• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The CS response to NJ ammended contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DUDE :eek: Just joking with ya'all. Gezz simmer down Francis! The orginal point is, this was an internal comm and should not have been posted on this site. Thats all.

Ultra Grump....As far as working the 4days of OT to equal 18 days a month. I know pilots here that have been doing that along time, so your argument holds no water with me. May be your retaining a bit of water....that could be the grumpy part!?!? Just kidding with you.:laugh:

CE-750 threw the OT and Holiday pay in for the 7&7 and that is why I post OT for our 7&7. Trying to keep it an apples to apples comparsion. I always come in one day early. Why, because it is usually a 4pm or so flight out in the afternoon. I have time for luch with the wife and then drive easily to the airport. For me, it is a pain in the arse airlining out on day one. Get up at 4am to plow through traffic to make a 0830 airline flight. No thanks, I'll take the cash.

Its not as bad here as what some are trying to say. I just want our pilots to use their God given brain. Think about things and make their own decision and not based it soley upon everyone else is telling them.

Just getting home for the Holidays today. Y'all fly safe, drive safe and have a great Christmas and happy New Years!

been at nja for two and half years have not worked one holiday except mem. day.

The only people I know on a weekend start have it for a reason, just pref, traffic, more likely to just airline for whatever reason they get it because they bid it.

Just wondering for the senior guys at cs, would it be possible to get the holidays off ever year until u retire? Just a thought.

DUDE :eek: Just joking with ya'all. Gezz simmer down Francis! The orginal point is, this was an internal comm and should not have been posted on this site. Thats all.

Ultra Grump....As far as working the 4days of OT to equal 18 days a month. I know pilots here that have been doing that along time, so your argument holds no water with me. May be your retaining a bit of water....that could be the grumpy part!?!? Just kidding with you.:laugh:

CE-750 threw the OT and Holiday pay in for the 7&7 and that is why I post OT for our 7&7. Trying to keep it an apples to apples comparsion. I always come in one day early. Why, because it is usually a 4pm or so flight out in the afternoon. I have time for luch with the wife and then drive easily to the airport. For me, it is a pain in the arse airlining out on day one. Get up at 4am to plow through traffic to make a 0830 airline flight. No thanks, I'll take the cash.

Its not as bad here as what some are trying to say. I just want our pilots to use their God given brain. Think about things and make their own decision and not based it soley upon everyone else is telling them.

Just getting home for the Holidays today. Y'all fly safe, drive safe and have a great Christmas and happy New Years!

Dude,

you keep talking about all the time you spend with your family but then again you're on this board every day?

And no matter what you say NJA has a better QOL and better pay. if you can't except it than you're just in denial or real jealous.

Dude,

Bottom line....if I were at year 10 right now, I would be pulling in around $123,373 with out even trying. That is just 2 OT days/month. If I did 3 OT days/month $133,560 at year 10. If I worked 4 OT days/month (which would be your 18 day) that is $143,747 at 10 years.

I was assuming no extended days. Bottom line year 10 with 3 OT days a month, 165,000. 4 = 176,300. This is a big difference also.

Ultra Grump....As far as working the 4days of OT to equal 18 days a month. I know pilots here that have been doing that along time, so your argument holds no water with me.
It doesn't hold water with you because you've got some cracks in your logic and math vessel.

So in a month where you are working 17 days on the 7&7, if you work 4 OT days, that would be 21 days of work. Another way of looking at it is as gunfyter said. 18-day = 216 workdays. 7&7 = 182 workdays. 4 OT days/month = 48 days. 182 + 48 = 230. 216 - 230 = 14 extra days per year. Or 230/12 = 19.17 days/month, not 18.

Let's take your example for a minute: "If I worked 4 OT days/month (which would be your 18 day) that is $143,747 at 10 years."

If a 10-yr NJA captain were on the 18-day, and worked 14 extended days a year to equal your 7&7 OT guy for the year, he'd make an additional $14,104, added to his base salary of $145,072 would make it $159,176 without after midnights, holidays, or overtime. You'd still be $15k in the hole. BTW, do you get after midnight, holiday, or overtime pay?

Or, an NJA 10-yr captain on 7&7 does the same as you, and does 4 extended days a month (not contractually allowed, but for the sake of argument) would make $166,431.

Holding water for you now?

Last edited:
Wow you guys have offically turned this into the regional section.

Logic and math vessel....I love it :) Have to remember that one. Anyone who would argue that you guys don't have a better total package now is certainly in denial. There's always room for improvement at CS but as I said before I do think they're trying...things have only gotten better from the day I came on board...

It doesn't hold water with you because you've got some cracks in your logic and math vessel.

So in a month where you are working 17 days on the 7&7, if you work 4 OT days, that would be 21 days of work. Another way of looking at it is as gunfyter said. 18-day = 216 workdays. 7&7 = 182 workdays. 4 OT days/month = 48 days. 182 + 48 = 230. 216 - 230 = 14 extra days per year. Or 230/12 = 19.17 days/month, not 18.

Let's take your example for a minute: "If I worked 4 OT days/month (which would be your 18 day) that is $143,747 at 10 years."

If a 10-yr NJA captain were on the 18-day, and worked 14 extended days a year to equal your 7&7 OT guy for the year, he'd make an additional $14,104, added to his base salary of $145,072 would make it $159,176 without after midnights, holidays, or overtime. You'd still be $15k in the hole. BTW, do you get after midnight, holiday, or overtime pay?

Or, an NJA 10-yr captain on 7&7 does the same as you, and does 4 extended days a month (not contractually allowed, but for the sake of argument) would make $166,431.

Holding water for you now?

Latest resources

Back