• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Fare-trix: Reloaded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sky, thanks. Sometimes it's hard to hold a positive attitude. You get immersed in the ordinary. Finding that one moment that makes you feel like a kid again is what keeps me going.
I remember flying with a student once. He was struggling but he was giving everything he had to perform well. On our last practice approach, about 5 miles outside the FAF, the student locked on instruments, I look up and see an awesome sunset out his window and on my side the a full moon on the horizon. I took the aircraft and asked him just to take a look and enjoy. It was the first time I saw him smile in the jet. During the debrief we talked about that simple moment and others like it for what seemed like forever. After that he began to have some fun in the airplane and his performance improved as well.
Now that the corny-meter is pegged I'll shut up.

Big beer- just saw 2 f/18 at KILM do over-head approaches and they looked stabilized by 1000'.

Go back to fighters and leave the 121 flying to civilians who will appreciate it, douch-

wil said:
Go back to fighters and leave the 121 flying to civilians who will appreciate it, douch-
Thanks for lumping all us military guys together. Besides, I doubt "big beer belly" could fit into a Hornet anyway.

Fins up Wil is just jealous

Yeah I don't know why I pay attention to any of this crap anyway.

just saw 2 f/18 at KILM do over-head approaches and they looked stabilized by 1000'
Surely you jest else your ignorance is astounding. I suppose you sat in on their debrief as well. HORNET 01: "Well the mission started off really well. Your walk-around was fraught with peril, but you handled it nicely. You're going to need to work on flying that RNAV departure though. I noticed also that you didn't even read one section of the newspaper during cruise."
HORNET 02: "Thanks Mav. I'll endeavor to meet standards on the next harrowing mission."

You were just stirring the pot, weren't you?

Last edited:
Phaedrus- Ok, you busted me! Just busting chops, ha,ha. I appreciate the service, not the chest beating! (ha,ha,again) And, seriously, they did an overhead but looked stabiled by 1000'

Yip- Why would you think I would be jealous? I never wanted to fly in the military. I did my time out of Willow Run and you can have it!

Wil, that is why I said maybe, becasue I wasn't sure. But this is great thread, upbeat, a positive view of why we are in this profession, and a lot more in common than not

Phaedrus said:
Sky, thanks. Sometimes it's hard to hold a positive attitude. You get immersed in the ordinary. Finding that one moment that makes you feel like a kid again is what keeps me going.
I remember flying with a student once. He was struggling but he was giving everything he had to perform well. On our last practice approach, about 5 miles outside the FAF, the student locked on instruments, I look up and see an awesome sunset out his window and on my side the a full moon on the horizon. I took the aircraft and asked him just to take a look and enjoy. It was the first time I saw him smile in the jet. During the debrief we talked about that simple moment and others like it for what seemed like forever. After that he began to have some fun in the airplane and his performance improved as well.
Now that the corny-meter is pegged I'll shut up.

Duude!

I'm freaking crying now, my brother from another mother!

You had me at Hello, Phaed, you had me at hello!

Latest resources

Back