• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

There goes your job ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What really peaked my interest was your statement.
Progressive income tax is out of the Manifesto. Public Education is.

Can you expand on what you meant by "Public education is" I am little confused on that point.
It is the 10th Planck of the Communist Manifesto.

Last edited:
We can't afford it ...

I keep hearing this from all the media talking heads.

In 2008 the US will spend 17% of its GDP on health care, almost twice what other developed countries spend. And yet while they manage to insure all their citizens we have nearly 46 million Americans uninsured.

I think a relevant question is - Where is the health care we're already paying for?

Last edited:
OK thanks, I looked it up and found this is what you meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.[7]

So you think Public schools should be stopped and Child factory labor should be brought back?

Were you home SKOOLED? ;)
No I went to a Private School in NYC.... Were you publeak screweled? :)

I think the Constitution should be followed and there should be no Federal involvement in schools. Education is not one of the powers delegated to the United States by the COTUS. That power is reserved to the States and to the People.

Similarly, the United States is not delegated the power to provide national health insurance ....

Last edited:
My doctor supports it as well as his Medical Association, I guess that he is not worried about the government getting between us.

American Medical Association Supports H.R. 3200, “America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009″

Released July 16, 2009
House bill expands access to high quality, affordable health care for Americans
Today, the American Medical Association sent a letter to House leaders supporting H.R. 3200, “America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009.”
“This legislation includes a broad range of provisions that are key to effective, comprehensive health system reform,” said J. James Rohack, MD, AMA president.
“We urge the House committees of jurisdiction to pass the bill for consideration by the full House.” H.R. 3200 includes provisions key to effective, comprehensive health reform, including:

• Coverage to all Americans through health insurance market reforms
  • A choice of plans through a health insurance exchange
  • An end to coverage denials based on pre-existing conditions
  • Fundamental Medicare reform, including repeal of the flawed sustainable growth rate (SGR) formula
  • Additional funding for primary care services, without reductions on specialty care
  • Individual responsibility for health insurance, including premium assistance to those who need it
  • Prevention and wellness initiatives to help keep Americans healthy
  • Initiatives to address physician workforce concerns
“The status quo is unacceptable,” Dr. Rohack said. “We support passage of H.R. 3200, and we look forward to additional constructive dialogue as the long process of passing a health reform bill continues. This is an important step, but one of many steps in the process. The AMA is actively engaged with Congress and the administration to achieve health reform that best meets the needs of patients and physicians. We are committed to passing health reform this year consistent withprinciples of pluralism, freedom of choice, freedom of practice, and universal access for patients.”
MEDIA CONTACT:
Brenda Craine, 202-789-7447
Director, AMA Media

Your statement is absolutely FALSE.

No need to apologize, I know you didn't mean to be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Switzerland

Unbelievable. How depressing.....

Trust me. If I was wrong I would humbly apologize, but there is nothing in your little wikipedia entry that proves me wrong.

Either your knowledge on this subject is not very strong or you are purposefully avoiding the parts that make you uncomfortable. I suspect both.

What may have you confused is that Switzerland has a law requiring everyone to have health insurance. HOWEVER, the only choices available are PRIVATE. There is no government health insurance option as you stated!!!!!! THis is even covered in the wikipedia piece! Did you even read it????

How about taking some time to do a little objective research beyond Wikipedia. How about looking in to how government intervention is the root cause of why healthcare is so expensive in this country to begin with. Then maybe you will understand the horror of what it's like to watch these fools try to put out the fires THEY have started by throwing more and more and MORE of their gasoline at it.

Florida had a sur tax like this. I didn't mind paying it one bit. Neither should anyone else fortunate enough to be making that amount of money.

What a BS quote, Most folks that have this kind of money are not FORTUNATE!!!!! They damn well earned it! saying this makes it sound like they (or you) did nothing to create this wealth for yourselves......like it's no different then if you were FORTUNATE to survive a crash or FORTUNATE to have food on the table or FORTUNATE to have a great family!!!

People are in the place they are in life by doing the things that keep them in this place!!!! both the good and the bad!

Unbelievable. Switzerland has a law requiring everyone to have health insurance. HOWEVER, the only choices available are PRIVATE. There is no government health insurance option as you stated!!!!!

The government wrote the law
The government mandated that the insurers were non profit
The government pays for the poor who can't afford it.

No mater how you set it up the end result is that everyone has heath insurance and those who can't afford it are covered by the government.

Everyone is required to have health insurance and must get it from any of the government regulated non profit insurers for the minimum services.

Any extra services are paid for by the individuals that is where the confusion is. There is a set level of service which everyone has. Everything above that is done for a profit by the insurers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back