Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Greatest Windfall in the HISTORY OF AVIATION!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, stupid question... how does this effect someone getting hired at RAH now?

Why for God's sake?

Run, don't come here.

Seriously consider if there is ANYthing you could do for a living other than this and be happy. I mean seriously consider.

Make money, be happy, buy a small plane (or make lots of money and buy a large plane )and fly it on your days off if you really want to fly.

Sorry, it just isn't worth it anymore.

Ok, stupid question... how does this effect someone getting hired at RAH now?

It doesn't hardly. They'd get hired as the junior RJ FO, #30XX, and in the absolute worst case they have a couple hundred furloughed Lynx + Midwest guys start class subsequently with marginally higher seniority. End result, they're a junior RJ FO. This scenario is wildly unlikely of course, because the Midwest guys have already had the opportunity to get in RJ classes and for the most part haven't. Lynx guys are scattered to the wind, pissed to boot, and many of them won't come back to exercise their number either. A hypothetical RAH newhire may feel a few dozen numbers worth of backslide down the road. A tiny blip.

Oh, but our newhire does get to join this merry band of bitter factions, be used like a 3 dollar whore by Indy, and fly pointy jets.

Two things,

1) What is Lynx?

2) Frontier guys sound like they have "Big airplane" envy like US Airways East pilots do! Except for F9, big airplanes are A-319's and Airways East Pilots have A-330's. Just an observation..No dog in this fight, got my own dog to worry about.

Then why stir up the pot? Keep worrying about your own dog!

2) Frontier guys sound like they have "Big airplane" envy like US Airways East pilots do! Except for F9, big airplanes are A-319's and Airways East Pilots have A-330's. Just an observation..No dog in this fight, got my own dog to worry about.

The F9 "Big airplane envy" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Are you curious why Frontier pilots are being protective of what they earned, which was a progression to the Airbus A-320 series with a contract that was closer to what the USAir A-330 guys had than their narrow body guys and worlds better than the next best group of pilots in this SLI fiasco. Is that the dog you're trying to piss off?

the Midwest guys have already had the opportunity to get in RJ classes .
I love how you phrase that as an "opportunity". And the 250+ furloughed Midwest guys have a seniority number per the SLI. Anyone hired from now on had better have a number behind them.

The F9 "Big airplane envy" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Are you curious why Frontier pilots are being protective of what they earned, which was a progression to the Airbus A-320 series with a contract that was closer to what the USAir A-330 guys had than their narrow body guys and worlds better than the next best group of pilots in this SLI fiasco. Is that the dog you're trying to piss off?

F9 was bankrupt, just like USAir (East)...right?

Been there done that!

They should be sipping champagne. I've been at the RAH for over 3 years and I have someone that was hired 2 years after me at Lynx ahead of me. So much for upgrade.

I think the list should have been straight DOH for EVERYONE. Actually, I think DOH should be the standard for airline integrations. Unfortunately my opinion does not matter and early 1990's hires at Midwest were merged in with 2007 hires at Chautauqua.

I think it's funny how there are Republic guys that are pissed that the Lynx pilots were merged in as pilots. I don't get it. Lynx was closer in pay and work rules to Republic than Republic is to Frontier and the former Midwest. I think the Lynx captains should have been in Tier 1 with the other active captains.

Latest resources

Back