This is the problem with BlowJet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Economy101

I am an active employee of TSA and have been for 5 years now. Blow Jet Airlines is an alter-ego airline specifically designed to circumvent my CBA. I voted no on that last offer, not in hopes of getting a 2nd offer, but to avoid a POS contract extension which would have single handedly affected each and every pilot in the regionals. We try to move the bar higher and higher, maybe we even need to keep the bar level a bit sometimes, BUT WE MUST NOT MOVE BACKWARDS!! Mesa and CHQ moved the bar backwards, and each respective airline has a chance to redeem themselves when their next contract is due. In August of 2000 TSA pilots ratified a contract that missed on scope language. In May of 2003 the TSA MEC ratified an extension that missed on scope language. ALPA National really screwed our pooch by not recognizing this oversight TWICE! TSA pilots voted NO to protect that bar. Even after extreme pressure was placed on us by TSA Management and ALPA National to vote yes. So now I have to hear shlit from a-holes like H2B, FUELFLOW, THEO, and any other blow jet loving/supporting/employee dlikchead! FUCH YOU! That airline started because of our POS managment team driven by an arsehole (Dive Tznaki) who was pissed off at our MEC after he didn't win his LEC Chair election. He fueled the fire for a dumb azz management decision. Any blow jet pilot or other pilot that supports a person who will stab you in the back, take food off of my family's table to put it on their own and then try to go to work at a SCAB airline on my airline or any other airline, then later when trying to go home have the balls to ask me to help him get to see his kid or wife or whatever has go anther thing coming. This industry sucks, in all honesty had I known 12 years ago where I'd be today, I would have picked a different career. You watch...the TSA pilots might take it in the azz with a crappy extension after all is said and done, but that means all those blowjet fuchers are coming back to my list and then their lives will be a living hell. H2B or whatever the hell your screen name is, FUCH OFF! You may think you have a point about the scab list not making a difference, I beg to differ. Several of my TSA brothers and sisters that have moved onto different airlines or even in the corporate world and are on the constant look out for any blowjet pilots. The list just emblazons the fact that the blowjet pukes and all the scabs or addendum scabs will get what they deserve. Listed below is the actual scope of my CBA. The gray area is the fact it states "company" not TSAH or TSA. like I said earlier...that should have been fixed...TWICE! Furthurmore, I'm tired of hearing that I'm getting bad advice from my MEC. MY MEC HAS DONE NOTHING BUT PROTECT MY INTERESTS AND LIVLELYHOOD! While I didn't support the fact my MEC ratified the 1st extension without a pilot vote, I did support the extension. We didn't want to negotiate a new contract at that time, the conditions in the industry were too turbulent. In fact I believe they are still too turbulent to negotiate and getting worse by the days with more airlines seeking bankrupcy protection. Additionally, I've heard from a reliable inside source that TSA/BLOWJET doesn't even want IBT. They furthurmore are tired of talking to (DT), they realized he's an idiot too! Also for you little blowjetters that want to reply. You are not and can not be represented by any union until the Single Carrier Petition has been decided on by the NMB. Do you understand? IBT can do all the little back door crap it wants, but the company has no accountabilty to any of your stupid IBT requests and will do whatever it pleases to you. I actually almost enjoy that a little. I know I would not like to be able to bid once a QUARTER, for a 9 day off guarantee, with 5-6 day trips and no block or better. Below is also are current pay rates and what they offered us in or extension for blow jet rates. Haven't done a post like this since college!! :mad:

TSA Contract
Section 1.B. SCOPE
"1. All flying in and for the scheduled revenue passenger service of the Company and any wet lease or charter flying presently performed or to be performed in the future by the Company, shall be performed by active Pilots on the Trans States Airlines Pilots' Seniority List and shall be flown in accordance with all of the provisions of the Employment agreement and applicable amendments thereto between the Company and the Pilots as represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (AFL-CIO)."
"2. Notwithstanding paragraph B.1. above, the Company may assign or contract out flying for periods not in excess of ninety (90) days if such conduct is necessary to accomplish the needs of the service of the Company, and the Company does not have sufficient aircraft or pilots available to perform the flying assigned or contracted out and no company pilot is furloughed as a result of such contracting out such flying."

Section 1.C. Successorship
"2. The Company shall not create or acquire an alter ego to avoid the terms and condtions of the Agreement."

This came into play when we coudn't agree on 70 and 90 seat pay scales. That is why Blowjet was created, along with avoiding the scope language of APA in regards to our American Connection contract.

TSA Pay Rates
ERJ-145 (Effective now)
CPT FO
0-1 55.05 22.29
1-2 56.82 25.46
2-3 58.57 32.33
3-4 60.33 33.46
4-5 62.08 34.57
5-6 63.84
6-7 65.81 The FO's pay caps at 5 year pay.

Offered for our 4 year extension to take BLowjet
EMB-170/CRJ-700 (Would have been effective now)
CPT FO
0-1 55.50 22.29
1-2 57.50 25.46
2-3 60.00 33.00
3-4 62.00 34.00
4-5 64.00 35.00
5-6 66.00
6-7 68.00 The FO's pay caps at 5 year pay.

