• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Liberal Media

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is almost as dumb as the Fox News faithful.

Seriously, watch Jon Stewart. He makes fun of Dems too. Ya might like it...

The more people flying on private jets, the better!

Exactly Right !!

We have to demand higher wages for all workers so more than just 1% of the population can afford to fly on private jets.

Imagine how many more pilot jobs there would be.

It is depressing that centrists such as myself are now grossly outnumbered by both the fox fanboys and the liberalazis. The center used to be where the edges would meet to generate consensus. The center was where pragmatism met idealism, where greed met generosity, where the dollar met demand. Now, it is just an empty alley, a demilitarized zone above which the missiles of extremism fly. I feel like a relic. What I really am, of course, is hopeful. When all the extremists fail miserably, I'll still be here, with my favorite politicians seated front and center, where the action is, instead of on either side, where the sound of whining drowns out any sensible arguments, and stumbling mediocrity slows their steps.

Wacoflyr, with apologies to neither side.

Hey ya'll.

youtube is giving a nod to the homeless. I know all you "Fox'ies" hate the homeless and think they should just go out and get a job.

Okay, I agree...I hate the idea of people living off my sweat. But watch the fricken videos. I know you won't. Just like you won't watch the Daily Show. You have your idea of how the world is and my post or a nuclear bomb isn't going to change your mind. But maybe someone out there will see that it's real people out there who need real help.

Main video to set up the operation:

Main Video

And here are the stories. Open your mind and see the truth...

Story One

Story Two

Story Three

Story Four

Story Five

Story Six

Story Seven

Story Eight

Story Nine

Story Ten

There were a bunch more but I have to go get my kid from piano lessons. Crazy world eh?

Stop with the Fox...really, and be man enough to watch what you disagree with. These videos AND Jon Stewart.

also, Fly Safe,

GP

It is depressing that centrists such as myself are now grossly outnumbered by both the fox fanboys and the liberalazis. The center used to be where the edges would meet to generate consensus. The center was where pragmatism met idealism, where greed met generosity, where the dollar met demand. Now, it is just an empty alley, a demilitarized zone above which the missiles of extremism fly. I feel like a relic. What I really am, of course, is hopeful. When all the extremists fail miserably, I'll still be here, with my favorite politicians seated front and center, where the action is, instead of on either side, where the sound of whining drowns out any sensible arguments, and stumbling mediocrity slows their steps.

Wacoflyr, with apologies to neither side.

+1

The only difference between far right nutjobs spewing erroneous, made-up crap they got in a chain email at the top of their lungs and the far left nutjobs spewing the liberally skewed alarmist crap they got from CNN is the color of their politics. Both believe if they jump up and down and yell and scream utter nonsense as loud and as long as possible that they'll eventually convince others that their view is correct. All they really do is alienate centrists of one stripe or another who might have actually been swayed by civil, rational discourse.

Here's a clue for you right wing nutjobs ... all politicians are owned by Big Business. They will ALL tell you what you want to hear and then do whatever the $1000 per-plate lobbyists ask them to do. They ALL have you bent over with one hand in your pocket and they have ALL sold our birthright as Americans to the lowest global bidder. All of them. We need to flush the system completely.

There were no "Centrists" in the Late 1700's of those who formed the greatest country and government ever devised in the history of the world. There were Episcopalians, Protestants, Presbyterians and yes Atheists WHO ALL ROCKED THE BOAT!!! They all agreed in forming a government where freedom of the press meant any one group in possession of a common printing press could access and hold the government accountable to their constituents and the Constitution. They believed if you distrusted your government or representatives, you should have a say so in an open forum of YOUR CHOICE. They believed government served no purpose in dictating WHO, WHAT, WHERE or WHEN ONE SHOULD PRAY TO THEIR GOD. (Separation of Church and State does not exist in the forming documents of the US in the propagation alleged today). They believed in a militia (CARRYING GUNS) and defense of the United States AGAINST ALL [HER] ENEMIES BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. They also believed (if you can read the Constitution) If ever a time the Formed Government should stray from these basic principles or encroach upon the rights of its citizens in the manner in which the King was just rejected and ousted, then her Citizens were compelled in defense of the Constitution to revolt.

There is no middle. You are either living or you are dying. Plain and simple. Yeah, Jon and Cobert are absolutely hilarious and I am in fact a cultured patron via my TiVo. Ultimately, both sides provide abundant fodder, however, you cannot sit on the sidelines thinking "it will all work out", "no one politician can be trusted." That is a cop-out and an excuse from participating in the fleecing of the grandest and most successful government in the history of man-kind in hopes of avoiding "the losing side."

God help us all.

100-1/2

Oh, Yeah! And then there is this:

http://media.sfexaminer.com/images/How+much+did+the+Iraq+war+cost.gif

Last edited:
There is no middle. You are either living or you are dying. Plain and simple. Yeah, Jon and Cobert are absolutely hilarious and I am in fact a cultured patron via my TiVo. Ultimately, both sides provide abundant fodder, however, you cannot sit on the sidelines thinking "it will all work out", "no one politician can be trusted." That is a cop-out and an excuse from participating in the fleecing of the grandest and most successful government in the history of man-kind in hopes of avoiding "the losing side."

Exactly wrong. Which politicians hold greatest sway in the Senate right now? Is it Harry Reid? We all know what he is going to do. He will support Obama, and say awful things about the right. I sometimes wonder if he has ever made an independent decision in his life. Is it Mitch McConnell? He has sworn, publicly, to fight any legislation put forth by the Obama administration even if it mirrors his own position! What's more important to you, Mitch, the USA, or the next election?

No. The most powerful senators right now are the centrists. Olympia Snowe from Maine votes for good legislation, regardless of who's idea it was. So does Susan Collins. It is too early to tell, but Scott Brown may be cut from the same cloth. What do all three of these politicians have in common? They are republicans, yes, but what else?

Over on the house side, where simple majority is all that is necessary, there is a solid bloc of democrats who try (and sometimes fail) to keep the administration honest.

These are the politicians who make a difference. They stand out from the thundering herd. They decide what passes, and what doesn't. They hold their own parties accountable. They make the tough and unpopular votes. They are centrists, and the country would be at a standstill without them.

Wacoflyr

Last edited:
I've got to go with Waco on this one.

Most Americans are center-right by nature. Some are swayed by the rhetoric of the Left, while others are captivated by the rhetoric of the Right.

Most politicians on both sides move to the center at election time to hold on to their jobs and then vote their ideology afterward. Since Democrat party discipline is much stronger than that of the Republicans, we have tended to adopt the agenda of the Left.

Let's hear it for term limits for all elected offices!

If a majority held a margin equaling the number of "centrists" then the "Centrists" would thereby rendered insignificance. Dare I say, "powerless?"

Snowe/Collins are a joke and enjoy sitting on the fence for the attention. If there were 55 R's, there would be little care for what these two idiots think. Anyone South of I-90 would care little to even remember their names. I believe in just a few short hours, the AZ Republican Primary shall demonstrate just how the 'system' dispatches with "centrists."

Rolling stones gather no moss and a boat that isn't rocking is tied to a pier growing barnacles.

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back