The end is near.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spinproof

This is old news but worth a second look...

John Selvaggio Named New Comair President

Published:
09-Oct-2007

CINCINNATI, Ohio - October 9, 2007 – Today John Selvaggio was named as Comair’s new president, effective Monday, Oct. 15. Selvaggio replaces Don Bornhorst, who has been appointed senior vice president of Delta Connection.

A 35-year industry veteran, Selvaggio served as founder and president of Delta Air Lines’ low-fare division Song. Prior to leading Song, he was senior vice president of Airport Customer Service for Delta’s world headquarters in Atlanta, Ga. (Now theres something to be proud of) During his career, Selvaggio has also served as president of Wings West Airlines, which eventually became American Eagle; president, chief executive officer and chief operating officer of Midway Airlines and vice president of the US Airways Express division.

“John brings a wealth of regional airline experience to his leadership of Comair,” said Joe Kolshak, executive vice president of Operations for Delta. “I have no doubt that he will be able to take over where Don left off and continue the great strides Comair is making.”

In his new role at Delta Connection, Bornhorst will oversee Delta’s relationship with nine regional partners, including Comair. During his 16-year tenure at Comair, Bornhorst worked with every operational department. In recent months, he guided the regional carrier out of bankruptcy and introduced the new Bombardier CRJ-900. The CRJ-900 is the first plane in the Comair’s fleet to include 76-seats and a first-class cabin.

“I’m excited to join an airline with such a great tradition,” said Selvaggio. “Nearly all of my professional career has been dedicated to the aviation industry and this is an opportunity for me to return to a business that I love.”

Based at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Comair is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines and a Delta Connection carrier. The airline employs 6,400 dedicated aviation professionals and operates 730 flights a day to approximately 90 international and domestic destinations.

###

...."Turn out the lights the party's over"

Last edited:
This is old news but worth a second look...

John Selvaggio Named New Comair President

Published:
09-Oct-2007

CINCINNATI, Ohio - October 9, 2007 – Today John Selvaggio was named as Comair’s new president, effective Monday, Oct. 15. Selvaggio replaces Don Bornhorst, who has been appointed senior vice president of Delta Connection.

A 35-year industry veteran, Selvaggio served as founder and president of Delta Air Lines’ low-fare division Song. Prior to leading Song, he was senior vice president of Airport Customer Service for Delta’s world headquarters in Atlanta, Ga. (Now theres something to be proud of) During his career, Selvaggio has also served as president of Wings West Airlines, which eventually became American Eagle; president, chief executive officer and chief operating officer of Midway Airlines and vice president of the US Airways Express division.

“John brings a wealth of regional airline experience to his leadership of Comair,” said Joe Kolshak, executive vice president of Operations for Delta. “I have no doubt that he will be able to take over where Don left off and continue the great strides Comair is making.”

In his new role at Delta Connection, Bornhorst will oversee Delta’s relationship with nine regional partners, including Comair. During his 16-year tenure at Comair, Bornhorst worked with every operational department. In recent months, he guided the regional carrier out of bankruptcy and introduced the new Bombardier CRJ-900. The CRJ-900 is the first plane in the Comair’s fleet to include 76-seats and a first-class cabin.

“I’m excited to join an airline with such a great tradition,” said Selvaggio. “Nearly all of my professional career has been dedicated to the aviation industry and this is an opportunity for me to return to a business that I love.”

Based at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Comair is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines and a Delta Connection carrier. The airline employs 6,400 dedicated aviation professionals and operates 730 flights a day to approximately 90 international and domestic destinations.

###

...."Turn out the lights the party's over"

When I saw they brought Selvaggio out of retirement I thought something might be up as well. There is probably a sell-off on the horizon, but to whom?

When I saw they brought Selvaggio out of retirement I thought something might be up as well. There is probably a sell-off on the horizon, but to whom?

This is not necessarily bad news, not that you are saying it is.

Delta is still smarting from the 89 days in 2001. that's why there are approximately 8 gazillion Delta Connection cariers. Just think of the economy of scale that Delta would enjoy if they only had Skywest, ASA, and Comair.

Well at least Mesa is getting their arses sued....so they won't have the cash to buy us.

The end is near! Nostradumbass predicts 12/10/2010 about the same time the Mayan calander runs out BTW.

Gonna go put my foil cap back on now and wait for the silver ships andd black helicopters.

I will say this. SKW has wanted to buy CMR for a long time. DAL did not want to do it do to the market share of DCI that SKW would have. This has probably changed. There is a possibility that DAL has become willing to sell to SKW.
I am sure that if this is true, it will play out in the next few months.

I will say this. SKW has wanted to buy CMR for a long time. DAL did not want to do it do to the market share of DCI that SKW would have. This has probably changed. There is a possibility that DAL has become willing to sell to SKW.
I am sure that if this is true, it will play out in the next few months.

Not that I know anything about anything. But I was just wondering why you think SKYW would buy CMR? Moreover, why DAL sell CMR to SKYW? Because between the 2 of them and us at ASA, that would be enough for SKYW to just branch off and do it's own thing. That is ofcourse when all the red tape has been cut, if it would even get that far.

Delta has spent the last few years spreading their DC flying all over the place. Why would they want to reverse that strategy now?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back