Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

There are people hired to come on these boards to influence.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone who doubts what Sedona16 is suggesting should read the book Confessions of a Union Buster by Mark Levitt. He spent over 20 years as a labor-busting consultant and finally had to leave the business because he realized how truly horrible the things he did were. After reading this book, you'll have no doubt that management will go to any lengths to bust a union. This is about ego and control, not business.

The fact that unions exist is pretty sad. What is even worse is a company can't even decide if they want to allow it or not. The government has put a burden on companies that operate in this country because of this. If you like a company don't work at it. There is nothing forcing you to work there. Unions are nothing more than organized criminals.

Ill give you the fact that some union leadership is either misdirected or overzealous in its objectives but to say that Unions are organized criminals is totally turning a blind eye on what good they have done and continue to do. Point blank let me ask where you think the airline industry would be had unions never come on board? Do you think greed was the only reason unions sprung up in the airline industry or any industry for that matter? Lets just say that tomorrow every airline pilot in this country abandoned their unions....you being a thinking man knowing a little bit about the nature of man and business, what do you think would happen? A follow up to that question do you think management at all, most, or a few airlines would actively pursuit quality of life issues, reasonable pay, maintaining a profession that you would want to be in for 20 to 30 years?

I maintain that the status quo would be lowered even further in short order. What I think some people need to realize is that the nature of modern day man is that he doesn’t give a dam about anybody else but his balance sheet or glory. Ud like to think everybody was nice and fair like your neighbor or uncle bob but it just aint so. Without checks and balances one man will walk over another man without blinking and be on his way. Sad but true. Unions have not solved all the problems of a very dynamic industry and many many missteps have been taken (especially related to incorporation of regional flying) and a few "choking the golden goose for the last golden egg" and ALPA national DOES need a new president but without unions your level of getting screwed would go up exponentially. Guys like that deangilo loser (he’s probably management) fail to make a definitive case otherwise. Sure maybe one nonunion is benefiting right now (hate to say im associated with some of the blood suckers over there even though there are alot of great guys too) but in the long run if everybody throws up the white flags on unions like the French during a world war we will be captured and forced into conditions more miserable than we currently have to put up with.

Peace Out!

PS- I don’t give a crap when im writing off the cuff on these boards about spelling so save your breath miss Thompson on the spelling lectures.

SuperKooter said:
The fact that unions exist is pretty sad. What is even worse is a company can't even decide if they want to allow it or not. The government has put a burden on companies that operate in this country because of this. If you like a company don't work at it. There is nothing forcing you to work there. Unions are nothing more than organized criminals.

Last edited:
Bwah-hahahahaha! to you, kooter. You're a real brain trust.

QED, the original post.

You mean there are gimmick accounts on this site???!!?!?! NO WAY!!!

Management is now making pilots pay the ten dollar fee before they can get hired to post. It's called PFP- "Pay-for-Posting."

SuperKooter said:

No idiot, what is sad is that unions were forced to exist because of bad management practices. One of the reasons ALPA was started in teh first place back in the 30's was because a company would wait till a pilot had been employed for 364 days, then fire him, let him re-apply, and then re-hire him at first year pay. Do you really believe that without unions things like that would not happen again? No, they don't happen at non union carriers, because those carriers don't want a union to form. Many airlines, before ALPA, would require a pilot to pay if they were piloting an a/c that was damaged. Think that might happen again without a union? You are truely an idiot. If you think unions are so evil then quit ASA, if you rally work here, and go fly for SKY. I'm sure they will be glad to have you at first year pay.

Last night after the alien anal probe bigfoot promised me $50 dollars for every anti-union post I made. Then management showed up with a kegerator full of blue coolaide. It mixes with cheap vodka pretty good!

"They killed Kenny."

"Who killed Kenney?"

"They, you know, them...they're Ba$tards!"

Conspiracies are everywhere if you smoke enough weed...

I just got paid $5 for this post muahaha....I gotta be a management troll or i wouldnt be able to feed myself as a pilot.*

*joke**

**it's sad i feel the need to add a disclaimer

Latest resources

Back