This is the problem with BlowJet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32driver said:
This is a small industry. The word is out about the HoJet operation and what that pilot group represents to the rest of the industry. Trust me when I say that every airline hiring at the moment is aware of the personal values it takes to become a HoJet pilot. And please don't fool yourselves into thinking those personal values are a plus.

Good luck shaking Hojets off of your 10 year background check.

I heard that UPS just hired a Hojet pilot!!!! Sucks to be him doesn't it?

From the American Eagle ALPA VARS:

1. G0 Jets Airlines

It has come to the attention of the Association that some pilots employed by G0 Jets Airlines have attempted to access flight deck jumpseats on American and American Eagle Airlines. There is no current reciprocal agreement in place between G0 Jets Airlines and American or American Eagle Airlines, therefore, access to cockpit jumpseats is currently prohibited.

It has also come to the attention of the Association that some carriers are promoting Go Jets as a viable option for furloughed pilots. Eagle ALPA does not agree with this position. G0 Jets was specifically created to circumvent the American / APA Collective Bargaining Agreement while simultaneously whipsawing the ALPA represented Trans States Airlines pilots into further concessions. Pilot career interest in the Go Jets entity is not currently recommended.

Texan,

There call sign is Gateway it's close to USA 3000 which is Getaway

Jetpilot, good for you and very imformative piece.

Boys and girls, this concerns us all today more than ever. This type of operation is gonna eventually make the rounds if it's not stopped. I don't care where you are sitting right now, Legacies, LCCs, Corporate or Regionals especially the ones that are still decently paid. It will eventually be like the plague. No one is imune if this is allowed.

It's sad to see so much denial and the "it won't affect me" type of attitude. I dare to say that even the lucrative cargo carriers should keep an eye on this situation.

This grouping of MESA and CHQ/RP/SA, I don't get it...

They are not very similar as far as working conditions, contract, pay rates, customer service, or any other of the such. Maybe they both have multiple code-shares and certificates, but beyond that.... NOT VERY SIMILAR, at least if you ask me.

As for the payrates for 70-90 seat AC at CHQ/RP/SA....

Lets see.... The CHQ 70 seat pay is better than Skywest Blend...... Hmm, lets think, does anyone in the industry make more than the CHQ guys in the 70 seat market..... I don't really know, but if it isn't Horizon, I don't know who else might.... Comair or ASA maybe?

What about the 90 seat market??? Well, CHQ pilots will make more per hour than JetBlue after year 5, at least in the left seat... And WAY MORE than the DL or USAir/AmWest rate that was recently offered.

I'm not saying that either of these rates is good or fair, I'm just noting that its better than what others (including mainline pilots) are willing to take for flying the same aircraft.

I hear this so much out there.... CHQ compared to MESA... I just don't get it!

Well lets think..... How many other companies have NO Jr. MANNING? hmm, methinks not too many other than CHQ. And just for that benefit, a good friend of mine made 150 hrs of pay for 74 hrs of block, and that's just last month alone, and that's pretty close to the norm for him...

And to serve your curousity, I used to work for PSA, where we had lower pay, crappier contract, and Junior Manning, (which I hated the worst,) one less guaranteed day off per month, 3-5 less actual days off per month, and two furlough notices in the same year. (One of which included the furlough 12DEC04 and recall 27MAR05 both included in the same envelope.)

Who knows, maybe its just me, and CHQ is the crappy place so many make it out to be.....

Last edited:
jetpilot007 said:
I understand that their contract is better than ours, but when we first negotiated it in 2000 it was cream of the crop.

Son, how long have you been at Trans States? Our contract was never the "cream of the crop" as you put it, even in 2000. It was only acceptable because guys were leaving weekly for the majors. It was MEC ratified, never went out for a pilot vote. I understand your frustration, and applaud your willingness to "fight the good fight", but remember where you are. Trans States is and always will be a mid-level regional, led by an accountant with a management team filled by "yes men"

Any new lists out there????? Havent seen an updated list in a while. Wouldnt want to let some Screjet puke on an AWAC jet.

jetpilot007-well said man. You voice the passion that I feel about that piece of shite operation. My blood boils every time I hear "Gateway" or even see a 700 with GJ on the tail.

Yeah- where's our updated list? Anyone? I heard they started another class of lowlifes recently.

Like I said before, GJ is the enemy and I just want everyone to have all the facts. PM or reply with any other questions or comments.

Latest resources

Back