• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things Crew Members do to annoy you - Post em Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the individual next to you has to "sell you" on his/her political, religious or other beliefs and why he/she is right. These people are usually the one's who have to correct you after any remark you make to stroke their ego. Most of them could be fixed with a good ass-whoopin.

Oh god. The worst. Your just stuck there for ages and you have to listen to them.

People who in stead of telling you where a switch is when you are new in a aircraft, grab your hand and help you find it.

People who in stead of telling you where a switch is when you are new in a aircraft, grab your hand and help you find it.
Do that to the wrong pilot on the right day, and that is a hand that may find itself broken. I tell all of our pilots, short of an emergency, or backing the power levers on, do not touch any other pilot in the cockpit. I know how silly that must sound to have to say that, but years ago, we had a pilot who was upset with the co-pilot, and he poked him in the chest. The co-pilot stopped the conversation they were having and told the Captain not to touch him. Captain poked him again in the chest, F/O said I told you 2 times now not to touch me.....There will not be a third. Captain just had to push it. Some people just arent satisfied until someone has a foot in their a$$. F/O mopped the floor with his rear a$$. I was a line Captain at the time and witnessed the whole event. When the whole story got to the D.O., he fired the Captain and suspended the F/O for 14 days. This was years ago before anger management and counseling.

Do that to the wrong pilot on the right day, and that is a hand that may find itself broken. I tell all of our pilots, short of an emergency, or backing the power levers on, do not touch any other pilot in the cockpit. I know how silly that must sound to have to say that, but years ago, we had a pilot who was upset with the co-pilot, and he poked him in the chest. The co-pilot stopped the conversation they were having and told the Captain not to touch him. Captain poked him again in the chest, F/O said I told you 2 times now not to touch me.....There will not be a third. Captain just had to push it. Some people just arent satisfied until someone has a foot in their a$$. F/O mopped the floor with his rear a$$. I was a line Captain at the time and witnessed the whole event. When the whole story got to the D.O., he fired the Captain and suspended the F/O for 14 days. This was years ago before anger management and counseling.

Poked him in the chest?

:eek:

You're right...I would have broken his arm right there in the cockpit!

Touching someone like that is immediate termination these days.

What annoys me is the following

Co Pilots who call the airport in sight when I dont have it in sight and its another airport.

When ATC asks for heading people respond to heaind 268 degrees. Uhh why not 270?

Co pilots who cant find an airway after 15 minutes and you have to rip the chart out of their hands and find it for them. They they say, "oh, there it is"

Pilots who start up engines, then get the clearance, then run the checklist, then call for taxi (10 minutes after you pushed START)

Had a co pilot 15 miles from the airport and I asked for flaps 15 degrees and he put the landing gear down. I said, I asked for Flaps 15 not the landing gear (its always the same sequence), he then brought the gear back up, to only in 2 min later put it back down, GRRRRRRRRR He's gone...

Thats all for now

Latest resources

Back