• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The OTHER HERO & PILOT: Jeff Skiles, US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pushing this single button will instanly close all openings below the water line as long as the pressurization system is in "Auto".

I'm a retired Usair pilot flying corporate now. I happened to be on a trip and staying in EWR today, and watched as this all unfolded, and I have to say I have never been so proud of my former colleagues and airline as I am today. I knew I flew with the best, and Capt Sullenbergers performance today reminds me of what a great bunch I flew with. Thank you and your crew, and God Bless!

It makes me sick that the media ignores the fact that there was another pilot involed in this amazing miracle, yet everything you read or watch says "the pilot..." bla bla bla, instead "the pilots..." etc!

When the BA crew put their 777 down in LHR last year, the Captain and First Officers were lauded as heros in the media and on TV. Its very doubtful that will ever happen in the US Air case yesterday!

Has Captain Sullenberger made any mention of this, or is the A320 single pilot now?

It makes me sick that the media ignores the fact that there was another pilot involed in this amazing miracle, yet everything you read or watch says "the pilot..." bla bla bla, instead "the pilots..." etc!

When the BA crew put their 777 down in LHR last year, the Captain and First Officers were lauded as heros in the media and on TV. Its very doubtful that will ever happen in the US Air case yesterday!

Has Captain Sullenberger made any mention of this, or is the A320 single pilot now?

I agree, watching the Today Show, and it is just the Pilot and his crew. I guess nobody is aware of a thing called CRM. The crew worked together and got the job done. I am proud of my colleagues.

Kudos to you for giving kudos to the FO. All anyone is hearing about is the captain. The captain did a great job, no questioning that, but seriously the other person with hands on the controls deserves to get some credit too.

:beer:

I don't know about everybody else, but I don't like how some are calling this a "miracle". That Captain, FO, and crew were undeniably the best. There is nothing "miracle" about professional, hard working aviators and flight crew that make great decisions under the gun. The only miracle here is that the media hasn't put a negative spin on the story for ratings. Those pilots...truly inspiring. I hope to someday grace the level of that crew's capability. I can't believe that a crash could bring such great PR, but they deserve every ounce of kudos and more coming their way. Hats off, guys.

Its about time the FO was recognized....the FA's need to be recognized as well.......on a side note.....anyone happen to notice that BOTH pilots have side businesses? Its a shame that two professionals need to have side jobs in this industry.

Didn't they just program the FMS to ditch and re-engage the autopilot and then just sit back and watch the plane do an auto-ditching?

Latest resources

Back