Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No company will ever GIVE anything.
quote]

Well they did give us a nice raise after you guys got your new contract a couple years ago. And they recently gave us a nice improvement to our 401k, and overtime rules. Not trying to be argumentative; just pointing out that I think they have been making an effort to keep things going in a positive direction.

Read a little up on labor unions, good stuff :beer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_unions_in_the_United_States

I thought that this link was interesting. Thanx!

American unions remain an important political factor, both through mobilization of their own memberships and through coalitions with like-minded activist organizations around issues such as immigrant rights, trade policy, health care, and living wage campaigns. Unions allege that employer opposition (including running anti-union campaigns using union avoidance consultants) contributed to this decline in membership. Unions have responded by using their political power to amend United States labor law to restrict or eliminate the requirement for a vote on the issue of union representation, instead relying on card check recognition.

Labor unions in the past have been infiltrated by members of organized crime, such as the Mafia. Organized crime had been active in some Teamster locals, particularly in the garment industry in New York City, as early as the 1920s. Labor racketeers made inroads in other cities, such as Chicago, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Detroit, in the 1930s. Jimmy Hoffa and other Teamster leaders made strategic alliances with organized crime, in deals that benefited both the Mafia and its associates, who obtained sweetheart contracts, and the union leaders, who received kickbacks and other forms of assistance. Jimmy Hoffa would later mysteriously disappear. Hoffa's son, James P. Hoffa, is the current president of the Teamsters. For more information, refer to Teamsters: Organized crime's influence.

Here is a better link:

www.unionfacts.com

I thought that this link was interesting. Thanx!

American unions remain an important political factor, both through mobilization of their own memberships and through coalitions with like-minded activist organizations around issues such as immigrant rights, trade policy, health care, and living wage campaigns. Unions allege that employer opposition (including running anti-union campaigns using union avoidance consultants) contributed to this decline in membership. Unions have responded by using their political power to amend United States labor law to restrict or eliminate the requirement for a vote on the issue of union representation, instead relying on card check recognition.

Labor unions in the past have been infiltrated by members of organized crime, such as the Mafia. Organized crime had been active in some Teamster locals, particularly in the garment industry in New York City, as early as the 1920s. Labor racketeers made inroads in other cities, such as Chicago, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Detroit, in the 1930s. Jimmy Hoffa and other Teamster leaders made strategic alliances with organized crime, in deals that benefited both the Mafia and its associates, who obtained sweetheart contracts, and the union leaders, who received kickbacks and other forms of assistance. Jimmy Hoffa would later mysteriously disappear. Hoffa's son, James P. Hoffa, is the current president of the Teamsters. For more information, refer to Teamsters: Organized crime's influence.

Here is a better link:

[URL="http://www.unionfacts.com"]www.unionfacts.com[/URL]

Seriously. Give it up. You look desperate now, and you are completely off topic.

Now back to CS...

Hey B19, just wondering (Enron), are you saying (Worldcom) that there are no criminals (Tyco) in management?

Why don't you present a comparison of the last decade of which side of the equation (management or labor unions) have had more criminal accusations and convictions.

Your history lesson, with absolutely nothing current in it, is interesting but irrelevant. You seem a bit desperate.

I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

Seriously. Give it up. You look desperate now, and you are completely off topic.

Now back to CS...

No I'm not off topic. NJA Bound gave us all a link to read and I just posted the text within the link. He wanted us to read it, all I did was make easier. Why is that off topic?

Labor unions in the past have been infiltrated by members of organized crime, such as the Mafia.
This is Blaming the VICTIM. Like blaming the woman who is raped.

Workers targeted by criminals who infiltrate the organization designed to protect them... Is like MAFIA infiltration of politicians and Police departments. Shall we now abolish government and disband the Police department?

Use your head 19. And read Adam Smith Wealth of Nations sections on the Wages of Labor and Stock.

You'll soon see why pilot wages are too low.

No I'm not off topic. NJA Bound gave us all a link to read and I just posted the text within the link. He wanted us to read it, all I did was make easier. Why is that off topic?

BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CS GETTING A RAISE!! OPEN YOUR FREAKING EYES MAN!!!!!

And you are looking desperate. Time to throttle back.

Now, I understand NJ new pay may not be something CS management cares about but, they will. Give it time.

I agree. If not now, then when pilots start taking their CS type ratings and experience and going to NJA. There is already an attrition problem at CS. Anyone have any doubts on how this will affect it? Not to mention the union drive.

Hey Rotello....all the pilots were waiting for a response, which management did not have to give. And once we get a response...you go post it on a public board?!!? WTF! Next time we probably won't hear jack squat. You could have tried to paraphrase it a bit. Most pilots I have talked to don't want to do what is necessary to get the NJA pay. Such as....long schedules....weekend starts. I don't. Could it be better...sure, but it ain't that bad.

dude,

Long schedules? we have the 18 day schedule, that's the longest and is voluntary. it also pays 69k 1st year SIC pay

so if nobody bids the 18 days then you would have 90% on the 7/7 and 10% on the 15 day schedule.

plus, the aircraft I'm on has Sat. starts and Tue. starts. you guys don't work weekends? must be the only company in the world that doesn't work weekends.

you were saying??

Latest resources

Back