• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Upcoming Structural Pilot Shortage is REAL - merged

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just look at the number of Flight Instructors being advertised for these days. I've talked to a few of the chief pilots or recruiters around, and they are having problems filling positions. Several of the advertisements are reposted.

Thanks to the immigration department I wont help out! HAHA!

I hope you guys are right. Every single day I dread driving into the office more and more. :(

My old azz should be hitting the shortage at about the right time, and so I haven't given up on actually flying charter or freight for a living eventually and letting go of the grind.

Tomorrow morning, I get to fly a trip on the B200 and won't have to report to my hamster cage till sometime in the afternoon. :beer:

Ah! someone else is starting to see the June 2007 hiring boom

SPilot said:
Just look at the number of Flight Instructors being advertised for these days. I've talked to a few of the chief pilots or recruiters around, and they are having problems filling positions. Several of the advertisements are reposted.

Thanks to the immigration department I wont help out! HAHA!

I was talking to a flight school about their hiring policy if I got my CFI there... They said if I passed my CFI I'd be hired for sure, they are hurting for CFIs. Crazy. Hopefully this isn't a spurious event, it's scary to be putting it all out there for an aviation career.

I don't think it's an indication of a pilot shortage. It seems like more and more of the young bucks are opting for those mega schools that promise a job after 500 hours. I was "lucky" enough to be based at IWA (Williams Gateway) for two months this spring. If you're not familiar, there are something like 5 or 6 of these type of schools at that one airport. Everytime I went to the airport cafe, it was filled with these SJS syndrome kids. I talked to a few just to get a feel for their mentality and every one "couldn't be bothered" with instructing.

Funny 'cause I just talked to a guy the other day at another airport who was instructing because he couldn't pass a checkride at a regional after his "guaranteed" interview and 500 hours. Now he's swimming in debt and regretting his career choice. Duh, I could've told him that!

Yeah, I agree. The airlines won't pay more, they'll just dig deeper in the barrel. You'll see some real winners at the regionals in the next five years. They won't even need to pass a checkride. It'll be an affirmative action type system with merit going to those who owe the bank the most money.

Latest resources

Back