• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Netjets and ..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With only about 10 upgrades per month (120 per year), do any of you real experts foresee faster upgrades?

Do you guys think that NJs will still be able to hire (and retain) the quality of pilots, without offering moremoney for the FOs?

That's an interesting point you make.

HIRE (train) and RETAIN.

Curently, I'd say the company has issues doing both.

To Train:

The company recently hired a V.P. of Training that apparently is a Jedi Master from the Majors. Been doing it and kicking butt for decades now according to his bio. I'm excited about this even though I so enjoyed the 6 months off (in the training swamp) everytime I'd bid a new ride. The single biggest obstacle for this new V.P. will be the degree to which the good old boy network allows him to affect REAL change within the NetJets Aviation heirarchy of ass kissing.

At NJ, Flotsom and Jetsom are both rewarded equally with new management positions when they should have been flushed years ago. If the new V.P. doesn't get the latitude he needs, all of his efforts will be all talk and no go. Change sucks, but what's more important here?

To Retain:

More money and basing options. Period. Done.

Addressing the TRAIN and RETAIN aspects of hiring will do nothing but increase the total number of pilots (F/O's) staying on property AND allow the company to drastically increase the RATE at which pilots can be trained/upgradeded/transitioned/etc.

Last edited:
I was one of the first to sound the Alarm on upgrade times on thi board.

In the past nobody cared about FO pay because nobody was on it even for a year.

Even though some of us were aware, we still voted yes on the CBA. Why? Because we were under siege for -- yrs and out of bandaids bullets and beans.

And knowing that the FO pay and basing would come back and bite management in the ass ... they have to fix it.

What? The company lied to you?
From the sounds of you posts above, I think you may be happy elsewhere.

Guys, I write on these boards for a couple of reasons. First is to keep the boards entertaining. Second is to share "real" information.

I do like this job at NJs. It is a much better job than any airline. Job security is unmatched. Variety of flying great.

The point that I am trying to get across is to the pilots considering coming over here. Upgrades are no longer 1-2 yrs. If you are a senior XJet captain, you might be better off staying there. Sure, our captains are making almost as much (some lots more) than the major pilots. But, the FO pay is much less.

If the upgrades pickup, it is doable. But with only 10 upgrades per month, it going to take a long time. (whatever happened to the 200-400 guys that were to quit after the retro check. I think only 1 or 2 quit).

If you want to come work here, and see places that you never heard of and meet people that you have heard of, this is the place to be.

Again, this is a great place and I really enjoy working here, its just the lack of communication (on certain issues) from the company that is bothersome.

I do 1/4 of an ass cleaning job and my planes come out sparkly and shiny! Anyone doing 1/2 ass cleaning job is gloing way above and beyond the call of duty. I am teasing of course and I think the cleaning is the best part of the job. No food tastes quite as good after a celeb has tried it. Maybe we can save the scraps and sell them on ebay for millions! But, that is not my style. I do not like to share. As for the comment about FO pay always going up due to cost of living. Well, true but, that is about 2.5% and that is a lot less than the contract rate. But for those who think after 5 years a 57.29 increase in pay per check is good...well, you are in for a treat! It is simple..the flying is awesome, the people are awesome, the plane is awesome, the pay sucks. But, I do believe it will get better in time. :)

Last edited:
Fly

It will ...........and thank you for the post.

If an F/O doesn't do their job it only makes the job of the Lefter 10X that more difficult.

F/O's..... do your job and I'll do mine and it will make for an easy tour.

When you upgrade you'll understand what I am talking about.

If you make my life easy....I'll make your life easy.

Last edited:
Don't worry guys I've got a pic of do82 washing the windows. He's been there done that.

It was a long IOE process. :)

Fly

If an F/O doesn't do their job it only makes the job of the Lefter 10X that more difficult.

dude,

you're d DI#k. what's your problem? you make NJA sound like Mesa. go away ya Pri#$.

How about you do your job and not be such an A-teamer.

Fly

Holy crap man. I hope you are joking. It is hard to read sarcasm. :confused:

If you aren't joking, it looks like you failed CRM? :erm:

Easy guys.... I was poking fun at someone else.....

These were "words of wisdom" given to me about 8 years ago from a rather notorious Captain who used to be in the Ultra.

Things have changed for the better in those years!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back