The Mesa Circus Express-Unprofessionals flying your family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2Scuba said:
You guys that defend Mesa, especially the ones that don't actually work there, are a absolute fricken pathetic joke. This airline is the prick of the industry and anyone that works there is part of the family. It's very difficult in real life to just leave your family, but if you were abused or part of a corrupt crime ridden family, that might be a good option. Besides leaving, the other option is stop defending your families actions and do everything in your power to help make change. Otherwise, you are just contributing to the plaguelike problems of this slimeball Hitler run organization.

this coming from a guy at TSA who is flying american eagle owned jets in direct violation of their scope clause. at least mesa stopped the freedom menace, you guys have a lot of work left to do.

8HourPilot said:
Just out of curiousity, what other choice did I have? I don't recall EVER having SJS. I have a job flying a jet, thats what I do, that doesnt mean I'm sporting wood every time I see my shiny new airplane. The Mesa guys.....they are nice guys, it's just the company that sucks, and I think we can all agree on that.

I agree with you.....I just can't stand hypocrisy. People villifying Mesa pilots for working for $20K a year when they've done the EXACT SAME F-ING THING. Maybe some even PFT'd. There are a lot of good dudes at Mesa. I know quite a few of them, and I'd fly with 'em anytime. Of course, there are $hitheads too, but that's the same everywhere. There are just as many $hitheads at XJET, CHQ, PCL, you name it, just as there are a lot of good folks there too.

Mesa will all ways be Mesa. They set the industry bottom and unfortunatly a lot of there pilots i'm sure went there as a last resort. If your company didn't give a $hit about you would you care to look your best? I wouldn't. I've talked to some of them, most seem like good guys getting there time and they want the f_ck out. At least they didn't go to G0Jets. G0Jets is the only company I have a problem with.

CitationLover said:
this coming from a guy at TSA who is flying american eagle owned jets in direct violation of their scope clause. at least mesa stopped the freedom menace, you guys have a lot of work left to do.

I don't know where you come to the conclusion I fly for TSA. Expressjet is my employer Sherlock. Anyways, this is more than just who you fly with, it's how you present yourself and your attitude towards your company, career, industry, etc. My problem is guys like yourself who have blindfolds on pretending like everything is just peachy. Maybe you'll actually mature down the road and realize windbreakers are a dumb look for a professional airline pilot. Maybe you'll someday realize that the NWA pilots and Delta pilots like to fly, but that isn't going to cloud their judgement in achieving a professional acceptable contract. Maybe you'll mature some day and realize that JO is an extreme a$$h*le and his actions make Mesa a very bad place indeed. Maybe someday you'll mature and take criticism, and be a big enough man to learn from it.

Fly2Scuba said:
I don't know where you come to the conclusion I fly for TSA. Expressjet is my employer Sherlock. Anyways, this is more than just who you fly with, it's how you present yourself and your attitude towards your company, career, industry, etc. My problem is guys like yourself who have blindfolds on pretending like everything is just peachy. Maybe you'll actually mature down the road and realize windbreakers are a dumb look for a professional airline pilot. Maybe you'll someday realize that the NWA pilots and Delta pilots like to fly, but that isn't going to cloud their judgement in achieving a professional acceptable contract. Maybe you'll mature some day and realize that JO is an extreme a$$h*le and his actions make Mesa a very bad place indeed. Maybe someday you'll mature and take criticism, and be a big enough man to learn from it.

i don't work for mesa you maroon.

anyways, you worry then about xjet. your about to take it up the rear with regards to lost flying. besides all your senior CA's there, bought there jobs. worry about your company and let the mesa folks worry about theirs. most of them do not wear a windbreaker.

what is a "professional airline pilot" supposed to look like? a corporate stooge in a suit? i think we'd look just fine in a t-shirt and cutoffs (heck thats what the pax wear anyways).

i will have to say the xjet rampers have treated us nicely in PIT since they took over our ground ops there.

CitationLover said:
i don't work for mesa you maroon.

anyways, you worry then about xjet. your about to take it up the rear with regards to lost flying. besides all your senior CA's there, bought there jobs. worry about your company and let the mesa folks worry about theirs. most of them do not wear a windbreaker.

what is a "professional airline pilot" supposed to look like? a corporate stooge in a suit? i think we'd look just fine in a t-shirt and cutoffs (heck thats what the pax wear anyways).

i will have to say the xjet rampers have treated us nicely in PIT since they took over our ground ops there.
Don't call me a maroon, I'm white. In regards to your fantasizing about t-shirts and cutoffs. Let me ask you this, if you were going to the doctor's office for a procedure and the doc walks in with "t-shirt and cutoffs", would you feel comfortable and perhaps more importantly would you be willing to pay the same for his treatment versus if the doctor walked in wearing a shirt and tie? Grow up and understand that the decisions, actions, and attitudes of one pilot group affects us all.

Fly2Scuba said:
Don't call me a maroon, I'm white. In regards to your fantasizing about t-shirts and cutoffs. Let me ask you this, if you were going to the doctor's office for a procedure and the doc walks in with "t-shirt and cutoffs", would you feel comfortable and perhaps more importantly would you be willing to pay the same for his treatment versus if the doctor walked in wearing a shirt and tie? Grow up and understand that the decisions, actions, and attitudes of one pilot group affects us all.

i'm all for looking professional....hell i iron my nice white shirt before i put it on everyday and shine my shoes (ya, i know i need to get laid) BUT don't think for one second the passengers give a care about that or would pay more for it! if the ticket was $5 they'd fly on a paper airplane with a 3 year old flying it....oh ya and beeech the whole way about not getting a bag of peanuts!

Last edited:
The Mesa guys I've met are good guys. But I've got to call you guys out on the windbreaker. It is hurting us all. A sharp appreance is a choice. You guys can choose to look good with the leather jacket or blazer or look poor with the windbraker.

Look, Mesa does have a less than stellar reputation. Why propagate such a image?

It is not all about ticket price. Saying pax don't care if thier pilot is unprofessional is a cope out and said by pilots who look unprofessional so they can justify being unprofessional.

Consumers want value. They want a good price and good safe jet transport. Don't effect thier belief with a poor image.

BusDriver12 said:
he looked like he was the drummer from skid row, but no he is a professional airline pilot.

Hey I'll bet Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden would take offense to that! IIRC isn't he a pilot for some airline in Europe in his spare time?

Fly2Scuba said:

well as someone who used to have to wear a suit and tie to work everyday i can say that your logic is crap. joe scmoe and his family care about getting $800 worth of service out of their $150 ticket. they could care less if the pilots wore a collared shirt and dockers (ie the pro golfer look), heck swa flight attendants wear shorts.

doctors wear pajamas when they operate for goodness sakes......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back