Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The National Mediation Board (NMB) representation election voting period is now open!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bus-Driver,

you're new here-welcome! get ready to be attacked, however.

SkyNation,
I think 35-40% for. It really is hard to tell. I was never strongly either side, but ALPA just couldn't sell their product to me. If it was an opt out vote, then ALPA would win by a land slide. The apathy of many will help. The poll on SAPA forums has 217 for and 136 against. I believe that ALPA supporters make up the majority of the posters on those forums and these. Over 1300 pilots aren't even registered on the SAPA forums. What are the chances that guys who don't register for that will vote?

Of the small proportion of the seniority list that I have flown with it is definitely a NO vote. SkyWest will continue to grow and SkyWest Inc won't need to start an alter-ego carrier yet.

I didn't take the choice lightly either, but by the time the ballot came, I had made up my mind. I didn't even open it, went right into the shredder. ALPA just isn't a good fit with SkyWest

So Jerry can have a contract with his BOD and have representation via his lawyer, but you reject a contract and representation for you?

What about the national and global issues that effect pilots? The Air Line Pilot Profession isn't confined to Skywest.....

People with no voice, the inability to particapte in the process that control thier lives usually live under forms of gov't we reject.

ALPA is a democracy that allows you to influence your future and not force you to take what Jerry and his contract tell you to...

I heard that 54 percent of cards were returned. if they all vote for it, it will pass I guess.

I cancelled you out. I didn't return a card but I did vote in favor.:D

Ha! Ha! We'll just have to wait and see. I don't have much experience with union drives, but it sure did seem to take a long time from the start of cards being sent in to petitioning the NMB. I think the cards were coming in very slowly.

Also with the number of posts by ALPA OC members on the SAPA website, when they say it's not their offcial website, leads me to question the numbers who frequent the SkyWest Alpa website. I registered and went there a few time for information, but if it was getting substantial traffic I doubt they would have to distribute their information on the SAPA site. Only about half the pilots have registered on the SAPA site, I wonder what the numbers are on the ALPA site - I bet it's pitiful.

Then there is the reluctance of the ALPA OC members to answer the questions of Mr Livingston. Sure, they're loaded questions, and he has an agenda as transparent as their own, but if their argument is strong, what are they afraid of? He's just an almost 60 year old lawyer with limited aviation experience. Debate him, don't be afraid, perhaps they could win over a few of us - if their arguments are strong enough.

Ha! Ha! We'll just have to wait and see. I don't have much experience with union drives, but it sure did seem to take a long time from the start of cards being sent in to petitioning the NMB. I think the cards were coming in very slowly.

Also with the number of posts by ALPA OC members on the SAPA website, when they say it's not their offcial website, leads me to question the numbers who frequent the SkyWest Alpa website. I registered and went there a few time for information, but if it was getting substantial traffic I doubt they would have to distribute their information on the SAPA site. Only about half the pilots have registered on the SAPA site, I wonder what the numbers are on the ALPA site - I bet it's pitiful.

Then there is the reluctance of the ALPA OC members to answer the questions of Mr Livingston. Sure, they're loaded questions, and he has an agenda as transparent as their own, but if their argument is strong, what are they afraid of? He's just an almost 60 year old lawyer with limited aviation experience. Debate him, don't be afraid, perhaps they could win over a few of us - if their arguments are strong enough.

Maybe they don't want to debate someone who is so obviously self-serving and completely untrustworthy?!

Maybe they don't want to debate someone who is so obviously self-serving and completely untrustworthy?!

Maybe they don't have the answers. Personally I think they weakened their position by ignoring him. They should have shut him down and made him look like an idiot, instead they looked afraid.

Latest resources

Back