Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The odd number atlantic buck..stingy captains it is more common than you thought

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

Happened again the other day where the captain kept the odd number atlantic buck... WTF is up with this place.. heading to an atlantic today.. we will see what happens... I will keep you posted

PIC's take care of your FO's... WTF

It is quite shocking.

I posted before and I will post again. I am a Captain. All fuel reward points or gift items go to the FO on my flights. Every single Captain I ever flew with did the same. All Captains that I know personally would not ever dream of not letting the FO have all the points. I am sorry to hear that what I thought was the norm has been abaondoned at some of the larger outfits so the younger folk are left wondering about the odd reward ticket.

Another poster said earlier, "The Captain makes tens of thousands of dollars more a year" how could he keep reward points that use to be used among crewmates as the Captain's way of equalizing things. It made for a stronger crew and crew spirit.

I split the rewards evenly, or if there is an odd number, the odd goes to the FO. But I am married and all of my FO's are not. Even though I make more money it is completely taken up by supporting my wife and kids, the FO's have much more disposable income than I do.

I split the rewards evenly, or if there is an odd number, the odd goes to the FO. But I am married and all of my FO's are not. Even though I make more money it is completely taken up by supporting my wife and kids, the FO's have much more disposable income than I do.
Oh how it is so easy to spend someone elses money. Having a wife and kids are lifestyle decisions. Don't whine because you have them, thank God that you do. As for me, the odd one will always go to the FO and hopefully they will do the same when they upgrade.

If you have an odd number on your next trip and he wants to keep it, remind him that he kept the last one.

Let us know what he does when you call him on it!

Happened again the other day where the captain kept the odd number atlantic buck... WTF is up with this place.. heading to an atlantic today.. we will see what happens... I will keep you posted

Get your AvTrip receipts also...sounds like the guy you are flying with is gonna screw you on those points also.

I think that's its fair to split the rewards evenly with the odd ticket going to the FO. I believe it's fair to split them evenly because it's a perk of the job and we are all entitled to perks, regardless of position, salary or seniority. However, I don't believe that it's fair to split them based on the fact that the FO has more disposable income than me because I have a wife and kids. Those are personal choices and regardless of what choices you made in your life, you are not entitled to anything more than anyone else.

after a trip last week the owner gave the captain a tip upon the completion of the flight. i was in the back unloading bags and didn't see the owner give the tip. after cleaning up the plane without his help(yeah big shocker, i know) i went inside and began to eat next to him. the ramper then came in and asked if we got tipped the same amount as him($100). at this point the captain says, "uh..yeah. i was just getting ready to get change". the problem was that the tip came with two $50 bills. he wasn't going to share it with me until he got caught. what an a hole.

Hey, here's a shocker: You're not ENTITLED to Atlantic Bucks, AvTrip points or even that $100 tip.

I split it all with my crew. I'm not suggesting Captains don't. But you all sound like you expect it. Why can't you be happy the 98% of the times when you do get half?

The FBO offer those incentives to get pilots to buy gas. Guess who makes the fuel purchase decesions. That owner gave that money to the Captain. There is no legal obligation to split it with you.

I'm really not saying Captains should keep the points / tips to themselves. I never would. I'm just saying stop whinning like a baby cause you didn't get what you think you deserve.

ok..I hate to be the odd man on this thing but, who really cares who gets the "odd" atlantic buck. Yes, a Captain makes a lot more than an FO but, come on....an FO makes a great payday here as well. SO, lets not fight about $5.00. Who cares. I think they should be split and when I go and pick up the bucks form the office (I am an FO), I always give the extra buck to the CA. I hope the other guy does the return but, if he doesn't...so be it. Life is too short and is it worth the stress over a dumb $5.00. I do not think it is fair for a CA to dish out all the bucks to his FO..just do not think that is fair. I make a great salary here and I do not see Atlantic Bucks as a part of my pay. If you are that destitute, go get a part time job.

Latest resources

Back