• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The future RJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know all about the RJDC, and it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL plan..... The plan was to let the pilots rip apart ALPA from within, and to let the pilots fight it out amongst themselves over some fabled "seniority grab," which was never anything more than a rumor-perpetrated by mgmt.

Sorry, I was going to let your posts go by the way of ignorant drivel, but I just had to point out how incredibly stupid that post was.

Carry on.

You totally missed the whole point of what I was saying...You said you would sacrifice for the greater good...If that greater good could only be done with DOH, would you support it...?

Depends. And I mean that. I am more worried about fixing the mess than a few seniority numbers, but I am one voice of our group.

I prefer what I proposed, and I am more than happy to protect your seat, as in year four here I am making about 106 an hr. I would not go to your seat even if it paid slightly more an hr. I like the QOL I have. Your seat becomes an option to me only when others are not available.
If you want to stay on the CRJ70/90 for the rest of your career I am totally fine protecting your right, but what happens when that sucker is parked in 10 years?
I know you have the retirement schedule and can see that after the next three years, we start a constant march out the door. Guys senior to you bidding your seat just would not be a worry. I understand the concern, but by the time we got this whole deal together, it would be a non issue, and even you have to agree with that!
I don't want DOH....I simply want protection from getting bumped out of what I have....I'm perfectly happy where I am....

Read above
I only advocate DOH when I hear "staple" from your side....Neither is reasonable in my opinion...I'm not about to go sit MD80 reserve in JFK....just as I don't expect to be MD80 Capt. in ATL.....

I would be more than willing to protect your seat for three to five years, but what if DAL decided to move your flying to NYC? You cannot protect a base.
What you wrote above is a fear. NYC is not that bad, but I get what you are saying. You just want to stay in ATL.

Your math is a little fuzzy...I think you mean 65% would gladly take that pure staple...You are probably right, but you won't get a deal without the 35%.....We're kinda like the US Senate...This 35% can fillabuster...I know at least 3 of the 4 new MEC members wouldn't accept a deal that allows the senior ASA pilots to be bumped out of their position....
Sorry, you are right, math sucked, and I was chasing a two year old around the house.
My point was just because you would not want it, does not mean that it would not happen. Look at the vote in the senate today, I know you and I do not want that.

Again, DOH is only a starting position of mine if you insist on a pure staple....If you want to be reasonable, then we can be reasonable....

Of interest, the Medex MEC just asked for DOH with RAH for furlough recall...That seniority list with RAH/Frontier/Medex is going to reshuffle the deck for any future arbitrations....Times are a changing.....

Read above.

It may, but it may not. I know that with the power brokers on this side, what they want or propose would be of little concern.

Fact is that there have been some half baked attempts at unity and I do not support flows as replacement for all of the flying being on one list. That is what a flow is designed to do . If it was a step one to a combined list fine, but they cannot stand alone. Add to it, it would make DCI cheap again, and IMHO that is not good for anyone.

Right now I see the goal as maintain, get the 100 seater on our property, go after the 100-69 seat market a few airframes at a time. Certain things may speed that up like the rest rules or a little law requiring companies to perform their own flying.

Great a bigger RJ that will hold more overweight, older and ____ f/a's.
Nothing like spending 200 days a year on the road with people you would never otherwise spend time with. This industry sucks.

Spending time with people you wouldn't otherwise spend time with sort of goes with the territory, regardless of the feast or famine periods. If it sucks so much, why don't you get out? No one his holding a gun to your head.

!

I wanted a single list back in 2000 when we all had leverage and 2 of the 3 groups were in section 6 negotiations. I am not "crying" about the many mistakes that were made in the past...I am moving forward with what is best for me....which may not necessarily be best for you....
We know joe, you sued to get what you couldn't get through the interview porcess. It failed, you're stuck at ASA! Now deal with it.

I advocated "one list" 10 years ago....Now, not only do I believe it is a pipe dream that is no longer possible, I don't necessarily support it with the conditions you would impose on it.
No Joe, what you advocated was a seniority snag. Go out and interview like the rest of the newhires at Delta. I realize getting turned down has made you into the miserable little dickhead that you are, but maybe LJ can offer you some man love to help out!

There never has been, nor will there ever be "true unity"....It's like "world peace"....The only unity that exists in this "association" is when interests are aligned.
You can thank girls like yourself, Jessie, Dan and the rest of the rjdc scum for that!

I'm not interested in becoming your furlough protection, or your protection against getting displaced to NYC....Without working out those details, you can stay on your side, and I will stay on my side and we will see where the chips fall....
Furlough protection? How many are on furlough at Delta?
How many at ASA?
More of the rjdc type of stats! No wonder you failed the interviews at several airlines.

Back in 2000, I said the longer this drags out, the harder it will be to put the horses back in the barn....We aren't owned by Delta anymore, and now we do United flying....Skywest INC. and Republic Holdings are changing the game.....We will see where that takes us...
Is this when you were patting Jessee and Dan on the butt and high fiving each other that'd you'd all be 767 captains, or was that just a warm up for your "under Dan's desk" antics?

You may not "give two hoots", but many of your fellow colleagues think certain flying is "beneath them"...That is how this whole mess started....I too don't care as long as I get the schedule I want....I have that now...I'll go back to the Bandit if that's what it takes to keep my schedule...
And yet you sued to get someone elses schedule and job? Go figure.

I think that arbitary limit will remain about where it is now. I think you will see more RAH type action, and more Air Tran "code sharing" type agreements that will lead to the surviving "regionals" getting larger airplanes.
Then you could start up another lawsuit!
Run Joey, I hear someone making a souuueee call for LJ. You wouldn't want anyone stealing that heffer from you!:laugh:

Your position is about YOU and not necessarily ALL of the ASA or CMR pilots....Everyone looks at all of these issues through the glasses of how it will affect them....YOU INCLUDED!

I would say about 35% of ASA pilots consider themselves "lifers" or possible "lifers".....You will need to appease that very influencial constituency if you want a mutual agreement...especially with the results of the recent elections.....

We have created a "what's in it for me" industry...That is a fact that you have to deal with.....

Spot on Joe, people moving on to mainline I wish you the best, However, don't ask me to fall on my sword just to secure your future career. I don't want anything from you and you can expect nothing in return. I hope mainline is everything you hoped it to be. Good Luck.

Spot on Joe, people moving on to mainline I wish you the best, However, don't ask me to fall on my sword just to secure your future career. I don't want anything from you and you can expect nothing in return. I hope mainline is everything you hoped it to be. Good Luck.

Exactly. If Joe's 35% number is correct, it means that 55-60% are dreaming. The remaining 5-10% will still fulfill their SJS dreams, but not at my expense if I have anything to do about it.

The majors are shrinking, the regionals are expanding. There will be more competition for fewer jobs at the legacy airlines since all the growth jobs are at the regionals and low cost carriers like Allegiant. It's just another consequence of deregulation.

I know why you want them there I Fly. I hope you do not get your way. If you do, congrats enjoy it. It is not a feeder jet. It is a 3-2 config like the 9/88/90 It passes the sniff test as a mainline jet.

Who says I want to fly it at ASA?:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back