Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

These guys must be idiots to pray on a plane--outloud!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unbelievable... reading this thread is like watching "Borat"

The total muslim population wordwide is in the billions.

Part of their religion is praying at certain times of the day and facing east. If you'd ever spent time in a peaceful Muslim country you would know this.

Yet Americans are so xenophobic that they think simply seeing an actual live Muslim person is a life threating occasion.

Finally some words of wisdom and dispassionate analysis on this thread. I've had Muslim roommates, doctors, colleagues and neighbors, all normal people and I know they often take the time out to pray at certain times of day if they're observant of their religion.

And don't jump to conclusions, all the articles I read about this incident say they prayed in the gate area prior to boarding, NOT on the airplane. And these are supposed to be Imams or Muslim scholars, of course they're going to pray on time and be somewhat more visible and less apologetic of their views just like a Rabbi or Priest/Pastor would be, and rightfully so, we have freedom of religion and practice in our country.

Now if they prayed out loud on the plane or imposed their beliefs or tried to convert ppl around them, that would be a different story but you ppl are sadly as bigoted, xenophobic and hate-filled as the terrorists. If these were Blacks, Jews, Gays or other minorities that would give you pause but evidently it's okay to bash Muslims just like it was acceptable to single out Japanese Americans during WWII.

Finally some words of wisdom and dispassionate analysis on this thread. I've had Muslim roommates, doctors, colleagues and neighbors, all normal people and I know they often take the time out to pray at certain times of day if they're observant of their religion.

And don't jump to conclusions, all the articles I read about this incident say they prayed in the gate area prior to boarding, NOT on the airplane. And these are supposed to be Imams or Muslim scholars, of course they're going to pray on time and be somewhat more visible and less apologetic of their views just like a Rabbi or Priest/Pastor would be, and rightfully so, we have freedom of religion and practice in our country.

Now if they prayed out loud on the plane or imposed their beliefs or tried to convert ppl around them, that would be a different story but you ppl are sadly as bigoted, xenophobic and hate-filled as the terrorists. If these were Blacks, Jews, Gays or other minorities that would give you pause but evidently it's okay to bash Muslims just like it was acceptable to single out Japanese Americans during WWII.

I agree with you 110%

Maybe, both sides were not wrong!

Prayer or some form of meditation are a part of nearly every belief system.
Some belief systems are more disciplined in the requirement for prayer as to when and how.

On the other hand, fear and pre-conditioning will overcome rationalization every time! Gut instincts are a natural defense mechanism to the feeling of a threatening perception!

Thus, it's easy to see how this situation played out and will play out the same way, again and again, in today's world!

"Unbelievable... reading this thread is like watching "Borat"

The total Muslim population worldwide is in the billions.

Part of their religion is praying at certain times of the day and facing east. If you'd ever spent time in a peaceful Muslim country you would know this.

Yet Americans are so xenophobic that they think simply seeing an actual live Muslim person is a life threatening occasion."

I am sorry but I don't see Christians and Jews cutting the heads off of people on tv and saying that their god is great. I also don't see the majority of the "Muslim" world stating that this is a bad thing. Maybe if you would get some insight on the problems with fundamentalism then you too might believe that America has a right to be wary of these people. After all they did drive a few of our airplanes into some buildings. Your liberalism makes me sick.

Just to balance your "fuzzy bunny" out look on the world visit http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

Wow, what a nice peaceful religion. Psychos.

I have a few Muslim friends that hate the fundamentalist but 18% of the world if considered Muslim fundamentalist, that is equal to the entire US population. Does that fact not make you nervous, or should we wait until your head is cut off or your body is burned in the name of the Muslim religion. Educate yourself and read the book Jihad vs. McWorld, it is a good read and explains a lot about the current and future problems.

I am not stating that every Muslim is bad. Like I said I have Muslim friends. What I am stating is that their is a growing minority of fundamentalist outside the US and within that pose a significant problem to its safety and to its allies. You can not deter terrorism, especially when the terrorist only value asymmetric things, such as a death and martyrdom. How can we fight them? Hence, without a clear cut plan to ensure our safety from these people Americans and the like must remain sceptical and vigilant of the entire religion so to ensure its own preservation.

Sucks, but until America heads stop being cut off then American's have the right to be more aware of Muslim passengers.

Last edited:
I have a few Muslim friends

I have a few black friends... BUT... when I'm watching the boarding of my flight and I see a black person talking all ghetto I kick them off the flight. It's just common sense, after all everybody knows black people are rapists and murderers. Just turn on the TV. I don't see black leaders on TV denouncing black criminals. How can we fight them? Hence, without a clear cut plan to ensure our safety from these people us White Americans and the like must remain skeptical and vigilant of the entire race so to ensure our own preservation.

Nice try, but people of other color, using your example black people, have not declared war on the United States. I guess you can only use my words to attempt to bolster your shallow beliefs. I am through talking to you. Have a great turkey you chicken! hahahhaah I win ! I win! I win!!!!

Nice try, but people of other color, using your example black people, have not declared war on the United States. I guess you can only use my words to attempt to bolster your shallow beliefs. I am through talking to you. Have a great turkey you chicken! hahahhaah I win ! I win! I win!!!!

Thanksgiving is already over in my time zone... And I did have a great turkey day! Of course I'm a shallow and fuzzy liberal so it was tofurky! I wouldn't recommend it for you though, it'll make any True American sick!

Wow! Islam has declared war on the United States and you are still friends with Muslims! Kudos to you. I guess that's the true Christian spirit! Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, eh? Anyway, hopefully I can win the next debate!

I am with you on this one. I think it is unfortunate that many inocent muslims will have additional scruitiny, but it is their religion that has declared holy war against the GREAT SATIN(Us, U.S., America). While it is possible to have terrorists that are not muslim, I am going to have to play the odds on this one.

I am well aware that there are millions of peaceful muslims. However I am very disappointed in the very weak voice of oposition toward the radicals from the soposed peaceful ones. I dont understand why it is left to the west to battle the radical islamics with little or no help or substancial meaningful effort from the peaceful muslims.

...but it is their religion that has declared holy war against the GREAT SATIN(Us, U.S., America)...

America does have great satin, I'm particularly fond of the sheets, however I think most of them are likely imported.

What religion were the Oklahoma City bombers?
I love this argument, the OKC bombers did not blow up the FBI building in the name of Christianity, the Muslims do everything in the name of their religion, huge huge difference.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back