Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The National Mediation Board (NMB) representation election voting period is now open!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they don't have the answers. Personally I think they weakened their position by ignoring him. They should have shut him down and made him look like an idiot, instead they looked afraid.

Maybe they don't like sellouts that were elected by our pilot group to represent us, that turned around and sold us down the river?

P.S. He doesn't really need any help to look like an idiot, does a pretty good job of it all by himself!

Then there is the reluctance of the ALPA OC members to answer the questions of Mr Livingston. Sure, they're loaded questions, and he has an agenda as transparent as their own, but if their argument is strong, what are they afraid of?

They wont debate him because they are smarter than in past drives. His (and others) purpose is and has been to divide and confuse. Get people to bicker about the peripherals and lose sight of the issue at hand. Debating him has no point and it hurts their cause in the end. Union busting 101

Ha! Ha! We'll just have to wait and see. I don't have much experience with union drives, but it sure did seem to take a long time from the start of cards being sent in to petitioning the NMB. I think the cards were coming in very slowly.

Also with the number of posts by ALPA OC members on the SAPA website, when they say it's not their offcial website, leads me to question the numbers who frequent the SkyWest Alpa website. I registered and went there a few time for information, but if it was getting substantial traffic I doubt they would have to distribute their information on the SAPA site. Only about half the pilots have registered on the SAPA site, I wonder what the numbers are on the ALPA site - I bet it's pitiful.

Then there is the reluctance of the ALPA OC members to answer the questions of Mr Livingston. Sure, they're loaded questions, and he has an agenda as transparent as their own, but if their argument is strong, what are they afraid of? He's just an almost 60 year old lawyer with limited aviation experience. Debate him, don't be afraid, perhaps they could win over a few of us - if their arguments are strong enough.

From reading your posts, it didn't seem like you really wanted to be "won over" anyway...

Attacked?

Bus-Driver,

you're new here-welcome! get ready to be attacked, however.

Only retards get attacked here-Skynation must still have a sore butt..... Want some lotion, retard?

-I don't care what you vote for, doesn't change the fact that you are a complete idiot, Sky!

-Eat it, idiot!

so what do you think the results will be? what will you say drove the results? did each side (ALPA vs. SkyWest) present their message adequately?

thanks

It will be close either way so if you are leaning pro ALPA, VOTE.

It wasn't a decision that I made quickly. I talked to a lot of people and attended a couple of ALPA events. The biggest factor for me was talking to both present and former ALPA members, especially those at the regional level. I have had Jerry in my jumpseat three times, I have met Ron (haven't met Chip yet), Klen personally helped me out, I have not met my new chief pilot. So, having met most of my management team (didn't see any horns), having spoken to quite a few ALPA people, having spent too much of my life reading these and the SAPA forums.......... I just shredded my NMB letter. That's a NO for me!

What will you do when your favorite chief pilots and CEO call it quits and they bring in the guy with the horns?

Ha! Ha! We'll just have to wait and see. I don't have much experience with union drives, but it sure did seem to take a long time from the start of cards being sent in to petitioning the NMB. I think the cards were coming in very slowly.

Also with the number of posts by ALPA OC members on the SAPA website, when they say it's not their offcial website, leads me to question the numbers who frequent the SkyWest Alpa website. I registered and went there a few time for information, but if it was getting substantial traffic I doubt they would have to distribute their information on the SAPA site. Only about half the pilots have registered on the SAPA site, I wonder what the numbers are on the ALPA site - I bet it's pitiful.

Then there is the reluctance of the ALPA OC members to answer the questions of Mr Livingston. Sure, they're loaded questions, and he has an agenda as transparent as their own, but if their argument is strong, what are they afraid of? He's just an almost 60 year old lawyer with limited aviation experience. Debate him, don't be afraid, perhaps they could win over a few of us - if their arguments are strong enough.

The cards are good for a year. So typically they collect them for a year before petitioning. That was the case here.

As for Mr Livingston, I don't know who he is but I would gladly try and answer his questions. Throw them over this way.

Latest resources

Back