• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The future RJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Put the RJ Genie back in the bottle Mr. Delta Pilot. Get us all on one list or the race to the bottom will continue. I wonder if you have realized that!

Until then, I don't think anyone really gives two ********************s about what you have to say, or your frequent visits to take a ******************** in the regional section.

We gave your regional section locker to someone hired by GauxJets.

Do you listen to yourself? Get us all on one list!!!!!!!!!! Until then no gives two shats about what you have to say.....
You are on our regional boards......

Your a joke.

It was this arbitrary "2 classes" mistake that got us to this point....An airplane is an airplane...Only EGO's divide airplanes into these "2 classes"...

Here are two Delta mainline airplanes from the past...Which class do they belong to Monster Buck?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delt...0193180/&sid=672ff939bf5fe15446096031c65b3e35

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delt...0149727/&sid=06c004a7c0e4144d84c3805e0dec365f

Your right, there is no arguing with that idealistic view.

Your right, there is no arguing with that idealistic view.

So my view is "idealistic"? Why do you consider there to be different "classes" of airliners? Have those "classes" changed? If so....Why?

Which "class" did the two Delta planes shown in those pictures belong?

So my view is "idealistic"? Why do you consider there to be different "classes" of airliners? Have those "classes" changed? If so....Why?

Which "class" did the two Delta planes shown in those pictures belong?

Joe, I do not care what airplane it is. It should be on the mainline list. That is an idealistic point of view and I know that. So were do I go. Do I got cry in the corner because a great many DAL pilots do not see it that way? No, What I do is find a way to make progress on this problem. The cat is out of the bag, and there are certain seat classes that will never be back at mainline in my life time. Knowing this fact starts the formation of a game plan.

I have no issue with One list, or what ever term dejour you want to use. What I do have an issue with is ignoring the historical precident of guys like you and I getting our start at a regional and then moving to the major. There are different income and career potentials with both lists. We can debate semantics all day about this, but the simple fact is that there is a defined flow to this. It would hold up in court.

For there to be anything that resembles true unity there would need to be a "prenup" that every DCI would merge their seniority lists by some way you all agree to, then get stapled to our list. You want protections, from guys like me that left. I get that, but you cannot have the flow one way and not the other. Those are details that can and would be worked out after the first few points I have made have been worked out.

The MEC guys here point out that the companies control the seniority list and not the union. This is true, so it will take a lot of work. As I pointed out working for multiple carriers does not help the cause. DAL pilots could not fly UAUA code. (make sense)

As for the jets, as far as I am concerned a turbo prop, jet or a piston jet that flies DAL passengers should be flown by DAL pilots. I would gladly fly a ATR in a DAL uniform with a DAL number. I could give two hoots about the size of the jet. Guess what? Most guys here are seeing it that way too. Even better when the ones that do not quite get it will sign on since they are to senior to worry about it.

In reality, I am sure we will have to cut across some weight barrier or seat barrier to note lift that will forever be outsource. It is way to premature to argue that since most people are still worried about the if.

Plastic is not composite material... composite material is stronger and more durable than metal, also less weight and less susceptible to fatigue cracking and corrosion. Well, at least thats what they taught me when I got my Masters in Aerospace Engineering. Aerospace grade CARBON composites is not the plastic you find on your chainsaw. If it was, your weed eaters would cost 5,000 bucks.

Yeah, well, while earning my MEDICAL DEGREE from the medical college of Grenada, I learned that Age 70 retirement is a great idea!!

Good lord. An airplane is an airplane is an airplane. I've flown the big ass one's and the shiny fast one's. I'd fly a C-150 if I had enough days off and the pay was good.....

winner winner chicken dinner. further i don't care if its a piper cub, if it has wings i want it on my senority list.

Joe, I do not care what airplane it is. It should be on the mainline list. That is an idealistic point of view and I know that. So were do I go. Do I got cry in the corner because a great many DAL pilots do not see it that way? No, What I do is find a way to make progress on this problem. The cat is out of the bag, and there are certain seat classes that will never be back at mainline in my life time. Knowing this fact starts the formation of a game plan.

I wanted a single list back in 2000 when we all had leverage and 2 of the 3 groups were in section 6 negotiations. I am not "crying" about the many mistakes that were made in the past...I am moving forward with what is best for me....which may not necessarily be best for you....

ACL65PILOT said:
I have no issue with One list, or what ever term dejour you want to use. What I do have an issue with is ignoring the historical precident of guys like you and I getting our start at a regional and then moving to the major. There are different income and career potentials with both lists. We can debate semantics all day about this, but the simple fact is that there is a defined flow to this. It would hold up in court.

