Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does it take to extend to 2016?

The short version of what's required if they want to extend it:
  • NJA pilots will fly at least 85% of US Owners' international flights, which will require NJI (the large Gulfstreams) to be integrated without a fight.
  • Health coverage (at no cost) will be maintained or improved.
  • Payscales adjusted each year, in 2013, 2014, and 2015, to the Consumer Price Index (CPI-U).
  • 10 more crew bases.

I just can't believe BS would say we have the overall best compensation package. Just based on the 7on/7off schedule alone NJ pay is signinficantly higher. CS family insurance in 08 will be 374.26 per month while NJ will be free. CS vacation is 1 week for years 1 through 5 and 2 after that while NJ is 2 weeks at first. CS can sometimes get crew meals for 10 bucks but they can't be anything warm while NJ gets 3 a day if on duty. The list goes on. We are assigned a start day of Tuesday, Wed or Thurs from CS with no ability to change while you can bid two or more days at NJ. CS receives no holiday pay while NJ does, CS gets 40 or 23 bucks for a cell phone while NJ issues blackberries. CS does their own flight planning and NJ has a dispatch system. CS only has 25 domiciles and you have to live within 2 hours of the airport while NJ has 100 bases and they don't give a crap where you live. I will not even go into forced OT pay rules because the best you are going to do is get one 1.5 day of pay at CS while it is a lot more at NJ. The one area CS may actually reign supreme is perdiem at 2.30 per hour vs NJs 1.70 but of course you factor in crew meals then NJ is better. Well I hope my interview at NJ goes well

I hope it does too, bud. Seriously, you deserve to be happy and it doesn't sound like you're all that happy at CS

After reading flagshipper's factual comments, I am not sure how many CS pilots could be happy either if they are aware of the differences in packages.

I guess that merit-based culture better be well liked because something will be needed to keep attrition levels from skyrocketing...

After reading flagshipper's factual comments, I am not sure how many CS pilots could be happy either if they are aware of the differences in packages.

I guess that merit-based culture better be well liked because something will be needed to keep attrition levels from skyrocketing...

You know something, not one CS pilot came on board without knowing what the compensation package entailed. It's barely been two weeks since NJ's new deal and now all of a sudden CS is a crappy place to work? News flash, nothing's changed at CS over the years, except for the better. I realize that all opinions are welcome on here, but you sure do comment a lot about conditions at all the fractionals...yet you don't work for any of them? Seems kind of pesumptuous

You know something, not one CS pilot came on board without knowing what the compensation package entailed. It's barely been two weeks since NJ's new deal and now all of a sudden CS is a crappy place to work? News flash, nothing's changed at CS over the years, except for the better. I realize that all opinions are welcome on here, but you sure do comment a lot about conditions at all the fractionals...yet you don't work for any of them? Seems kind of pesumptuous

CS is not a crappy place to work. It could be even better on a relative basis if certain aspects improved (health care costs, a slightly better wage package, crew meals relief, etc.). I appreciate what you are saying but I have friends at each of the major fractionals (except FLOPS) and I hear plenty of opinions from people who work there.

In case you didn't notice, it is a tight labor market. Frankly, it surprises me that CS's management could be so bold as to shut the door on any improvements in the near term. Would they prefer to hire Netjets rejects? I am sure things will improve at CS over time and bring the packages closer together, but I just didn't like the tone of the distributed message - it sounded arrogant to me. Experienced pilots have many choices - Netjets, the legacy carriers, LCCs, great Part 91 opportunities, etc. Sure, age 65 throws a monkey wrench into the situation but it is too soon to tell what will happen regarding recruitment.

If CS wants to continue to compete for the very "best" pilots out there (as it states in its corporate video), it will need to offer a strongly competitive package - otherwise they can expect 2nd tier employees who couldn't get hired elsewhere. That's the reality of the situation. Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes. It's a tight labor market and great pilots will gravitate to the best opportunities. Unfortunately, big disparities between the "important factors" considered by employees like health care costs and standard wages can also cause resentment among front-line employees - and that ain't good in a service business where attitude and "going that extra mile" is so important. Thank God you guys have the meritocracy to ensure everyone acts "in line." Even justified resentment won't be tolerated and you will sit in the right seat of your Bravo for the next 5 years...

Even justified resentment won't be tolerated and you will sit in the right seat of your Bravo for the next 5 years...

Again, you don't work here so you're not qualified to say that. I don't know anyone who likes the merit system but I also don't know anyone who has been held back from normal progression who didn't actually have GLARING problems

Again, you don't work here so you're not qualified to say that. I don't know anyone who likes the merit system but I also don't know anyone who has been held back from normal progression who didn't actually have GLARING problems

So, people who question authority (not in a major way) or who raise "sensitive" competitive issues won't have problems going forward? They will progress as smoothly as the quiet, head-nodding people? I guess subjectivity never plays a role in upgrade decisions there.

My point is that CS is a good place to work and it could be even better if a few things were improved. My friend who is there likes it but he was dismayed with your management's handling of the situation.

News flash, nothing's changed at CS over the years, except for the better.

That is largely true (cough cough) (standby)(cough cough), but the reality is that competitive wages in the fractional market changed drastically December 10. What was a good wage is now not so great.

The discrepancy for first year FOs on the 7/7 schedule is roughly $20,000 if health insurance is included. You'd have to have your head firmly implanted in the sand (or elsewhere) to believe that isn't going to make a difference, both for new hires and current FOs.

Latest resources

Back