Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to think about. There has been no public information posted about the numbers from the bylaws vote. Any numbers here have been taken from a private website and a private messageboard for IBT 1108 dues paying members.

Until there is a public announcement of the bylaw count posting the numbers here is in bad form, and/or be grounds for suspension or banning from the 1108 messageboard.

That information didn't come from that source; mine was hearsay. But you just confirmed it, thereby violating the rules you self-righteously are quoting...:rolleyes: What a double standard anyway. Many of us proudly posted numbers from the other votes....MEC election, Failed TA, strike vote, and passed CBA. With not one complaint or warning. Admit it; this is political posturing.

Are you sure you guys want to go down this path? Shall we discuss the ethics of deleting a person's post without their permission, as well? I find that to be much worse form, deserving of the punishment you suggest for me. Something to think about. It left a paper trail which I printed out.

As for the vote, I fully intended to read the proposed bylaws and vote on them. It was very difficult to make the time necessary, however, especially since every time I started reading them I was sound asleep in 5 minutes! :eek:

I must confess, that my "reading" is more accurately described as merely skimming. I want to think that I'd have made more of an effort had I been casting a vote....;) For anyone that had wanted to vote differently on the bylaws and dues increase, however, even the most in-depth study of the document wouldn't have corrected that major flaw. I'm not surprised that many abstained. Low voter turn out is evidence that it was mishandled. Or went just as planned, depending on your perspective of the situation.

Netjetwife on the ropes?

That information didn't come from that source; mine was hearsay. But you just confirmed it, thereby violating the rules you self-righteously are quoting...:rolleyes: What a double standard anyway.

Did you work in the Clinton administration? :rolleyes:

That information didn't come from that source; mine was hearsay. But you just confirmed it, thereby violating the rules you self-righteously are quoting...:rolleyes: What a double standard anyway. Many of us proudly posted numbers from the other votes....MEC election, Failed TA, strike vote, and passed CBA. With not one complaint or warning. Admit it; this is political posturing.

Are you sure you guys want to go down this path? Shall we discuss the ethics of deleting a person's post without their permission, as well? I find that to be much worse form, deserving of the punishment you suggest for me. Something to think about. It left a paper trail which I printed out.

Wow you really want to go down this path don't you. '

MEC election, Failed TA, strike vote, and passed CBA. With not one complaint or warning. Admit it; this is political posturing.

Call it whatever you want. jellybeans for all I care about but I posted a general note to keep people from posting certain information that is protected which YOU did. I was respectfull and didn't name you specifically but I wanted to make sure the union published the info to the genereal public first.

All of the other of the other announcements were before the recently revamped rules changed that we are currently going through.

Show me though where I have ever deleted a post on this board (which I don't have access to) or the other message board. It has never happend UNLESS it has violated the rules to which you might want to review on the NJ board.

I'm not running for any office nor do I have any ambition too. I do have a responsability to make sure that the rules are respected on our board. I don't know who you refer to as GUYS but I am one person.

I'm glad you printed it all out but I have no idea what you printed, although if you printed off posts from our messageboards then that is too a violation of the rules.

We have these rules to protect the membership and the union so that they can post without having to worry about people printing off or showing mgmt posts.

Diesel,

How come the mods. and board gods allow constant union talk on the Fractional board? Instead of the Union board? You guys/gals used to be aviators..........

Because I think a lot of people like to post under a "handle" and also to find out how other companies are doing it. Thats just my take on it.

There is a difference talking about generalities versus numbers though.

Diesel,

How come the mods. and board gods allow constant union talk on the Fractional board? Instead of the Union board? You guys/gals used to be aviators..........

Ha! That's awesome.

Question: What is an "aviator" in todays workforce without the realization that he/she is a Union pilot?

Answer: A cog. Not much more... and completely expendable.

SCT, pay and working conditions, plus any ideas on how to improve them are directly relevant to a discussion of current conditions in the fractional industry.

Diesel, I dare say anyone who had their post deleted without their knowledge would be understandably interested in discussing the situation. For clarity sake, I did not name you as the person who actually deleted my post; nor was mine the only one singled out. Another post--made by a pilot-- also was pulled without permission. I had responded (in this very thread) to his post and both disappeared, though not without a trace. (What I printed came from my own mail box and had nothing to do with the NJ message board). Very poor strategy as both of us just reposted our thoughts. Which leads to the logical conclusion that it was the timing that was viewed as problematic, considering the missing posts were made prior to the bylaws election.

No, you didn't name me specifically; it wasn't necessary to do so ... :rolleyes: Though I do think your "warning" brought more attention to the subject than my observation (based on discussions) on recent events.

Quote--"All of the other of the other announcements were before the recently revamped rules changed that we are currently going through". I beg to differ. The same privacy rules were in place at that time. The critical difference being we were all proud of those numbers. The latest aren't nearly as flattering are they? And it is a bit of a stretch (not previously made) to suggest that a round figure in a well publicized event has the potential to harm an individual pilot's career/reputation and thus should be guarded information.

As for my use of the word "guys"--you weren't alone in the public chastisement. Torch joined in, as well. Again, drawing far more attention to my post than it would have generated on its own...:rolleyes: Additionally, I have no doubt that the decision (to pull those posts) was not made by just one person with access to this board. As I often do, I was speaking to the larger audience of those who read the board without posting. Your mention of "bad form" brought up a very relevant point that sparked a comment from me. That is the purpose of a message board, is it not? Speaking of rules--what do they say regarding censorship? What board rules did the other poster and I break when we dared to criticize union decisions?

I know that you personally aren't running for an elected position. (friends are) That doesn't preclude you having strong feelings/opinions on the issue. I think it would be much better form to exchange our views on the upcoming election rather than make veiled attempts to discourage an open debate.

I hardly need a lecture on guarding the privacy of pilots. My front row seat has made me privy to a great deal of sensitive information that doesn't appear on any message board, and I constantly post under the self-imposed stricture of respect for the privacy of others. It must be noted, however, that the idea of respectful treatment was not accorded to me when the decision was made to censor my comments on this thread. Am I to understand from that dastardly deed that others find it acceptable to operate with a different moral attitude than I have shown?

El raton, I could give you lots of "secret stuff" but I would much rather just discuss the issues and the direction the pilots think the union should go from here. I'd rather talk about past work accomplished and ideas for the future.

"My front row seat has made me privy to a great deal of sensitive information that doesn't appear on any message board, and I constantly post under the self-imposed stricture of respect for the privacy of others."...NutJetWife

Whooooo, you are so important, NJW!

Any chance you can give us people that are actually in the business some more pointers on "tipping etiquette"?

SCT

Why SCT, with such a charming personality, I'm surprised that you require any help....:p

The article about tips that was posted by a pilot on the NJ message board was quite well received. Let me see ... what can I recall that would serve you the best. Oh! Here's a good one---always use the correct name for the person you are speaking to.....;)

"Important" was your choice, not mine. Though I would describe myself as very well-informed. If "front row seat" doesn't appeal, feel free to mentally replace it with a more common expression like inner circle. I deliberately use the former description to avoid the stigma you have nonetheless unfairly ascribed to me....:rolleyes: My husband is very involved and I pay attention. Any other NJ couple could do the same, and I encourage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back