• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The future RJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree 100% that giving in on any scope is bad but with that said, comparing a crj -100 to this ac is too much of a stretch. We are mostly military at Delta and trust me even the fighter pilots won't put a crj-100 and this ac in the same light. These two ac are in two totally different classes.

Agree to disagree I guess.

CRJ200 begets CRJ700 begets CRJ900 with two classes...where does it end?
Even the most ardent 'anti-scopers' gave it up last round.

To me they are both jets that wear the mainlines colors and the differences are transparent to people not in the industry.

I don't care what the engineers, builders or test data says, composite material does NOT belong in a commercial airliner. Take the 1965-1985 era of manufacturing and engineering as example and compare the following years as plastics and composites began to replace the stout and durable craftsmanship who's longevity far outlasts its current replacements. Think of your lawn mowers, vehicles, power tools etc and compare the amount of composites and plastics that have replaced the manufacturing process. Plastic is for weekend warriors not the professional operator. It will take years of trouble free and reliable service to convince me that cheap lightweight composite material will outlast the durability of aluminum.

Plastic is not composite material... composite material is stronger and more durable than metal, also less weight and less susceptible to fatigue cracking and corrosion. Well, at least thats what they taught me when I got my Masters in Aerospace Engineering. Aerospace grade CARBON composites is not the plastic you find on your chainsaw. If it was, your weed eaters would cost 5,000 bucks.

I know why you want them there I Fly. I hope you do not get your way. If you do, congrats enjoy it. It is not a feeder jet. It is a 3-2 config like the 9/88/90 It passes the sniff test as a mainline jet.

Our MEC is full of power brokers, but they are management are self preservationist first. That goes anywhere but mainline and ALPA will be gone, and management will have to deal with the devil they do not know. It is easier for all of the parties involved to keep the line where it is. Even management know that.

I know why you want them there I Fly. I hope you do not get your way. If you do, congrats enjoy it. It is not a feeder jet. It is a 3-2 config like the 9/88/90 It passes the sniff test as a mainline jet.

Our MEC is full of power brokers, but they are management are self preservationist first. That goes anywhere but mainline and ALPA will be gone, and management will have to deal with the devil they do not know. It is easier for all of the parties involved to keep the line where it is. Even management know that.

Put the RJ Genie back in the bottle Mr. Delta Pilot. Get us all on one list or the race to the bottom will continue. I wonder if you have realized that!

Until then, I don't think anyone really gives two ********************s about what you have to say, or your frequent visits to take a ******************** in the regional section.

We gave your regional section locker to someone hired by GauxJets.

Put the RJ Genie back in the bottle Mr. Delta Pilot. Get us all on one list or the race to the bottom will continue. I wonder if you have realized that!

Until then, I don't think anyone really gives two ********************s about what you have to say, or your frequent visits to take a ******************** in the regional section.

We gave your regional section locker to someone hired by GauxJets.

Thank you for your valued input. That type of attitude makes people from both sides back in to their respective corners.

There are few guys that beleive what you state above, and I am one of them. However we get the flying to our list, is in the end good for all of us. Politics play a huge role here, just putting everyone on one list is great, and it would solve all of the issues, but with many regionals flying for multiple codes it is a lot more difficult that that.

Stopping the slide is step one.
Restoration is step two
This may include the WO carriers, but it takes more than just stating it should be done.

The easiest way to get you on a DAL or UAUA or AMR list is to get your company to quit flying for multiple brands. That works great for their bottom line, but does not work well for getting you on our list or their list.

Last edited:
That was a pretty cool airplane the first time it came out as an Embraer 170, I wonder if anyone else is working on a fake 170?

http://www.mrj-japan.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Superjet_100

Sweet ideas, amazing what people think of when it has already be thought of.

The Embraer program was originally called the BRJ-X by Bombardier, from which the engineers left for Embraer when it was canceled. As a result, you had an eerily similar airframe produced by Embraer.

Of course the BRJ-X also had it's origins elsewehere with the Dornier 728 (of which I believe Bombardier bought the design)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Dornier_728_family

It's a copycat industry. The 170 is anything but original, nor is anything Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Tupolev, Illusyin, Comac, Mitsubishi, Lockheed, Douglas...the list goes on and on. There's copycatting in everything.

Agree to disagree I guess.

CRJ200 begets CRJ700 begets CRJ900 with two classes...where does it end?
Even the most ardent 'anti-scopers' gave it up last round.

To me they are both jets that wear the mainlines colors and the differences are transparent to people not in the industry.

The whole idea that scope is dictated by manufacturer, or by where engines are mounted, or by where the nosewheel is entirely a pilot-defined perception. If it is in fact the truth, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

This thread has taken an unexpected turn.

Latest resources

Back