I advocated "one list" 10 years ago....Now, not only do I believe it is a pipe dream that is no longer possible, I don't necessarily support it with the conditions you would impose on it.

ACL65PILOT said:
For there to be anything that resembles true unity there would need to be a "prenup" that every DCI would merge their seniority lists by some way you all agree to, then get stapled to our list. You want protections, from guys like me that left. I get that, but you cannot have the flow one way and not the other. Those are details that can and would be worked out after the first few points I have made have been worked out.

There never has been, nor will there ever be "true unity"....It's like "world peace"....The only unity that exists in this "association" is when interests are aligned. I'm not interested in becoming your furlough protection, or your protection against getting displaced to NYC....Without working out those details, you can stay on your side, and I will stay on my side and we will see where the chips fall....

ACL65PILOT said:
The MEC guys here point out that the companies control the seniority list and not the union. This is true, so it will take a lot of work. As I pointed out working for multiple carriers does not help the cause. DAL pilots could not fly UAUA code. (make sense)

Back in 2000, I said the longer this drags out, the harder it will be to put the horses back in the barn....We aren't owned by Delta anymore, and now we do United flying....Skywest INC. and Republic Holdings are changing the game.....We will see where that takes us...

ACL65PILOT said:
As for the jets, as far as I am concerned a turbo prop, jet or a piston jet that flies DAL passengers should be flown by DAL pilots. I would gladly fly a ATR in a DAL uniform with a DAL number. I could give two hoots about the size of the jet. Guess what? Most guys here are seeing it that way too. Even better when the ones that do not quite get it will sign on since they are to senior to worry about it.

You may not "give two hoots", but many of your fellow colleagues think certain flying is "beneath them"...That is how this whole mess started....I too don't care as long as I get the schedule I want....I have that now...I'll go back to the Bandit if that's what it takes to keep my schedule...

ACL65PILOT said:
In reality, I am sure we will have to cut across some weight barrier or seat barrier to note lift that will forever be outsource. It is way to premature to argue that since most people are still worried about the if.

I think that arbitary limit will remain about where it is now. I think you will see more RAH type action, and more Air Tran "code sharing" type agreements that will lead to the surviving "regionals" getting larger airplanes.

Last edited:
I wanted a single list back in 2000 when we all had leverage and 2 of the 3 groups were in section 6 negotiations. I am not "crying" about the many mistakes that were made in the past...I am moving forward with what is best for me....which may not necessarily be best for you....

I advocated "one list" 10 years ago....Now, not only do I believe it is a pipe dream that is no longer possible, I don't necessarily support it with the conditions you would impose on it.

There never has been, nor will there ever be "true unity"....It's like "world peace"....The only unity that exists in this "association" is when interests are aligned. I'm not interested in becoming your furlough protection, or your protection against getting displaced to NYC....Without working out those details, you can stay on your side, and I will stay on my side and we will see where the chips fall....

Back in 2000, I said the longer this drags out, the harder it will be to put the horses back in the barn....We aren't owned by Delta anymore, and now we do United flying....Skywest INC. and Republic Holdings are changing the game.....We will see where that takes us...

You may not "give two hoots", but many of your fellow colleagues think certain flying is "beneath them"...That is how this whole mess started....I too don't care as long as I get the schedule I want....I have that now...I'll go back to the Bandit if that's what it takes to keep my schedule...

I think that arbitary limit will remain about where it is now. I think you will see more RAH type action, and more Air Tran "code sharing" type agreements that will lead to the surviving "regionals" getting larger airplanes.

-Joe-

-The RJDC is dead and gone-but it served its purpose well. The majors saw it as a seniority grab attempt, and the regional guys saw it as an opportunity to make a crappy temporary job into a somewhat respectable career. The true purpose of the RJDC was to split any bonds that regional pilots and mainline pilots had formed-and to have them at odds forever and henceforth. Both regional and mainline guys are still at each other's throats whenever the RJDC acronym crops up....

Face it-many people were had, and we are all still mad at one another over this organization, which I will always believe was the brainchild of someone high up in Delta mgmt. at the time. This person wanted to make sure the regionals and manline never became a huge, continuous bargaining group with common interests. The RJDC did an absolutely beautiful job of ensuring that this would never happen.

-Really-think back on the events of the time-does this scenario not make sense? Did it not look like the Delta mainline guys were starting to back up their regional counterparts a bit too much?

Joe,
That is why it is a good thing that you are not representing your pilots. It is about you and not the other pilots you work with!

Latest resources

Back