The Mesa Circus Express-Unprofessionals flying your family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BusDriver12 said:
...in my opinion they are worse than GOatjets...

Sorry Bus, there is a big difference between a pilot who voluntarily agrees to work for low wages at a legitimate (yes I said, "legitimate") company and a pilot who essentially agrees to be a “scab” at an illegitimate company specifically designed to circumvent other pilots.

I don’t work for Mesa and I don’t necessarily like what their management is doing, but they are a legitimate company nonetheless. Most guys I know over there realize the problems that exist and I have to believe that in a couple years that situation will self correct.

Two possibilities:

1) The upgrade time slows and the pilots demand higher pay/ better work rules.

2) A low timer wrecks something which will then increase hiring standards and eventually pay.

Hojets on the other hand is a very real and serious problem. TSA holdings, if successful, will have established a precedence that all the airlines could follow. If this situation repeats itself elsewhere, this will have a dramatic effect on all of us. Hojet pilots need to realize the larger impact of what they are doing.

Let’s say Republic decides they want you to fly 190’s for the same pay. You guys got a pretty good group over there, so of course you’d say “fuc8 no!”. So now they say “skrew you. Do it or we’ll just pull a Hojets on you!”. Ahhh, now you’d be forced to act in one way or another.

Point being, there is a very big difference between the Mesa situation and the Hojets situation. Everybody on this board should realize that.

I'm taking mozzer and A350's side. You folks are running circles around yourselves about Mesa appearance issues and sound a little gay. Who cares what certain pilots look like? Is it like you have to be pretty with gel in your hair or something to be a RJ pilot! Geeez.
Mozzer paid his dues. He's worked his tail off building real experience before applying to Mesa. There seem to be some real choads here attacking the pilots and not mentioning anything about management anymore etc... You folks just come across as snobby and cocky. Makes me think I'd have more fun working for someone like Mesa than with some of you all.

Yeah Yeah Mesa sucks... Yawn. :puke:

It's getting old. When you see a douche in the terminal, call him out. Otherwise, deal with your own crap.

:uzi: :smash:

LowlyPropCapt said:
It's getting old. When you see a douche in the terminal, call him out. Otherwise, deal with your own crap.

how about keep your trap shut and worry about yourself and not what others are doing or wearing.

if you need a ride and the CA appears scruffy are you not going to go home then? if you do, you are a fool.

A350 said:
For the record......

Mesa does have a pilot with a pony tail.....he was a USAirways pilot for 15 years and now works for Mesa. However, I know you wouldn't see it when he is in uniform. He hides it or wears a wig. You might have seen it in the crew room.

And further for the record, he can fly rings around you. He has more IFR time than you have total.....so, next time you see him, perhaps you could show a little respect for your elders.

A350

I think I just met this guy in CMH a few weeks ago...nicest guy. Looked like a Grateful Dead roadie....but who cares. He's an examiner and does seaplane instruction in South Carolina.

I'm sure there isn't a pilot on this planet that couldn't learn something from him.

By the way...he hates Mesa more than anyone on this planet too.

jws717 said:
Take it easy bud... he has the right to his opinion and dont be sore about getting bumped off jumpseats its only beacause you cost alot of us a decent quality of life.

With all the jokers who deny jumpseats because of one agenda or another. I am surprised anyone ever gets to work!......Oh....ok .....just talk huh? We can only hope smarter and cooler heads prevail once you leave flightinfo and get back to the real world.

Okay, I guess it's time for me to defend Mesa again. Geeesh...you all need to start picking on someone else...I need variety!

From the facts that I've gathered from the 13,217 posts involving the purple Mesa windbreaker, it appears that this is approved company uniform (these must have come out after I left regional flying years back, so I can't envision what they look like, but I'll take others words for it). At any rate, other than not being majority accepted as proper fashion in the pilot community, what is it that proves these to be "very unprofessional". Again, if they're approved to wear as part of the uniform, blame those in corporate who allow these to be worn.

And by the way, what would you do if you worked outside of aviation, perhaps in a corporate/office job where everyone dresses differently. Would you be whining about people wearing ties that were in poor taste, or maybe crying to your boss that one of your co-workers has socks that don't go with his shoes? Seriously, I just don't understand how a piece of CLOTHING can invoke SUCH a feeling of animosity/hatred.

And it appears that this other gentleman (with the ponytail) is furloughed US Air mainline? (a.k.a "Jet-for-Job"). If that's the case, and he has upwards of 15-years experience at US Air alone (not counting the experience that got him that job) I have a feeling that he knows a bit about "professionalism". And something tells me he has more real world flying experience than you'll ever aspire to actually have! In fact, a Captain that I once flew with had practically a full-body tattoo...although you never would know since he hid it under his uniform (I'm still not sure how he survived those hot days with long sleeves?). My point being, do you really, truly think that he allows that ponytail to be seen while in public view? Hardly. And something tells me he doesn't care whether someone in the confines of the crew room thinks he's a "drummer for Skid Row".

Instead of coming back crying to this internet forum on how Mesa's uniform attire and appearances are "single handedly ruining this career", perhaps you should be man enough to approach them and tell them what you think. I'm sure they would appreciate it, and you could enlighten them on how those windbreakers are assisting in "ruining careers". See, that's what men do...if they have a problem with someone, they tell that person...face to face.

Might try it sometime...

[By the way, can anyone post a picture of these infamous winbreakers? I'd just like to see for my very eyes how "hideous" they actually are]

StarChecker said:
I think I just met this guy in CMH a few weeks ago...nicest guy. Looked like a Grateful Dead roadie....but who cares. He's an examiner and does seaplane instruction in South Carolina.

I'm sure there isn't a pilot on this planet that couldn't learn something from him.

By the way...he hates Mesa more than anyone on this planet too.

Thats the guy. Great guy. Flew with him a couple bids. To say it again, he is a furloughed MAINLINE US Airways pilot. Has had the long hair his whole career. Uses the hat to cover the hair until the cockpit door is closed. No passengers ever see it.

The windbreakers suck but the only ones who should be mad about them are the fellow Mesa crewmembers that have to walk next to these fools in the terminals. -Bean

ps This guy actually has a VW wagon he used to crash in in the PHL parking lot. Total dead head.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back