Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tier 1

On Your Six said:
Can you give examples of Tier 1 or Tier 2 airports that would be acceptable?

Tier 1 Airports. All new hires are expected to select one of these domicles. No airports in the Pacific Time Zone.

KATL
KBNA
KBOS
KBWI
KCLE
KDEN
KDFW
KEWR
KIAH
KIND
KMCI
KMCO
KMIA
KORD
KSTL

minimums said:
Tier 1 Airports. All new hires are expected to select one of these domicles. No airports in the Pacific Time Zone.

KATL
KBNA
KBOS
KBWI
KCLE
KDEN
KDFW
KEWR
KIAH
KIND
KMCI
KMCO
KMIA
KORD
KSTL

Yeah, I can see KBNA and KIND being more of a "major hub" than KLAX, KSFO, KLAS, KMSP and KDTW. :rolleyes:

Frac Daddy said:
Yeah, I can see KBNA and KIND being more of a "major hub" than KLAX, KSFO, KLAS, KMSP and KDTW. :rolleyes:

You can get almost anywhere in the country relatively cheaply from PHX on SWA or AWA too... This is some crazy $hit...

I have been employed here less than 1 year and even I am starting to get worried about this direction we are headed in. The 2 reasons I chose this company were the domicile program, and the schedule. The crew meals turned out to be icing on the cake, and yes I do consider the perdiem to be part of the salary, if I didn't I couldn't consciousensly allow myself to work here. If they take away tier 2 or ask me to work even 1 day more a month than I am walking. When I started at Options, I didn't understand why there were 2 different camps on the overtime issue but now I do.

I believe Options will lose alot of pilots over the newcoming announcements. I wonder if they realize that it won't just be the higher paid senior pilots either, there will be plenty of juniors leaving as well. It will be easy for a guy like me to jump ship because I have less invested in this company versus a 4 or 5 yr F.O. who might be close to upgrade, then again, there is not really much motivation to do that either with the "slide to parity" smoke and mirrors rule...

Ouch

Maybe, just maybe... the company is calling the bluff of those people who
have threatened to leave but haven't. Think about it. How many people
threaten to leave time and again but never do?

Divide the Force

Management attempt to divide the pilot group from the "haves and losing" and the new hire "have nots"

New Hires!! Only 9 and that was last August. Of Course, I know you mean in the future. Question is just how far in the future? That can also be taken to mean if there is a future for Flight Options.

I suspect that the company wants to reduce the number of pilots to that required to crew 140 acft or so. Current pilot force number is very close to only 900 and dropping. There are guys who realize a 12 number jump in seniority with each update of the seniority list.

There are a bunch of Beechjet IOE's under way. The C-2 and C-5 acft are gone for the most part and the C-3 is not far behind. Seeing more and more guys from the 800A flying the XP. Things are changing rapidly.

Union Vote. Not real soon. At least not soon enough to stop current management initiatives set for completion by 1 July. Does not bode well for the first MEC. By the way, with so many pilots leaving and without a confirmed seniority list with address, how will a union vote ever happen?

So does management care if a pilot quits? NO!! Does management care if they lose a pilot per day in Feb? NO! Get them closer to the number needed to crew the expected fleet size and helps prevent a union for making its way in before management can reshape the battle area.

Last edited:
Just curious, where does the 140 a/c number come from? MS said in the January meeting that fleet size was to remain about the same "around 200". You guys hear otherwise?

What's happening with the GIVs, 601s and F50s? Are they starting to be phased out (obviously after owners' defined usage period) and are those pilots training on the Legacy and Xs? How many total Legacies are on order or are expected?

Whatever happened to Chris Sk. . . (Hawker Fleet MGR)? He interviewed me back in 1999. I thought he was a stand-up guy. I ended up taking another job instead, but I had a good impression of the company.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back