The FLOPS axe is falling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

matchthehatch

On the company-sponsored pilot's web page, the new policies are outlined. As expected, Tier 3 airports are gone. You either move to a Tier 1 or 2, or you're SOL. A crew meal policy is going to be instituted that will allow pilots to purchase crew meals for a "nominal" fee. Can't wait to make a passenger wait while I borrow the courtesy car to run to Subway.

Interestingly, the company is instituting a new "flex schedule" which is not specifically outlined. I'm willing to bet my left one that it amounts to fewer days on the road. I'll bet my right one that it pays not a dollar more than current salary. Not everyone will fly this schedule, at least initially.

Some other interesting policies, as well. Such as hotels, expenses, and a fuel-savings program.

Pilots, start your word processors!

matchthehatch said:
On the company-sponsored pilot's web page, the new policies are outlined. As expected, Tier 3 airports are gone. You either move to a Tier 1 or 2, or you're SOL. A crew meal policy is going to be instituted that will allow pilots to purchase crew meals for a "nominal" fee. Can't wait to make a passenger wait while I borrow the courtesy car to run to Subway.

Interestingly, the company is instituting a new "flex schedule" which is not specifically outlined. I'm willing to bet my left one that it amounts to fewer days on the road. I'll bet my right one that it pays not a dollar more than current salary. Not everyone will fly this schedule, at least initially.

Some other interesting policies, as well. Such as hotels, expenses, and a fuel-savings program.

Pilots, start your word processors!

Can you give examples of Tier 1 or Tier 2 airports that would be acceptable? Are we just talking bigger airports like LAX, DFW, ORD, EWR, etc.? What are examples of Tier 3 airports that would not work and what percentage of pilots would likely be impacted? It just seems to get worse and worse at FLOPS... Good luck!

matchthehatch said:
I'm willing to bet my left one that it amounts to fewer days on the road. I'll bet my right one that it pays not a dollar more than current salary.

So, do we call you "No Nads", "Nutless", "De Balled One". What?

15 tier 1 airports, farthest west of which is DEN. All new hires and transfers must be to tier 1. Flex schedule for all new hires.

This is all designed to purge as many pilots as possible.

WrknStff said:
15 tier 1 airports, farthest west of which is DEN. All new hires and transfers must be to tier 1. Flex schedule for all new hires.

This is all designed to purge as many pilots as possible.

I thought Dhart Vader was working for the 'Other Guys.' Sorry to hear the news, it's bad all over.

So the west coast is going away?

Interesting to note that LAS, PHX, LAX, SFO are tier 2 just like..... Bangor ????

Are there more bombs falling on our heads? The CEO letter said we would be hearing from Ops and HR. What's next? A nicely worded certified letter from HR with the pink slip?

Still got that matchbook cover with that truck drivin' school, Mav?

Last edited:
Yank McCobb said:
So, do we call you "No Nads", "Nutless", "De Balled One". What?

How about FIDEL CASTRATE; EMPTY SACK McCRACK,or NO BALLS FOR YOU!

All kidding aside, I tend to agree with the prediction.

flat spin

I came from a crappy regional at best and it was interesting to watch them screw themselves, but this is almost Horrific watching FLOPS bury themselves. I am one of the lucky few who is tier 3 and soon departing this mess. Not sure who is going to fly all the new aircraft and new owners MS keeps yacking about. WHat a goat rope! I just got the latest SOP revision on how we need to properly apply the Vaseline per FAR part 135 rules and regs. It states that we MUST apply the gel cold then, then wait for the "IMPACT". It also states I need to be fully rested and Blackberry on in case the need to Bang me at an earlier time than planned.

Sorry...very frickin irritated

Lots of love

Latest resources

Back