EMB-190/CRJ-900
CPT FO
0-1 59.50 22.29
1-2 62.50 25.46
2-3 65.50 33.00
3-4 67.50 34.00
4-5 70.00 35.00
5-6 72.00
6-7 73.50 The FO's pay caps at 5 year pay.

Aren't these rates wonderful!!!!! I want to sign up for that job...oh that's right...i can....all i need to do is apply at blowjet. I don't know where pilots get off thinking that flight time equals compensation. It doesn't!! The moment you received your commercial pilot's license you were permitted to be paid for your skill. The idea that I can take a cut now because flight time is valuable is bullshlit. I'm sure most of you still have student loans that are not paid off yet because you wanted to learn to fly. We paid the added expense to get our licenses, why must we keep paying for our jobs? The public notion that pilots are well payed is BS, if we make it that far (senior widebody captain or even an FO) and don't get furloughed, pist off at the industry and change professions, fired, etc we might have a chance to earn a decent wage. I've been paying my dues since the first day I decided I wanted to be a pilot. I'm still paying them like everyone else, so why in GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD I WANT TO GIVE A BIGGER/NEWER A/C TO A SCAB FUCH AT BLOWJET. WHY DO THEY DESERVE IT OVER ME....THEY FrickING DON'T!!!!! TSA pilots stood their ground not take it in the azz on behalf of the industry and it pisses me off when I see or hear any person defend those blowjet fuchs. They will never ride in my jumpseat, nor A/C if I can stop it. I will never jumpseat on them or even fly on their a/c!!:mad: :angryfire :uzi: :puke:

I needed to add one more thing...AWAC has continually been our number one supporter throughout this whole ordeal. Much more so than ALPA National did or ever will. I can't thank all of you enough! From the bottom of my heart....THANK YOU!! Its guys/gals like you Capt C and all of your fellow pilots that keep my head sane, especially after reading all of the psycho babble BS from the blow jet lovers. I would help out ANY AWAC pilot anytime!!

Last edited:
JetPilot, you are right on. The truth sucks. Everyone at AWAC is supporting you and the whole TSA cause. Part of the reason our lives here suck so much now is because YOnited gave a portion of our jobs to FkucJets, and the rest went to MESA and so on. The only thing we can all do is continue to spread infomation around, continue to post on stupida$$ websites like this (which helps, cause all the brighteyed 400hr flight instructors who are about to go and interview at GJ read this), and continue to make this whole situtation a BIG F* CKInG deal. Because thats what it is. Its a big fu(k ing deal. Its up to all of us to educate and try to stop it.
C.C.

Thx Capt C we are in it for the long haul and to see all the support we have from the AWAC pilots and MEC is the only bright spot in our pile of an airline. The whole industry is in fact behind us and it is comforting to know that you have our backs now because there might be a time you will need us too and we will be there.

jetpilot007 said:
Mesa and CHQ moved the bar backwards, and each respective airline has a chance to redeem themselves when their next contract is due.

I get so tired of saying this...

What bar did we move backwards? Our last contract improved every section of the previous contract.

More importantly...it included a scope clause that prevented our scumbag management from doing exactly what your scumbag management is doing to you guys.

All our flying...CHQ, Republic, and Shuttle is flown by OUR pilots...under OUR CBA.

I wish you guys the all best. CHQ guys know exactly what you're going through because we faced the same crap 2 years ago. It took a 94% strike vote and terrible 70/90-seat rates to prevent it.

This is a small industry. The word is out about the HoJet operation and what that pilot group represents to the rest of the industry. Trust me when I say that every airline hiring at the moment is aware of the personal values it takes to become a HoJet pilot. And please don't fool yourselves into thinking those personal values are a plus.

Good luck shaking Hojets off of your 10 year background check.

Hey chief you might want to check your pay rates and contract against CHQ's before you start throwing around the accusation of "bar lowering". I'd bet a shiny new regional jet that CHQ's contract is better than yours in every area. I feel you though with your rant on ALPA and the IBT, I couldn't be less impressed with either.

Right on Jetpilot. I agree with your post 100%, well almost, all except the CHQ lowering the bar thing.

chq has the scope language that you failed to write into your contract--TWICE...we all hate that you have to go through this, but go FUCH yourself with that holier than thou "we raised the bar" crap...fool me once, shame on you.....

No disrespect to CHQ or Mesa. The only bar lowering I was refering to about CHQ was the fact they took crappy 70/90 seat pay rates. That's all. I understand that their contract is better than ours, but when we first negotiated it in 2000 it was cream of the crop. Then CHQ got a new contract, Comair, etc. Now we are back at the bottom. Had we negotiated our contract in 2004 we probably would have been forced to make concessions, instead the MEC opted for a 2 year extension, which secured flying with united express, and continued to receive a 2.5% pay increase, while the whole rest of the industry wiggled around turbulent times. Make no mistake about this....Mesa and CHQ are not my enemies!!! Blow jet is the enemy, undercutting the industry, taking a job that IS rightfully mine! All you blow jets pukes could have opted to come work at TSA and follow the rules, but apparently you think your family is more important then mine, you will be in for the biggest rude awakening when you come back to MY SENIORITY LIST!!!

jetpilot007 said:
The only bar lowering I was refering to about CHQ was the fact they took crappy 70/90 seat pay rates.

Agreed 100%.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back