• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of UAL.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United's best hope is in the current administration from Illinois.

put that crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard......

This industry is about 2 old airline failures away from prosperity..

I would like to have read something like, "Tilton and board step down at United. Gordon Bethune (or Herb Kelleher) leaves retirement to rescue ailing airline."

Last edited:
Bob Crandall at AA and Herb at SWA are the only effective ones I can think of. They both did a great job of managing the airline and making money without taking away from the employees. Crandall tried during the FA strike but it didn't work. He threw a chair through his window when the FA's went out. We flew empty airplanes for days with the FA's blessing to keep costs up but the cabin shades were all closed.

UAL has had a long dry spell of management. They do enjoy their bonuses however.

Bob Crandall at AA and Herb at SWA are the only effective ones I can think of. They both did a great job of managing the airline and making money without taking away from the employees. Crandall tried during the FA strike but it didn't work. He threw a chair through his window when the FA's went out. We flew empty airplanes for days with the FA's blessing to keep costs up but the cabin shades were all closed.

UAL has had a long dry spell of management. They do enjoy their bonuses however.

Didn't Crandall invent the "B" scale for pilots? How is that not taking away from employees? How about Edwin Colodny at Usair? He was pretty effective.

Latest resources

Back