Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The World is Flat.

And we will be flattened.

Not on the domestic side (yet), but here come the Trans-Atlantic low-cost operators....

The World is Flat.

And we will be flattened.

Not on the domestic side (yet), but here come the Trans-Atlantic low-cost operators....

Huck,

I agree. But imagine when it's the low cost indian or chinese airlines that will be able to walmartize us...

Not defending the europeans, but hey, deregulation started in the US almost 30 years ago. Europe lagged by more than 20 years

"However, the deal would make it easier for EU companies to buy all of an airline's non-voting shares. At the same time, the EU would be able to restrict US investment in EU airlines."

See what happens when we don't secure the borders?!!! The United States might as well hang a sign which says:
"Land of the Free....to give away."

With Congress working on a Bill to tax the living $hit out of general aviation, I'd say this is the literal end to the Golden Days of flying.

Last edited:
"However, the deal would make it easier for EU companies to buy all of an airline's non-voting shares. At the same time, the EU would be able to restrict US investment in EU airlines."

See what happens when we don't secure the borders?!!! The United States might as well hang a sign which says:
"Land of the Free....to give away."

With Congress working on a Bill to tax the living $hit out of general aviation, I'd say this is the literal end to the Golden Days of flying.

I think you're missing this key element. The EU companies can invest their money in US airlines but won't have any say over how we are run. It will also allow a greater penetration of the European market by US carriers, which is where the $$$ are now. Domestic is nickel and dime and the domain of the LCC.

"In order to speed consolidation in the industry, the "open skies" deal would be extended to include African or non-EU airlines controlled by EU firms, and would give anti-monopoly immunity to make mergers easier".

"Virgin Nigeria now boarding flt. 2341 LHR-ORD!"

My greatest fear is that in a couple years we will have Chinese and Indian pilots over here, working for half our pay, packed 20 to a crashpad as part of some foreign airline. Maybe I am thinking too deeply into this annoucement.

My greatest fear is that in a couple years we will have Chinese and Indian pilots over here, working for half our pay, packed 20 to a crashpad as part of some foreign airline. Maybe I am thinking too deeply into this annoucement.

No you are not! Your greatest fear is the governments wet dream!:puke:

The Chinese and Indians don't have enough pilots in their own countries to fly domestic routes, let alone a massive international push into US markets. Foreign airlines are paying top dollar for American pilots right now to fly everything from Dash 8s to 777s.

The sky isn't falling...yet.

Latest resources

Back