• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Jetfuel Conspiracy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get a Honda Civic GX. If you have natural gas in your home you can fill it up from your garage. There are 0 polutants..... think we cook with the stuff, oil changes are only once every 10000 miles (and it looks brand new because there is no carbon) and it will cost you like 90 cents a gallon. If you live in Utah, there are pump stations everywhere and it is 69 cents a gallon. If you live in California there is a station every few miles as well as New York. I have driven across the US with mine it just takes a little planning of fuel stops. The Natural Gas fuel network is allready developed and its dirt cheap, why do you think you never here about it????? George, Cheney and his cronies don't want you to....they would rather you invest in Ethanol to further screw over the rest of the world's food supply, burn even more oil and give them bigger profits!!!

There is a 4000 dollar tax credit for one of these and you can pick up the used 1999-2006s for a decent deal if you look around. The US has so much natural gas that most farmers cap their wells....there is no money in it.

There are two links below.http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/
http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-gx/

Get a Honda Civic GX. If you have natural gas in your home you can fill it up from your garage. There are 0 polutants..... think we cook with the stuff, oil changes are only once every 10000 miles (and it looks brand new because there is no carbon) and it will cost you like 90 cents a gallon. If you live in Utah, there are pump stations everywhere and it is 69 cents a gallon. If you live in California there is a station every few miles as well as New York. I have driven across the US with mine it just takes a little planning of fuel stops. The Natural Gas fuel network is allready developed and its dirt cheap, why do you think you never here about it????? George, Cheney and his cronies don't want you to....they would rather you invest in Ethanol to further screw over the rest of the world's food supply, burn even more oil and give them bigger profits!!!

There is a 4000 dollar tax credit for one of these and you can pick up the used 1999-2006s for a decent deal if you look around. The US has so much natural gas that most farmers cap their wells....there is no money in it.

There are two links below.http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/
http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-gx/

Methane is CH4. Not much carbon but there is carbon. The fact that it is a gas not liquid like gasoline prevents contamination of the oil.

Exactly right...

There are plenty of alternatives, but we need less regulation from the folks inside the beltway and more tax incintives for INDUSTRY instead of demonization for people making a profit on providing energy. BOTH sides of the aisle are taking in their share from bigOIL. How about ousting bigGOVERNMENT who make it illegal not to pay them?

mini rant over (but still stewing)

FlyFast, you gonna tell me I don't need all that land I'm on too? You are free to not drive what ever it is you don't want to. Funny, I'll bet you've wasted more gas in your career getting people where they really don't need to go, but I bet you don't miss a bit of sleep or have a second thought about collecting a pay check.

You probably don't NEED it. The American population has merged the definition of the words want and need, and no longer understands the difference. And actually, I feel quite guilty about the gas I burn, and I am working on something else. It's not nearly as easy to switch careers as it is to switch cars.

You probably don't NEED it. The American population has merged the definition of the words want and need, and no longer understands the difference. And actually, I feel quite guilty about the gas I burn, and I am working on something else. It's not nearly as easy to switch careers as it is to switch cars.

So you're going to change careers because you are guilty about the gas you burn! Where's the little smiley face that barfs???

So you're going to change careers because you are guilty about the gas you burn! Where's the little smiley face that barfs???

No, retard, I'm doing it because I don't think this career has a lot of life left in it. I DO think the airline industry is extraordinarily wasteful though. And all these people do not NEED to fly.

Actually, airplanes are relatively fuel efficient and getting more so. The problem isn't aviation.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Breakdown of Transport Petroleum (2003)[/SIZE][/FONT]

As can be seen, jetfuel accounts for 12 percent of oil usage, other transportation fuel is 63 percent.

The next gen jet engines coming out will even more efficient, the geared turbofan has big potential. However, we continue to use cars with deplorable fuel efficiency. Now, I am no greenie, if people wants to drive Hummers and Escalade, then by all means, however, make the engines more efficient. 300 HP shouldn't neccesarily mean horrendous fuel efficiency.

transbreakdown.gif

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back