• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The last straw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your facts are ALL wrong. 58% voted not to change. Our worthless MECs(except XJT and NWA) sold us out based on their own best interest, then Prater looked after his own.

Look a few posts up, I recanted my statement and included a link to the poll.

SimHo the fact remains that our MECs like ASAs are subsidized by Legacy ALPA unions. Our companies and our unions ride on the coat tails of mainlines and their ALPAs.

Succeeding will never happen, plus age 65 is done. If you felt so passionately about this you should have been raising hell a long time ago. There are more major airline pilots than regional. Who are you to think you're better than a 60 year old major airline pilot. How old are you? How long have you been flying? They deserve a full career. Yeah regional life sucks, but they've been through hell.

I love how regional pilots age discriminate against the youngest and oldest of professional pilots.

My father, a man who raised four children and contributes to society lost his retirement. He needs the 5 more years to make up a portion of what he lost.

They were here first, they get to be here 5 years longer if they want and so do we. This extension does not quail the demand for pilots as much as you think it will.

You'll still get a job and be successful... Stop being selfish SimHo.

Selfish?
Your dad gets 5 more years at 160k and we get 5 more years at 30!

Age sixty-five helps only those who are captains today, and hurts those that are already living in poverty.

So you mean to tell us that ALPA is running their own agenda without the input of their dues-payers? And we all wonder why SkyWest and Colgan voted down ALPA.

Selfish?
Your dad gets 5 more years at 160k and we get 5 more years at 30!

Age sixty-five helps only those who are captains today, and hurts those that are already living in poverty.

If you hadn't whored yourself out for $30k to fly RJ's, then his dad would have been making $250K and retired two years ago and been playing in Cancun. What goes around comes around. I spent time at a regional, and am not so arrogant to know that these guys got fooked in Bankruptcy and if it takes 5 more years for me to get off reserve/upgrade, then I should have seen it coming.

don't blame the retiring captains, blame yourselves for being so goddamn shortsighted to not see this coming. if you wanted to make more than $30k, then you should have gone somewhere that pays a hell of alot more.

we're all whores. it's just that some think they aren't.

Mookie

If you hadn't whored yourself out for $30k to fly RJ's, then his dad would have been making $250K and retired two years ago and been playing in Cancun. What goes around comes around. I spent time at a regional, and am not so arrogant to know that these guys got fooked in Bankruptcy and if it takes 5 more years for me to get off reserve/upgrade, then I should have seen it coming.

don't blame the retiring captains, blame yourselves for being so goddamn shortsighted to not see this coming. if you wanted to make more than $30k, then you should have gone somewhere that pays a hell of alot more.

we're all whores. it's just that some think they aren't.

Mookie

If i can say go #*#$# YOURSELF.
I didn't make the pay rates. I just have to live with the wrongfull doings of previous MEC's and selfish &^*&& like yourself.
It wasn't like when i interviewed i was asked what i expect for a pay check. I get what i am given. You know that and it irritates me to death that idiots like you use your republican attitude to point the blame on the people that had nothing to do with it. Expecially when you know damm well that you start at the bottom or you don't start at all. But now we all have anouther 5 years longer at a crappy pay rate. And that my friend is just another way the senior pilots in this country screwed the young. Should have seen it coming? Sorry my crystal ball was in maint. Dork!

It gives you 5 more years of employment.

...at a lower pay rate. But don't worry, you "get" another 5 years to make that up. Just think, you can work until you're s-i-x-t-y f-i-v-e :puke:

If i can say go #*#$# YOURSELF.
I didn't make the pay rates. I just have to live with the wrongfull doings of previous MEC's and selfish &^*&& like yourself.
It wasn't like when i interviewed i was asked what i expect for a pay check. I get what i am given. You know that and it irritates me to death that idiots like you use your republican attitude to point the blame on the people that had nothing to do with it. Expecially when you know damm well that you start at the bottom or you don't start at all. But now we all have anouther 5 years longer at a crappy pay rate. And that my friend is just another way the senior pilots in this country screwed the young. Should have seen it coming? Sorry my crystal ball was in maint. Dork!

If not bitching about others screwing me, and then expecting a handout makes me a republican...then so be it. no one is entitled to anything, and if you are so freakin' smart, then you would realize that any group is going to take care of the top end earners, who pay more dues, than those earning less with the potential to earn more. Those captains at majors who have been there for 25 years have EARNED the right to have their cake and eat it too. sorry, i didn't get into this business with blinders on, and don't blame me if you did.

go out there and earn some respect, and don't give me that crap that paying dues somehow entitles you to it...volunteer your time, join a committee, stop bitching...anything but whining about this issue.

(notice i didn't call you a left wing bunny hugging *************************, did you??)

Mookie

Last edited:
Do any of you honestly think this bill would not have passed if ALPA opposed it?? How about a reality check. It was going to happen whether ALPA supported it or not. And for the record, the ALPA Executive Committee did not vote to support a change of the law, they voted to have an input if it was going to be changed anyway (which it was).

The majority of regional airlines have upgrade times of less than 2 years right now, and even if it doubles (it won't) it will still be less than how long it took those 60 year old pilots to sit in the left seat when they were hired.

In 2 years this topic will be a non-issue, once people see it does not have the impact they thought it would.

Do any of you honestly think this bill would not have passed if ALPA opposed it??
The bill never would have even made it to the floor of the House for a vote if ALPA had stood by the membership and opposed the change. The Congressman that introduced the legislation was ALPA's biggest buddy on the Hill, and he was Chairman of the Committee that had the power to hold this up for quite a while. Instead, Prater screwed everyone over and forced his own agenda.

Latest resources

Back