• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Netjets and ..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the door for current, non-fractional pilots has closed for a while at NJA.

If the Oct vote passes, this place will be flooded with applications from pilots from the other fractionals. Many of which are currently typed in the a/c NJA operates.

Not to hire them over other types of pilots doesn't make sense from NJA's point of view. These people are "plug and play", they know what the business entails and don't have to be programed to think like a fractional pilot-----I mean this with respect to owner services.

Training would be easier, they are already familiar with the fractional way of life and hiring away from our competition would have some obvious market share advantages.

This is occuring as NJA has a record number of a/c being delivered and there is a definate need to get as many pilots trained and out on the road as safely and quickly as possible

I don't think that D has ever said that the company looks for other fractional pilots 1st and foremost.

Types, TT, walking on the moon... doesn't really matter so much.

Positive attitude is more important that previous fractional experience.

Do you want your plans for the day to be changed 4 times before you leave the hotel or possibly in route?

Any corporate/charter/fractional pilot is used to last-minute scheduling changes. What makes it so different at NJA? It's part of the job, son.

Do you want to eat crew food the rest of your life?

I'd rather eat crew meals at NJA and pocket my per diem, than eat airline terminal food. BTW, how can you even compare NJA crew meals to airline terminal food?

If I had that kind of seniority, I wouldn't leave. If you can't survive on $80k a year, your problems aren't where you work.

The earnings potential is much higher at NJA than XJT, son.

on a serious note...

With only about 10 upgrades per month (120 per year), do any of you real experts foresee faster upgrades?

Do you guys think that NJs will still be able to hire (and retain) the quality of pilots, without offering moremoney for the FOs?

For you guys thinking about coming over to NJs, Yes this is a great job. Its a great company. But be prepared for a long time to upgrade. We have about 2700 pilots (junior captains are 1850). The company "wants" 5000 pilots (3000 PICs 2000SICs).We have been in the 2700s for about 6 months (read= little growth). With FO pay topping out at $55,000 (ish), be prepared to hear the captains what a "great job this is" and "how much money they make", while you fill out paperwork so your kids can get government assistance for school lunch.

Again, this is a great job, but when they tell you "you will upgrade in 2-3 yrs", look at my numbers above, and do your own math.

I don't think the quality of the F/O we are getting now is a function of pay....I believe its more of a function of those willing to work at one of the 5 Domiciles.

I think the F/O's we hired prior to the CBA being ratified were more pax-oriented, but back then they were paid 10K/yr less and they had 26 Gateways to choose from.

I see a noticable difference between "pre" and "post" CBA ratified F/O's.

The question wasn't about fractional in general, it was about Netjets in particular. And judging by your message, you know very little about how that particular fractional operates.

Ask anybody who knows me if I strike him as a "kool-aid drinker." :rolleyes: (Right, Diesel? :D ) I'm quite aware of the downsides and tough spots in this job. But I'd take it over a career at CoEx any day of the week.

Wait a minute! Who said anything about a career at XJT. Just thinking about a few different options. I will not be spending a career here.

Wait a minute! Who said anything about a career at XJT.

Doylehargraves did -- he said, "If I were you, I would stay at XJT. ... If I had that kind of seniority, I wouldn't leave. If you can't survive on $80k a year, your problems aren't where you work."

That's what I was responding to, not your original message. ;)

With only about 10 upgrades per month (120 per year), do any of you real experts foresee faster upgrades?

Do you guys think that NJs will still be able to hire (and retain) the quality of pilots, without offering moremoney for the FOs?

For you guys thinking about coming over to NJs, Yes this is a great job. Its a great company. But be prepared for a long time to upgrade. We have about 2700 pilots (junior captains are 1850). The company "wants" 5000 pilots (3000 PICs 2000SICs).We have been in the 2700s for about 6 months (read= little growth). With FO pay topping out at $55,000 (ish), be prepared to hear the captains what a "great job this is" and "how much money they make", while you fill out paperwork so your kids can get government assistance for school lunch.

Again, this is a great job, but when they tell you "you will upgrade in 2-3 yrs", look at my numbers above, and do your own math.

dude, what bugs me is half the stuff you say is crap. an FO doesn't top out, there is COLA after that. look at your contract. you also don't read the IBT board or listen to your union leadership or have watched the hangar video, The company wants between 5000 to 10000 pilots now. pay attention, its free.

My app was accepted on April 25. Just interviewed last week for PBI. Was hired and am waiting my class date and aircraft assigment as we speak. So about 3.5 months for me for PBI.

RP170,

What did you decide to do? Allegiant or Netjets?

CA1900,

You think I have misconceptions about the job huh? How long have you been flying fractional? Less than a year?? I've got more time in the lav in this industry than you have in the right seat. Don't preach about how good you have it until you've drank the kool-aid a little longer son.

So what you are saying is that you would not leave a regional for FlexJet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back