The FLOPS axe is falling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
Whatever happened to Chris Sk. . . (Hawker Fleet MGR)? He interviewed me back in 1999. I thought he was a stand-up guy.

Chris is indeed a stand-up guy. He had a great opportunity present itself and left the company several years ago. He's flying for a corporate operator in NE Ohio, and doing well.

Glad to hear it. Best of luck to all of you guys there. I haven't seen many jumpseaters lately, but you guys are always welcome on Citrus-type aircraft. . . .

learflyer said:
Hey, Ty, You think that Airtran will ever get rid of that "121" time requirement?

I am sure that eventually they will, especially if furloughees get recalled and take it. Right now, it looks like the upgrade can drift back down to 2 years, and they think that former 121 PIC's have an easier time with the quick CA upgrade.

Recently, though, a number of us upgraded, and with no previous 121 PIC time, perhaps having more CA with a 91/135 background will make it more obvious that iot's the pilot, not the 121 background, that makes the difference.

FLOPS wants everyone to live in Tier 1 cities and spent more money on air fares. If NY's can drive to PHL and save money maybe FLOPS should look at Tier 2 or 3 airport as a savings.

Frugal New Yorkers find cheaper fares in Philadelphia
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A growing number of Manhattan residents are driving to Philadelphia International Airport to take advantage of lower airfares, the New York Times reports. Discounter Southwest Airlines began serving Philadelphia last spring, and prices have fallen faster there than in any other large U.S. city. The New York Times (free registration)[/font]

Well not so fast Grim Reaper... they sent too many too quick. Most of the citation owners said no way to bbj and hawker. So now there are at least 7 c-3 still gonna be flying....all the c-5 are still flying (all 6, but they were never going to get rid of those) and several of the c-2 are gonna stay as well.....and they are short crews now as well......

The methods used to determine and communicate the recently announced changes to Flight Options pilot management policy are an example of BAD LEADERSHIP.

Deja Vu

longrangekiller said:
The methods used to determine and communicate the recently announced changes to Flight Options pilot management policy are an example of BAD LEADERSHIP.

This reminds me of why I left the company in the first place.

Latest resources

Back