• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The latest on the AWA and AAA seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So they will still have to have a joint contract for the list to be merged? If that is the case, then the East really will just vote no all the time. Or can the judge force this?

So they will still have to have a joint contract for the list to be merged?
Yes.
If that is the case, then the East really will just vote no all the time. Or can the judge force this?
If we win the DFR case the judge will issue some kind of injuction. What it could be and what its effect would be is unknown. Of course they'll appeal but he seems to have a very good understanding of what's at stake so there's a good chance he'd make it very painful for the East to continue on their unvirtuous path. Their delay tactics of the past 22 months have benefitted them greatly already in terms of upgrades and fewer furloughs and the judge knows this. We can only hope justice will prevail.

He is a judge not an emperor.

In this you are correct. However if you do not believe that he can amend the TA and order the list implemented, call up usapa and ask seham what a Federal Judge can and can't do. On second thought, if you want a real answer and not the delusional answer. Ask most any other legal entity. You may find out that the Judge is just like an Emperor in this area if he follows the law.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I see the same “idiots” and “nonsense-spewers” are still here on FI. Glad to see my fellow AWA pilots still carrying the mail and providing rational input to the discussion and the continuing support of our fellow professional airline pilots.

For what it is worth, your view crystallizes pretty clearly when you have been furloughed for 5 months. All the while knowing that New Hires and East Furloughees are still working. USAPA has never gone on record over New Hires continuing to work while West pilots were let go. AWA pilots sit on the street in this economy enduring financial and emotional hardship; that should not have happened. What your realize is that this dispute is about money, power, and the East taking advantage of their greater numbers to elevate the East Pilots into a position that the merger & Mr. Nicolau did not place them. It is really that simple. East wants to benefit at the expense of their fellow pilots, they want a “do-over” on the merger agreement, 3 years down the road. Every day that goes by, East takes advantage of West. USAPA and every East pilot is responsible, there is just no way around that. They want to get something for nothing … it is so corrupt, it is just like the Madoff scandal, mortgage loan crisis, bonuses at AIG. Just cheat your way to the top and nobody will know, have time to investigate, or ever call you on it. Except this time, the AWA pilots have drawn a line in the sand and that day of reconciliation is indeed coming. Really with most Fraud, it does catch up with you. We will see if the Judge says USAPA violated its duty of Fair Representation and then what the penalties might be

It is one company, the new US Airways. Every day AWA pilots are denied our 757 growth slots, our E190 slots, and of course the integrated seniority list. All we want is what we agreed too. Every day the East Pilots benefit, while the West Pilots are prevented from capturing what we’ve been awarded or negotiated. We are going to get a Federal Judge to order it to be done the way it was supposed to be done. And I don’t mind flying with anyone out East. I look forward to flying with professional crews, anywhere, at any time.

No East pilots will fly with any West pilots with the Nic award. Unsafe!!. Just like when AWA pilots feel that a East J/S is unsafe. Imagine having to fly together. It will not work.

Eastie DOH is 1988 (Former Capt. now blockholder) and the Westie hired in 2005 (always Reserve F/O) is more senior? Try coming to one of the East bases and see what that 2005 DOH will get you. No one will fly with you. Unsafe.

East pilots would rather see this place implode before allowing a judge to force a Union in implementing the Nic.

Time to start looking for a new career Westies. I see USAIR gone if they try to force the Nic. We are too old to put up with some Westie Judge appointed by Bush to destroy a Union buildt on Union principles.

M

I see USAIR gone if they try to force the Nic.
I disagree but if that's the way it turns out then so be it. Doing the right thing doesn't always work out well but it's still worth doing.

Binding arbitration is supposed to be, you know, binding. That's why it's called binding. If it wasn't binding and any group who doesn't like the result can undo it it wouldn't be called binding. Both sides willingly went to binding arbitration with Nicolau knowing the results were binding. So why does USAPA think binding isn't binding for them? Watch the trial and find out.

For you few FI USAPA supporters: do you really feel lucky about your chances in court? Has counselor Seham inspired enough confidence in his ability to deliver? If you lose will it really have been worth it? If Judge Wake wakes does a good job then definitely not!

Last edited:
No Joint contract = No Nic.
Judge can not modify ALPA merger policy. 3 things need to happen for a list to get implemented.Thats why ALPA failed.

Plus ALPA produced a flawed list with falsified data supplied by ALPA. Again, Nicolau used falsied data to come up with a flawed list.

A joint contract is not possible with Nic, which means ALPA has a safety mechanism, that both sides have to agree on a contract, which is not possible under NIC. Thats what Prater had in mind,when he tried to convince USAIR pilots that we could always modify the Nic with C &R, because the East had the power not to allow the Nic to take place. Like I said, a joint contract was not possible under a flawed Nicolau award. Why do you think Delta and NWA got them to sign a joint contract before the merger of the lists? Answer: to avoid ALPA merger gridlock. Both sides need to agree.

M

Eastie DOH of 1988 was either worthless - furloughed - or the industry equivalent of a new hire - junior F/O. Not the wests' fault, not Nicolau's fault, not your fault even. You guys worked for usair and that's what you got. Live with it and grow the hell up.

No East pilots will fly with any West pilots with the Nic award. Unsafe!!. Just like when AWA pilots feel that a East J/S is unsafe. Imagine having to fly together. It will not work.

Eastie DOH is 1988 (Former Capt. now blockholder) and the Westie hired in 2005 (always Reserve F/O) is more senior? Try coming to one of the East bases and see what that 2005 DOH will get you. No one will fly with you. Unsafe.

East pilots would rather see this place implode before allowing a judge to force a Union in implementing the Nic.

Time to start looking for a new career Westies. I see USAIR gone if they try to force the Nic. We are too old to put up with some Westie Judge appointed by Bush to destroy a Union buildt on Union principles.

M

Mere Puffery....yawn.

Latest resources

Back