• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things Crew Members do to annoy you - Post em Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You want to know what grinds my gears.....
When your on Boston or New York or Washington Center, at the busiest time of the day, and you've been trying to check on for a good 5 minutes and some toolbag in an RJ cuts in to ask the score of the game. The problem is that it is usually a bad game like Browns vs Jets, or WNBA or something from the "OCHO". If your going to waste everyones time, at least make it count!!!!!
oh.. and guys who don't know when to use "Roger" vs "Affirmative".

Roger that?

Ok, was flying with another CA and all he wanted to do was quiz me on memory items, SOP's, etc, etc. All important stuff, but do not need a quiz while flying.

Ok, was flying with another CA and all he wanted to do was quiz me on memory items, SOP's, etc, etc. All important stuff, but do not need a quiz while flying.

Yeah but think about how you helped his Ego if you missed any items.

Mean crewmembers. This is just one of the things they do. There is always one mean guy in every flight department. 2 + divorces. Lonely. Upset at everything. Browbeating FO's all day because this is the only way they can find meaning in the world.

I have been chewed out on so many occasions by one CA in particular. I flew with the guy for over two years. If I couldn't be reached at all times on the cell he would yell at me.

One very early morning at OAK I had finished cleaning the cabin, pre flight, clearance, ice, coffee and newspapers. No help. No worries though because I don't have to deal with CA gumpypants.

I head to the bathroom. No cell service in the bathroom. CA grumpy calls. I have my cock in my hand. I know I have to pick up so even though I have my cock in one hand I try and answer the phone. Just so I can get through one morning without being yelled at. No service so I cant answer. He calls again so quickly it puts his original call on hold and new call is active still no service. I finish peeing and head out of the bathroom.

CA grumpy is looking for me in the pilots lounge. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU". Ect. ect. ect. This arse was ex airforce (another big peeve of mine) so he felt dressing downs were socially acceptable. A 10 min browbeating complete with how stupid I was. Keep in mind I had been dealing with this for over 2 years.

So as always I calmly said I was sorry but at that moment I decided I was going to floor this guy so hard if he spoke with me like that again that morning. I was really going to punch him as hard as I could and knock him on his ass. I have been in a few fights out surfing so I know how to fight. I also decided since I would loose my job I would give him an ass kicking he would never forget. I mean full on beat down on the ramp. I was planning on kicking him in the face a few times. Just so he would look all ********************ed up when or PAX showed.

I really had it all planned out. Take the airporter home. Call the dispatcher and say how sorry I was. Tell them to just fire me then and that I would deal with the legal issues later. I would have done it too.

The guy most likely doesnt even know how close he came to making me snap. I don't have to fly with him anymore.

So keep that in mind all you CA. Esp. if you have a guy that works as hard as he can for you at all times.

Very, very true.. This particular CA is notorious for "trying" to make himself feel superior by showing us his "knowledge". All he is really doing is making himself look like a complete a$$, while losing the respect of ALL the pilots at the company.

Very, very true.. This particular CA is notorious for "trying" to make himself feel superior by showing us his "knowledge". All he is really doing is making himself look like a complete a$$, while losing the respect of ALL the pilots at the company.

CA: So...What's the Memory items for ahhh... an Evacuation???

You: Are you a Check Airman?

CA: No

You: Am I getting Line Checked?

CA: NO

You: Then FUQ OFF!!!

Is this a joke or what?

Mean crewmembers. This is just one of the things they do. There is always one mean guy in every flight department. 2 + divorces. Lonely. Upset at everything. Browbeating FO's all day because this is the only way they can find meaning in the world.

I have been chewed out on so many occasions by one CA in particular. I flew with the guy for over two years. If I couldn't be reached at all times on the cell he would yell at me.

One very early morning at OAK I had finished cleaning the cabin, pre flight, clearance, ice, coffee and newspapers. No help. No worries though because I don't have to deal with CA gumpypants.

I head to the bathroom. No cell service in the bathroom. CA grumpy calls. I have my cock in my hand. I know I have to pick up so even though I have my cock in one hand I try and answer the phone. Just so I can get through one morning without being yelled at. No service so I cant answer. He calls again so quickly it puts his original call on hold and new call is active still no service. I finish peeing and head out of the bathroom.

CA grumpy is looking for me in the pilots lounge. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU". Ect. ect. ect. This arse was ex airforce (another big peeve of mine) so he felt dressing downs were socially acceptable. A 10 min browbeating complete with how stupid I was. Keep in mind I had been dealing with this for over 2 years.

So as always I calmly said I was sorry but at that moment I decided I was going to floor this guy so hard if he spoke with me like that again that morning. I was really going to punch him as hard as I could and knock him on his ass. I have been in a few fights out surfing so I know how to fight. I also decided since I would loose my job I would give him an ass kicking he would never forget. I mean full on beat down on the ramp. I was planning on kicking him in the face a few times. Just so he would look all ********************ed up when or PAX showed.

I really had it all planned out. Take the airporter home. Call the dispatcher and say how sorry I was. Tell them to just fire me then and that I would deal with the legal issues later. I would have done it too.

The guy most likely doesnt even know how close he came to making me snap. I don't have to fly with him anymore.

So keep that in mind all you CA. Esp. if you have a guy that works as hard as he can for you at all times.

A crew member that shows up at the airport on time but sits around BSing instead of getting the airplane ready because the boss is "always" late.

Latest resources

Back