Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Greatest Windfall in the HISTORY OF AVIATION!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A year? Where do you get that from? And just out of curiosity, what exactly did F9 lose? You have a 7 year fence preventing any of the "lesser skilled" pilots from the seat grab you all liked to carry on about. What does the seniority integration really affect? 7 years and the whole RAH banner won't exist - the way I see it, the only thing that your seniority list is good for is the perverbial whose **** is bigger contest.

Again, I don't understand where any of you are coming from. Except Lynx, they're the one's that can walk away laughing.

It's my understanding that a minimum of 1 year must pass...based on the "contents of filing a motion." The 7 year fence is not as good as it sounds...plenty could alter the integrity of it's intent. i agree with you, 7 years from now the RAH banner might not even exist.

I hope there is no DELAY DELAY DELAY.. Because you are going to see Wayne's true colors! Sell all the Airbus' and replace them with the E190 at garbage rates. (Until a new contract comes out)

No offense, but it SUCKS working for a regional...again! I thought I left that nightmare back in Northern KY. Oh well, if it gets bad enough I can always leave...which I will.

They should be sipping champagne. I've been at the RAH for over 3 years and I have someone that was hired 2 years after me at Lynx ahead of me. So much for upgrade.

Why is that some people look at how a very small part of one group fared and assume that everyone "made out like bandits"

The junior Lynx FO's did in fact fare very well, I know there is a lot of animosity that some guys essentially gained a year in terms of seniority.

However, contrary to popular belief turboprops also require 2 pilots. Crazy I know. We had 65 captains when this started. Everyone knows startups are a risk but most of those captains were on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th airline. Not newbies to the industry. Now our most senior captain is over 300 numbers from a captain slot. A middle seniority captain is 500+ numbers from the left seat.

Not exactly cause for sipping champagne. Going from being a top third captain at a regional to being ratioed in with junior FO's at another regional is not exactly most folks idea of a "windfall"

cale

The junior Lynx FO's did in fact fare very well, I know there is a lot of animosity that some guys essentially gained a year in terms of seniority.

cale

If you look at the list there are tons of pilots that gained a year or two of seniority, it's not at all specific to any given tier (tear?) or group of pilots. Well except for Midwest and Frontier, I don't "think" any of them ended up more senior to a pilot with less seniority.

OK, the exception being 9 Frontier pilots who ended up senior to some long-term CHQ (I assume) pilots.

So, based on current seniority numbers, I realize that a number of YX guys would still be furloughed. If the list were active today, would there be other pilot groups pilots furloughed, or just YX guys.

cliff
AMS
PS-My CEO and I used to have MidEx FF numbers, and my wife LOVED flying on them!
RIP...

There is still about 60-80 Lynx pilots furloughed right now. Not sure of the exact number...could be a few more or less.

Two things,

1) What is Lynx?

2) Frontier guys sound like they have "Big airplane" envy like US Airways East pilots do! Except for F9, big airplanes are A-319's and Airways East Pilots have A-330's. Just an observation..No dog in this fight, got my own dog to worry about.

Lynx was the 100% wholly owned feeder that Frontier owned. They flew Q400s.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back