Thinking of relocating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wanttofly

I am thinking of relocating, and thought I would look to you for different areas to look at. Want to go somewhere where we could waterski, and have a little property and not go broke. Some of the other perks that would be nice is no humidity and maybe snow skiing not to far away. Would like to stay in the western half of the US, but for a great area for a great price would even consider the eastern half. Thanks for your help in coming up with ideas.

If you wanted to live in the East, check out Jamestown, NY. It's on Chautauqua lake and is very close to Holiday Valley ski resort. It's not anything like skiing out west but its not bad for the east coast. I'm not sure about the humidity. It's less than an hour from Albany, NY.

Last edited:
Roanoke, VA isn't half bad. Affordable living, decent culture, nice people. Smith mountain lake (2nd largest in VA) is 1/2 hour away and skiing is less than 3 or so hours to a handful of VA/WV resorts (still nothing like out west though).

Sounds like the perfect place. Close to snow skiing, able to water ski, no humidity, in the western US, and for a good price. When you find it let me know..

Flyerjosh said:
Roanoke, VA isn't half bad. Affordable living, decent culture, nice people. Smith mountain lake (2nd largest in VA) is 1/2 hour away and skiing is less than 3 or so hours to a handful of VA/WV resorts (still nothing like out west though).

I second that. We were in there last week. Kind of the "aspen" of the east coast. Beautiful place.

The carolinas are great. Maybe a little humid, but there is some skiing in NC, and I know one of the greatest fishing and skiing lakes i've ever been on is in SC, Lake Murray. Its where i hope to retire....

Been talking to realtors in Wenatchee, Spokane, and nothern Idaho. A lot better priced in Eastern Washington and lots of lakes and other things to do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back