• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The last straw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Age sixty-five helps only those who are captains today, and hurts those that are already living in poverty.

You are only living in poverty because you chose to accept a job that paid less than minimum wage. You applied for the position and knew the pay scale prior to showing up on day one. You got a b!tch, stand in front of a mirror and complain away.

How old he is is not relevant at all. And they HAD a full career. They knew the rules when they got into this business. They moved up the seniority ladder when those above them left at 60. Now they got there and decided that they didn't like the rules anymore, and they whined enough to get someone to change them. I'm no longer at a regional, and I didn't support changing the rules either. And a lot of people go through hell without whining to the government that their life just isn't fair.
DING,DING,DING, we have a winner! RULES CHANGE, guess what individual pilots and employees in general have little to no say in legislation. This was passed because a few pilots banded together got active and since the industry was already having problems staffing the flying they already had, it passed. You bitch and moan on FI and instead of participating in the only vehicle available to, your union! This should galvanize you into believing that change is possible, and empower you to effect that change that may be necessary, but you won't. I am gonna stay till 65, go to my ALPA meetings and vote to take money and work rules from JR pilots, since they will be too busy pi$$ing and moaning on FI. WHOOHOO more for me and less for you.
PBR

You are only living in poverty because you chose to accept a job that paid less than minimum wage. You applied for the position and knew the pay scale prior to showing up on day one. You got a b!tch, stand in front of a mirror and complain away.

Take note all:

the guy bitching has 4400hrs and guy who has the best perspective has 11,000hrs. Who EARNED it???

(and i don't give a rats ass what the 4400hr guy did before airline flying. apples to oranges. all of us had something we did before, but unless it translates directly to seniority at an airline, it's not germain to the topic at hand.)

Mookie

Take note all:

the guy bitching has 4400hrs and guy who has the best perspective has 11,000hrs. Who EARNED it???
The most "perspective?" Did you have to stifle a laugh as you wrote that? No, he doesn't have any more perspective, just a lot to gain by changing the rule. The senior guys raped the junior guys. As Prater might say, "Takin' it back......from the junior pilots!"

O.K.....But....But...............thats the last straw......

I could burn down the building..........

The bill never would have even made it to the floor of the House for a vote if ALPA had stood by the membership and opposed the change. The Congressman that introduced the legislation was ALPA's biggest buddy on the Hill, and he was Chairman of the Committee that had the power to hold this up for quite a while.

WRONG. It was only a matter of time, and there is nothing ALPA or any other lobby group could have done about it in the end.

Instead, Prater screwed everyone over and forced his own agenda.

John Prater did not force the MEC Chairmen to vote the way they did. Only two MEC Chairmen voted no. Mine Did. Did yours? Maybe that is the person you ought to blame.

WRONG. It was only a matter of time, and there is nothing ALPA or any other lobby group could have done about it in the end.
Your opinion is not supported by the facts. If you understood ALPA's relationship with certain members of Congress, then you would realize that this could have been delayed for quite some time if ALPA was so inclined. If Duane were still in office, then the age would still be 60 today.
John Prater did not force the MEC Chairmen to vote the way they did. Only two MEC Chairmen voted no. Mine Did.
Your information is inaccurate. Only two MEC Chairmen voted all of their votes NO, but several of them also split their votes, voting some NO and some YES. Prater used a BRP that he appointed with biased members to provide slanted information to the EC and EB to get them to vote the way he wanted. He also used his hand-picked BRP members to craft a biased poll question that he could use to twist their members' own words to support his little obsession to change this rule.
Did yours? Maybe that is the person you ought to blame.
I do partially blame him, and as a member of the PCL MEC, I brought a resolution telling him to vote NO. It's a long story about how that all played out, but suffice it to say that he lied to the MEC members about his own feelings on the issue, claiming that he was undecided about how he was going to vote, and then later admitting that he was a major supporter of the change from the beginning. He only admitted this after already having submitted his resignation. I'm no longer at PCL, but thankfully the membership now has a much better MEC Chairman that can actually be trusted.

selfish A$$HOLE IS WHAT simho is, let me tell you, you fit right in with the rest of the idiots who are only pissed that this bill went through because your seniority will not be moving faster up the list. The only complaints that I hear are that there will not be as much movement because of this. Guess what, sometimes you have to do the right thing now and wait for the benefits later. Guess what, now you will have medical when you are 60-65. You will also not have to wonder how you will make it through retirement on what you have now. Guess what, give it up and move on. I know there are pleanty of guys who will still hang it up when they feel they are financially able to do it. Look at the senior NWA pilots, they kept most of their retirement, so why would they stay?

Guess what, now you will have medical when you are 60-65.
Guess what? I already had medical from 60-65 because it was in my contract! Maybe you should spend your time trying to make those sorts of improvements rather than trying to change the rules.

I guess i was mislead thinking that the previous generation would have had the integrity to uphold reasonable working conditions and contracts. I was wrong to think that you would have had the backbone to stand up for someone other than yourself and demand we get paid fairly. I guess it is up to todays generation to make sure that future pilots have a career they can be proud of.

Latest resources

Back