let's see what the company does shall we?

Enjoy the Ride!!![/quote]

Diesel....there are only two choices, when they are released...and trust me the company really prefers the one...you make it...not them....WGFP48

WGFP48 said:
Very funny!!!! But the truth is the truth....NJE does not want a union...and NJI will NEVER be at the bottom of NJA..."WolfPack" has nicely described the situation...NJI has a complete facility...sans NJA....it will continue! "JetProp" Highway I-95 runs both ways...if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen...get out!! WGFP48

Union busters are repulsively slick aren't they?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back