Thinking of Netjets and ..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CA1900,

I've got more time in the lav in this industry than you have in the right seat.

ain't no one questioning your time in the lav...

Just wondering if that was your pinnacle or Peter Pyramid moment... ;)

dude, what bugs me is half the stuff you say is crap. an FO doesn't top out, there is COLA after that. look at your contract. you also don't read the IBT board or listen to your union leadership or have watched the hangar video, The company wants between 5000 to 10000 pilots now. pay attention, its free.

Dude, what bugs me is YOU. I watched the video. Actually felt pretty good about this company (Santulli) and the union (Olsen). Very nicely done, on both parts, although Santulli talks too much without answering the question. I also read the unions news letter (Compass?). In the article written by Olsen, it clearly says "5000 pilots. 3000PICs and 2000 SICs".

The other thing that bugs me is when I got hired, the company was running classes of 30 every two weeks, and things were great. I have no idea how many they are hiring now. They dont publish any numbers. The company doesnt tell us anything, other than putting out memos everyday, then having to make a correction to the memos....today we are to take out the Dentil kits....I thought it should have been spelled Dental.

Like I said, this is a great job and a great company. Just be prepared for a much longer upgrade time than told during the interview.

I think the F/O's we hired prior to the CBA being ratified were more pax-oriented, but back then they were paid 10K/yr less and they had 26 Gateways to choose from.

You probably got turned down by Mesa, and therefore hate pilots with airline backgrounds.

I was flying with a guy and we had a loud noise coming from the cabin door. There was no caution lights on the panel. He wants to divert to BFE without contact the company. I asked him if we should call the company on the phone and make a plane to get these pax picked up. He said we will call on the ground. WTFO!!! As luck would have it, the noise went away and we continued. We talked about it and I explained in "my past life, we would never divert without talking to dispatch first". He said "what if you're on fire?". Well now were talking emergency vs annoyance, dipsh*t.

Flew with another captain that took a high speed at about 100kts. I thought the gear was going to collapse or at least drag a wingtip. What was he thinking? On the way out, the pax tipped me $100 and said "dont split it".

I know you have stories as well, but enough is enough. Airline, military, cargo, charter....we are all here to do our job. If my captain tells me that airline guys suck, then he gets to redo my half ass cleaning job.

ATRCA said:
........i need some serious minds to assist.

I don't usually act serious around here, but I like the way you lay out your situation. First let me say best of luck no matter the path you take.

I'm almost 40, with 3 kids (and the wiff wants one from China now) so I look at stability over anything else. NetJets is a company which dominates their industry, we aren't going anywhere. My job is very stable, which says a lot for a flying job.

The grass is always greener on the other side, but once you go there, you see its because they planted the lawn over a septic tank! Point is, flying is flying... but at 63-67 when you look back and look forward, you better see two things:

• A career (with a company) you'd do all over again
  • A bank account with 7 digits and growing....
I should see both with NetJets in 25 years. Again, best of luck.

Bill
(Wolfpackpilot)

There were 16 new hires in the July class and 12 in this months class (or that is how the new seniority list shows it). There are some people missing that started sims before co. indoc. FSI appears to be maxed out. They are hurting on instructors.

Owners wait list is fleet dependent per NJ sales. Some have no wait.

The quality of pilot is the same at NetJets that is going to the majors. Some have been around the globe, some have only flown RJs in the midwest. There are a ton of people trying to make commutting work. The pay is bad for trying to survive in LA or NY.

To the original question, apply now, get a job offer, and then decide.

Thanks boys and girls. I'll take some time to think about my options. In the space in between I will apply and see what comes of it all.

You probably got turned down by Mesa, and therefore hate pilots with airline background.

If my captain tells me that airline guys suck, then he gets to redo my half ass cleaning job.

You made me laugh on this one Ski.....

First off...please don't confuse the term Airline with Regional.

Second.. I was furloughed 3 times before Mesa even existed.

Third...I'll redo your half assed cleaning job once if it doesn't meet NJA standards. I'll let you know it wasn't cleaned to NJA standards. The second time, you'll explain it to the ACP/CP.

Hey at least he admits he does a half assed cleaning job.

Must be beneath him to do his job correctly.

Like I said, this is a great job and a great company. Just be prepared for a much longer upgrade time than told during the interview.

What? The company lied to you?
Welcome to the club.
Did you get anything in writing? No? Again, welcome to the club.

If you have safety concerns there are more professional avenues to deal with them. If you are not going to do that, then zip it, because it must have not been that bad.

Yes there are some knuckle heads out there. They are everywhere, you should know that by now.

Next, do your job and stop acting like a child :crying: with the "half ass cleaning job" BS. It would be like working with a 16 year old. :mad:

From the sounds of you posts above, I think you may be happy elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back