• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

The end of UAL.

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
He runs them just fine.......................right into the ground.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Where's Dandy Don Meredith when you need him?

Obscure pop culture reference, I know.

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
Wow, I can't believe the board gave Tague the nod!! Worst choice ever.

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
" ATA failed because Tague decided to blow off their bread and butter (charter) to try and become SWA "...and then hired and/or promoted unqualified Azz-Klowns and Corporate Dick-Eaters to execute the failed strategy.

Please, let's try to give credit where credit is due.

YKMKR

UALjan15

Uniform Swapper
Total Time
5000 +
Wow, I can't believe the board gave Tague the nod!! Worst choice ever.

Yeah, very hard to believe. Up to now, UAL has made such stellar choices in management. :rolleyes: Just for fun, can you name the last Pres or CEO that wasn't a complete disaster?

Alert height

Total Time
How's that Ted thing working out at United. It was the brainchild of Genius John Tague and touted as the saviour of UAL. Yep that's what I thought - long gone and forgotten after the millions spent to reconfigure/paint aircraft (2x), not to mention the marketing costs that just confused the core customers.

Any glimmer of hope for the survival of UAL has been snuffed out by this move.

My sympathies to my brethern at UAL.

Stay alert

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
I'll never forget the sight. Summer of 2002 in KIND. Three B737-800's and 2 B757-300's, brand-spankin' new, sittin' on the ramp/taxiways with no crews to fly them. JT's finite wisdom dictated taking deliveries because we could use the refunded deposits to help keep ATA solvent.

What a dumba$$. He was gone a year later, employed by UAL by 2005, and ATA entered it's first BK in Oct. 2004. He's making more at UAL in one year than his whole ATA career, and George Mikelsons was "Aviator of the Year" in IN.

The Prussian

Stecknadelkopf
Total Time
25K+
Tague has left scorched earth, but he is just a distraction. United's best hope is in the current administration from Illinois.

brokeflyer

Total Time
I wonder how much his "parachute" costs....

It would be nice to just throw him in jail now and save all the bullsh1t

njcapt

Freak power candidate
Total Time
>12K

ewrord

Total Time
Only 10 years ago things were quite good under Jerry Greenwald. Too bad the IAM didn't like Edwardson because things probably would have been better under him than Goodwin. Just 10 years ago United was the number 1 airline in the world.

Saluki Dawg

Total Time
Only 10 years ago things were quite good under Jerry Greenwald. Too bad the IAM didn't like Edwardson because things probably would have been better under him than Goodwin. Just 10 years ago United was the number 1 airline in the world.
I tend to agree, Jerry Greenwald seemed to be the best of the CEO's of the last ten years or so. Goodwin was an unbridled disaster, and we all know how Tilton's tenure will be remembered. Very sad to see the destruction of such an iconic Airline.