Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet Monkey,

Isn't that like saying " I'm a little pregnant"? My point being that I read
negative stuff about AT on this topic, AirTran is a great place to work.

Fletch

Last edited:
xanderman said:
While I can "understand" your position it still does not make it right. Yes it's true, if there is an AWA/ATA deal, you'll most likely get more than a staple job. But to say that you expect it is a whole different matter. It may be a no cash offer but don't forget sir your company is failing. This is not a merger during good times. If you were homeless and someone took you in would you live in the house like it was yours all along? Or would show some respect and treat the host family and their home as though it was a great blessing to you. You are NOT owed anything. Nor are we. But an attitude like that will piss a lot of people off.
Sorry but I don't buy the analogy. A no cash deal will essentially merge our company into yours. Personally I think it'll be good for both sides in the end as it will be a formidable LCC. No I am not owed anything but under the above scenario, yes, I expect to get more than a staple job. Part of the reason I believe that way is because most of what I've heard from AWA pilots has been positive and leaves me optimistic for a fair and equitable deal.

Also -- is it possible that "resident in Chicago" is legal speak for based in Chicago ??

Last edited:
Wes, the Chicago thing is because only people who live in Chicago proper can vote early and vote often for Daley. You and I will be at the Home Depot on 30 in no time flat.

Oh, by the way, I think that capt. megadeth is a girl of the female persuasion. I don't think she can be a "dude".

Wesb737fo said:
As far as "Megadeth's" comments are concerned. I mean ...dude...are you serious with your "ATA guys are too good to fly Saab's" comment? I don't mean any disrespect , but are you for real? I'm sorry, but guys that have flown L1011's around the world aren't exactly looking to swing gear on turbo-props. I don't even know why I am typing this because it is obvious...I'm sure you know this. Your mockery of Jettypeguy was a bit off side and quite misplaced.

Now I need a beer.
Yeah, and I wasn't "looking" to work a 2nd job indefinitely. I feel bad for any pilot that loses their job and has to find a lower paying one, but this "I have all this experience" stuff cracks me up sometimes. I have been in class with people that had double my flight time, didn't take anything seriously because of all their "experience" and then get pissed off because they had a hard time on their checkride. It's great to have experience but it doesn't mean $hit without the right attitude. Oh, and by the way, if you are out of a job long enough, you will be right there in line to swing the gear on a turboprop so you can at least put Ramen noodles on the table.

capt. megadeth said:
I feel bad for any pilot that loses their job and has to find a lower paying one, but this "I have all this experience" stuff cracks me up sometimes. I have been in class with people that had double my flight time, didn't take anything seriously because of all their "experience" and then get pissed off because they had a hard time on their checkride. It's great to have experience but it doesn't mean $hit without the right attitude. Oh, and by the way, if you are out of a job long enough, you will be right there in line to swing the gear on a turboprop so you can at least put Ramen noodles on the table.

Wow, great attitude. Way to have some respect for those who have put in years into this industry, and at the time in life when they should be reaping the benefit of suffering through the lower echelons of the industry, they are forced to start over.

Obviously, you still have a lot of growing up to do. You may be able to pass a checkride, but that doesn't mean squat about your airmanship.

I agree with the others and feel your attitude is poor. I think the problem is your failing to look at the whole picture and are stuck on this "I don't care how much experience you have, you should be happy with any flying job" attitude.
capt. megadeth said:
Oh, and by the way, if you are out of a job long enough, you will be right there in line to swing the gear on a turboprop so you can at least put Ramen noodles on the table.
Let me put some perspective on the ATA situation. The furloughs will leave no FO's on property, pilots with up to about 8-9 years of time will be on the streets. Now not all these guys are young whipper-snappers who just landed their major job and have the young age and low experience to just move onto any other flying job. Most of these men and women have paid their dues (many old ex-TWA,Retired Military with 20+ years,etc) and are living a lifestyle they come to earn. I'm not talking about lifestyles of the rich and famous, but like building that retirement, having kids in college,just living a comfortable lifestyle for themselves and their families. Most can't afford to go back to the starting gate for 18K a year just so they can be happy to have a flying job. Many will have to hang up the flying hat and go do another job that pays more (and there are many other non-aviation jobs out there that pay more than the regionals) especially those with families, as you always want more for your kids than you had and at tough times like these you have to put your families needs ahead of your wants. And just because many have all this experience, doesn't mean they are too good for that turboprop gear swinging job, some have given and given with their families sacrificing as well to get where they are, and there comes a time when you can't just go back and start over again....

capt. megadeth said:
Yeah, and I wasn't "looking" to work a 2nd job indefinitely. I feel bad for any pilot that loses their job and has to find a lower paying one, but this "I have all this experience" stuff cracks me up sometimes. I have been in class with people that had double my flight time, didn't take anything seriously because of all their "experience" and then get pissed off because they had a hard time on their checkride. It's great to have experience but it doesn't mean $hit without the right attitude. Oh, and by the way, if you are out of a job long enough, you will be right there in line to swing the gear on a turboprop so you can at least put Ramen noodles on the table.
Yeah, I get your point Megadeth about the "right attitude". That is critical. But regardless of our effort or attitude we all hate the downward spiral of salaries. It is now an American tradition. It seems every airline is born to fail and we are born to be suckers as Airline Pilots. If we were smart we would have chosen a different line of work. Some have forsaken other lines of work for this job...go figure.

First off, I probably jumped the gun on the guys post saying that he would rather have a AWA deal go through than go swing gear on a TP. I understand that that would be a better option, but I thought the tone of his post seemed like he felt he was too good to "swing gear" on a TP. Secondly, I am the first one to complain about the injustice done to pilots that have "paid their dues", lose everything and have to start over. Sorry to say guys/gals, but I DO HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA OF THE BIG PICTURE. I am sorry if anyone feels that I have a poor attitude. It was not my intention to reflect that at all. My only issue is with people that think because they have all this "experience" they are too good to fly at a regional or a smaller company....I am not talking about the money aspect at all.

TyWebb, NO, someone that doesn't take a checkride seriously and then bi$ches about having a hard time does not deserve respect....I don't care how much experience they have....if they treat training like that, how do you think they are out on the line?

UM, I don't have the "you should be lucky to have a job"....as a matter of fact, my attitude is quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back