• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of UAL.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's that Ted thing working out at United. It was the brainchild of Genius John Tague and touted as the saviour of UAL. Yep that's what I thought - long gone and forgotten after the millions spent to reconfigure/paint aircraft (2x), not to mention the marketing costs that just confused the core customers.

Any glimmer of hope for the survival of UAL has been snuffed out by this move.

My sympathies to my brethern at UAL.

Stay alert

I'll never forget the sight. Summer of 2002 in KIND. Three B737-800's and 2 B757-300's, brand-spankin' new, sittin' on the ramp/taxiways with no crews to fly them. JT's finite wisdom dictated taking deliveries because we could use the refunded deposits to help keep ATA solvent.

What a dumba$$. He was gone a year later, employed by UAL by 2005, and ATA entered it's first BK in Oct. 2004. He's making more at UAL in one year than his whole ATA career, and George Mikelsons was "Aviator of the Year" in IN.

Tague has left scorched earth, but he is just a distraction. United's best hope is in the current administration from Illinois.

I wonder how much his "parachute" costs....

It would be nice to just throw him in jail now and save all the bullsh1t

Only 10 years ago things were quite good under Jerry Greenwald. Too bad the IAM didn't like Edwardson because things probably would have been better under him than Goodwin. Just 10 years ago United was the number 1 airline in the world.

Only 10 years ago things were quite good under Jerry Greenwald. Too bad the IAM didn't like Edwardson because things probably would have been better under him than Goodwin. Just 10 years ago United was the number 1 airline in the world.
I tend to agree, Jerry Greenwald seemed to be the best of the CEO's of the last ten years or so. Goodwin was an unbridled disaster, and we all know how Tilton's tenure will be remembered. Very sad to see the destruction of such an iconic Airline.

Latest resources

Back