• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the REAL Scott Hall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In all fairness to Mr. Hall, I had a certification issue recently that Scott went out of his way to help me with. Long story short, the examiner that did my ATP kinda dropped the ball in getting my paperwork in, and the FAA thought I was presenting a forged temporary certificate for my SIC type ride. A big hassle that could have gotten much, much uglier if Scott hadn't helped me out. I'm new here, but he seemed like a straight up guy to me.

Just a little piece of addvice I would change your name on this board because you know SH looks at this stuff and he now knows who you are.

He helped me too when I REALLY needed it. I have to thank the man for that! I'd buy him a beer.

Ok I'll take some crap for this buuuuttttttt...........
I don't agree with some of the memos Scott puts out pertaining to negotiations but for the must part he has done more for ASA pilots than anyone since Dan Waters.
When allowed to do what a system chief pilot is supposed to do he is great at it. If there is anyone to get pissed at I would focus my anger or attention towards his boss "King Tutt". This guy needs to have a knee cap broken, along with "Broke Back Brian" and "Yo Tony Dinota" These former Deltoids have come to ASA and done nothing but rule with an iron fist. They suck at their respective positions (they've held many) and continue to lack the ability to LEAD our company. There is so much potential of what ASA is capable of but they are too busy tryin to "keep a brother down" (all employee groups included) they aren't able to get the troops in order to do the jobs they were hired to perform.
Whenever Skywest Inc. grows a set and brings in some new talent that can LEAD this airline (mainly by example) they might start reeping better operational performance and in the long run more $$$.

Very true!

Just a little piece of addvice I would change your name on this board because you know SH looks at this stuff and he now knows who you are.

Maybe.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not saying anything here that I wouldn't say in the crew lounge. If I think Scott, or anyone else at the company, has helped me out, I'll say so. If I think that someone did a good job at something, or could have done a better job at something else, I'll say so. If I think someone screwed up, I'll say so, to them.

Praise in public, critique in private. This is why I called Mr. Hall out by name when mentioning an issue I recently had that turned out favorably.

Sometimes I think the anonymity of this flightinfo thing is kinda childish.

Scott's a hired hand... he's going to do what he's told. Tutt and LeBrecque are the ones pulling the strings. I don't really listen to what he has to say about the contract because I've heard it all before.

One thing though, he has gotten some stuff done for the pilot group. Before him, his predecessors would talk a good game and not deliver (remember the PDAs for weight and balance?). Whether Scott is ultimately responsible for things like CASS or Aerodata I don't know, but they did happen on his watch.

Scott and Charlie both come here with good reputations and a background of getting things done, and they've both worked hard on the changes that have taken place here. What holds them back are some of the old hold-outs like our pres, VPs of HR and inflight, and the well-known the flight crew haters in the GO, such as WH, BM and GG. And MP's payroll has an agenda of ripping off all employess, not just the flight crews. If SKYW would ever finally replace these leftovers, we could finally start making some progress as a company.

I agree with Sinca also. If that is the real Scott Hall, I called you with a 52 minute sit on the ramp last week. We need talk again.
- The ramp is exactly the same as before. The rampers just sit on their cans and watch you sit there waiting to be parked. We're late for what ever reason (Imagine that) and they don't have lighted wands any more. It's the same joke as before on the ramp.
- I flew with 2 very senior Captains the last 2 days and they don't even know how to start the acars pay. I had one Capt say the door is closed and were getting paid. I looked down and the dang brake wasn't released.. WERE NOT GETTING PAID. I told him he needed to release the brake. He released it 2 minutes late and said, OH WELL, SCREW IT. Great attitude.
- Going to love the moral now that Lax is closed. We're really going to be upbeat now. If you don't know me by now, just call.
- I will let you buy me lunch and we can go watch some moron rampers one day and watch the joke that goes on out there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back