• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So where did the NJA pilots flying the Phenoms and Global get their 1000s of hours in type before flying NJA owners? So where did the first CA pilots flying Xs and Sovereigns get all of their hours in type before flying CS owners?

Sad.

This is part of it. It was part of a letter released from the DAC Chairman.

"The new development is that we have also been working on a transaction to acquire Citation Air, which announced in 2012 that it was exiting the fractional ownership market once its existing agreements expire. Because Citation Air is only 20% of the size of Flight Options, we are not planning to integrate operations. Instead, we will continue to wind down the operations of Citation Air over 9 months by gradually transferring 19 of its aircraft to our fleet, taking over 200 customers of Citation Air and giving us an additional 12,000 hours of annual flying. Because we will not be hiring Citation Air?s pilots or integrating seniority lists, the new aircraft and flying will allow us to bring as many as 85 of our furloughed pilots back to work as well as providing upgrade opportunities to many of our active pilots. The transaction could close as early as October 1st."

And the orchestra plays on...

My condolences to CS crews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHsx1cvACkY

I think this is just Ricci playing games. If he gets the CA business- great, if not- so be it. It's all eventually going to work itself out regardless. In a couple years the owners will find somewhere to go no matter what happens.

The bigger picture is making IBT look bad! I don't see how the union comes out of this looking good? If they go with proposal they look bad for leaving the CA pilots out to dry. If they hold tight and insist in pilot integration they will be accused of holding back the growth of FLOPs, preventing upgrades and leaving the FLOPs furlowed pilots out to dry.

Like I said, in the end the CA business is going to spread itself out because of pissed off owners, referrals from other owners, etc. I thing the play here is to discredit the union.

Last edited:
So where did the NJA pilots flying the Phenoms and Global get their 1000s of hours in type before flying NJA owners? So where did the first CA pilots flying Xs and Sovereigns get all of their hours in type before flying CS owners?

Exactly... This ain't rocket science even though many on here would like you to believe it is. If an experienced and proficient fractional pilot isn't safe coming directly out of training and can't become completely comfortable in a new type in less than 100 hours, something is seriously wrong. The difference here is the pilots will get IOE from experienced crews. Usually when a new fleet is introduced that isn't an option. While every pilot group thinks they are "special", every fractional pilot group does exactly the same job with equally qualified pilots. Don't buy the marketing hype when someone tells you otherwise.

Last edited:
i think this is just ricci playing games. If he gets the ca business- great, if not- so be it. It's all eventually going to work itself out regardless. In a couple years the owners will find somewhere to go no matter what happens.

The bigger picture is making ibt look bad! I don't see how the union comes out of this looking good? If they go with proposal they look bad for leaving the ca pilots out to dry. If they hold tight and insist in pilot integration they will be accused of holding back the growth of flops, preventing upgrades and leaving the flops furlowed pilots out to dry.

Like i said, in the end the ca business is going to spread itself out because of pissed off owners, referrals from other owners, etc. I thing the play here is to discredit the union.

bingo.

As for safety, I would be more concerned about the pilot losing his job, not so much concerned about the pilot with a new type rating.

Compare:
Flight Options

Preliminary 8/5/2013Eden Prairie, MN EMBRAER EMB-505 N327FLCEN13LA462Nonfatal
Probable Cause5/21/2005Augusta, GA Canadair CL600 N699CWATL05CA085Nonfatal
Probable Cause12/18/2004Cleveland, OH Raytheon Corporate Jets 400A N417CWNYC05CA035Nonfatal
Probable Cause11/29/2004Cleveland, OH Embraer EMB-135BJ N995CWIAD05CA019Nonfatal
Probable Cause7/12/2004Sarasota, FL Raytheon Corporate Jets Beechjet 400A N455CWENG04IA021IncidentFlight Options (DBA: Flight Options)
Probable Cause8/23/2003Wichita, KS Cessna 172P N55326CHI03LA280Nonfatal
Probable Cause5/1/2002Baltimore, MD Beech 400A N498CWIAD02FA047Nonfatal
Probable Cause2/10/2002Cleveland, OH Mitsubishi MU-300 N541CWNYC02FA059Nonfatal

CitationAir

Probable Cause 12/2/2011Ocoee, FL CESSNA 560XL N576CSERA12IA097Incident
Probable Cause 4/8/2011Abbeville, LA CESSNA 560XL N547CSCEN11IA286Incident
Probable Cause2/13/2010Eagle, CO CESSNA 680 N606CSCEN10LA204Nonfatal

Latest resources

Back