• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Liberal Media

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The poor create plenty of jobs. How many walmart jobs would there be without the poor shopping there? How many MCD and Burger King jobs without the poor getting their daily nutrition there? Who do think supports the makers of keystone lite, busch beer and rocket fuel malt liquor? The 10 million a year CEO or the 20k a year poor person? Yeah demand for Colt 45 by the rich created those jobs.

And who pays the wages for that poor person, i think is what the guy was trying to say. If that poor person has money it comes from somebody that he works for, or it comes from somebody elses taxes. Either way, he wouldn't be shopping at Walmart if Sam didn't put one there.

And who pays the wages for that poor person, i think is what the guy was trying to say. If that poor person has money it comes from somebody that he works for, or it comes from somebody elses taxes. Either way, he wouldn't be shopping at Walmart if Sam didn't put one there.

Sam wouldn't have put a walmart there if there weren't people, mostly on the lower income class, that were going to shop there.
This is clearly the chicken or the egg argument.
Also Sam walton wasn't rich when he started Walmart. So no it not always the rich that create jobs. Walmart has something like 1 million employees all created by a man who wasn't rich at the start.

Sam wouldn't have put a walmart there if there weren't people, mostly on the lower income class, that were going to shop there.
This is clearly the chicken or the egg argument.
Also Sam walton wasn't rich when he started Walmart. So no it not always the rich that create jobs. Walmart has something like 1 million employees all created by a man who wasn't rich at the start.

Are you employed by a poor person/people? NO? Then rethink your argument.

Sam Walton may have started small, but money had to come from somewhere (loans) to get the company to it's success. That money came from rich people.

This was back in the great depression:

In 1945, after leaving the military, Walton took over management of his first variety store. With the help of a $20,000 loan from his father-in-law, plus $5,000 he had saved from his time in the Army, Walton purchased a Ben Franklin variety store in Newport, Arkansas.[4] The store was a franchise of the Butler Brothers chain.

I'm not saying that sam walton wasn't a great business man or that he wasn't an innovator, just that he needed help from someone with $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get started.

POOR PEOPLE DON"T CREATE JOBS

Are you employed by a poor person/people? NO? Then rethink your argument.

Sam Walton may have started small, but money had to come from somewhere (loans) to get the company to it's success. That money came from rich people.

This was back in the great depression:

In 1945, after leaving the military, Walton took over management of his first variety store. With the help of a $20,000 loan from his father-in-law, plus $5,000 he had saved from his time in the Army, Walton purchased a Ben Franklin variety store in Newport, Arkansas.[4] The store was a franchise of the Butler Brothers chain.

I'm not saying that sam walton wasn't a great business man or that he wasn't an innovator, just that he needed help from someone with $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get started.

POOR PEOPLE DON"T CREATE JOBS

I admit I am not sure how much 20k and 5k in 1945 dollars equates to today's value. If 20k and 5k in 1945 make you rich then I am wrong. If 20k and 5k does not make you rich then again walmart jobs originate from a non rich person. And as you wrote," but money had to come from somewhere (loans) to get the company to it's success," doesn't mean it comes from rich people. Getting a business loan from a bank is not the same thing as money from a rich person.

And no the person that signs my paycheck is not poor, however he didn't create my job either. The company, and jobs there after, originated from a non rich person, who yes got a business loan or two. And yes without the poor purchasing the product, the rich person that signs my paycheck and that didn't create the job, would not be able to pay me or himself for that matter. So yes it is more then just the rich that create jobs.

I agree that people that come from nothing can create successful bsinesses that create many jobs. Those people need money from a some source like a bank or some other type of investor (rich people) to start their business. If there are excessive taxes and regulations that limit the success of a start up making it, these rich people will not lend money for these businesses to start up, because they will not get a return on their investment. If these rich people are excessively taxed for being successful they will not lend money, they will not expand their business and not create more jobs if they are losing money for doing so. If these rich people, who are usually really smart, don't trust the economy and/or govt they will do what they can to save their money and not hire people. These poor people that you say create jobs by spending money, can't spend money if they are not employed, like 9.5% of americans.

Here are some ways to avoid the problems this country is facing:
- Save Money
- Don't live beyond your means
- Hold people accountable for their actions
- Don't let people become dependant on the govt or any other source when they are capable of taking care of themselves.
- Don't let any politician that has proven themselves to be inadequate contine to hold office(all of them)
- Don't tax employers out of existence
- Don't tax employees out of existence

I could go on and on, but this stuff seems to me to be common sense

The more people flying on private jets, the better!

That is one ignorant statement. As if capitalism is some perfect machine.:rolleyes:

If you only have one hour a day to watch television news ... The Glenn Beck Program is the most information dense hour of television you will find.

This statement made you lose whatever shred of credibility that you had left from your last stupid post.

Latest resources

Back