The last straw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SimHo

This age 65 bill should be the last straw for all regional ALPA pilots. This new bill MOST affects regional airline pilots. It was HURRIED through congress by ALPA, against the wishes of the majority of ALPA pilots and nearly all of the regional pilots.
I challenge all ALPA MEC’s to construct a resolution to succeed from ALPA and either create a new REGIONAL pilot union or join a union more in tuned with the regional airline pilots needs. You owe it to yourself and to your airlines pilot group to give your money to an organization that may actually care about you.

Get a life. You've got no pull; never will.

Hell, I know 55 year old pilots who have no business in the cockpit. Pair a 64 year old cranky SOB, on his fourth FA wife, with a 200 hr wonder.......wow, that will be lots of fun.

SimHo the fact remains that our MECs like ASAs are subsidized by Legacy ALPA unions. Our companies and our unions ride on the coat tails of mainlines and their ALPAs.

Succeeding will never happen, plus age 65 is done. If you felt so passionately about this you should have been raising hell a long time ago. There are more major airline pilots than regional. Who are you to think you're better than a 60 year old major airline pilot. How old are you? How long have you been flying? They deserve a full career. Yeah regional life sucks, but they've been through hell.

I love how regional pilots age discriminate against the youngest and oldest of professional pilots.

My father, a man who raised four children and contributes to society lost his retirement. He needs the 5 more years to make up a portion of what he lost.

They were here first, they get to be here 5 years longer if they want and so do we. This extension does not quail the demand for pilots as much as you think it will.

You'll still get a job and be successful... Stop being selfish SimHo.

Last edited:
No, you will not succeed from ALPA, but they will succeed if all the regionals secede. Come on, at least try to use the right words. Sorry, couldn't help it on this one.

How old are you? How long have you been flying? They deserve a full career. Yeah regional life sucks, but they've been through hell.

How old he is is not relevant at all. And they HAD a full career. They knew the rules when they got into this business. They moved up the seniority ladder when those above them left at 60. Now they got there and decided that they didn't like the rules anymore, and they whined enough to get someone to change them. I'm no longer at a regional, and I didn't support changing the rules either. And a lot of people go through hell without whining to the government that their life just isn't fair.

No, you will not succeed from ALPA, but they will succeed if all the regionals secede. Come on, at least try to use the right words. Sorry, couldn't help it on this one.
You are 100% correct. My apologies. Microsoft Word does not always correct errors.

How old he is is not relevant at all. And they HAD a full career. They knew the rules when they got into this business. They moved up the seniority ladder when those above them left at 60. Now they got there and decided that they didn't like the rules anymore, and they whined enough to get someone to change them. I'm no longer at a regional, and I didn't support changing the rules either. And a lot of people go through hell without whining to the government that their life just isn't fair.

You speak of rules in this industry? What rules? The first rule in the Airline industry is that nothing is certain. Including the age of retirement. They are the senior pilots in this industry, they should be respected for their accomplishments and experience as Bush obviously recognized.

As I said before, there will be plenty of demand for regional pilots at Legacy carriers. Many pilots will not work past the age of 60 anyway.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back