• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess warren buffet will do,it next. Funny how they support Obama but they like republican policy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/12/02/is-costcos-jim-senegal-a-hypocrite/

Wait, wait, you identified an executive manager who does one thing when he says another... How shocking!

How about the Koch brothers, why do they get a free pass from you?

http://theweek.com/article/index/206405/the-billionaire-koch-brothers-tea-party-puppetmasters

Buffet however is definitely the wrong example to compare this lying sack of excrement to. He has been consistent throughout that he has no problems with paying more and has called on the other 1%ters to do the same. So I don't think he will be hopping on this anytime soon because he cares more about his reputation and word than he does in saving a few mill on his tax return.

I.M.H.O

Last edited:
The problem seems to be gret's inability to distinguish between propaganda and honest reporting.

I.M.H.O.

Oh...I can tell the difference and also recognize that both sides have points in their favor that are positive.

Personally, I am just more comfortable making choices and decisions for myself, rather than giving the authority to others. If others like the latter, that's OK with me...just don't say it is better and that all of us have to conform to your views.

When we generalize...we are normally wrong. Mgmt isn't always bad and unions aren't always good...it depends on their leadership skills.

There isn't an answer to all the previous posts that are going to satisfy everyone...time to move on as this is becoming rather boorish.

I guess warren buffet will do,it next. Funny how they support Obama but they like republican policy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/12/02/is-costcos-jim-senegal-a-hypocrite/

I hope you read the article you linked, because it makes my point about the kind of privilege the system has bestowed upon the wealthy:

"I hate to point out that I don’t think it is really that big a deal to the low six figure plodders (like we fractional pilots) who get the brief time in the sunlit lands over a quarter million in AGI. You really have to have quite a bit in invest-able assets outside retirement accounts for the new tax on investment income to sting an awful lot."

You don't like my numbers so you attack the source? Matt Taibbi his hardly a left wing extremest, he has however been famously critical of the administrations fiscal policies.

At any rate, if you don't like that source, how about the CBO...

"... income of households in the top 1 percent of earners grew by 275%, compared to 65% for the next 19 percent, just under 40% for the next 60 percent, 18% for the bottom fifth of households. As a result of that uneven income growth, the share of total after-tax income received by the 1 percent of the population in households with the highest income more than doubled between 1979 and 2007, whereas the share received by low- and middle-income households declined …"

WTF are you talking about? I only commented on one thing and one thing only. You said the top 1 percent of American earners accounted for 93 percent of all US income. That is categorically untrue and is an outrageous distortion of reality. It's so ridiculous, I find it impossible to take you seriously. You are either completely out of your depth, or are just a liar.

We now live in a country where, income inequality has soared to the highest level since the Great Depression, with the top one percent taking 93 percent of the income earned last year. A pure plutocracy.

The Reality:

"The income thresholds are for the amount of AGI on a return, not per taxpayer.

That means a single filer who made $343,927 or more in 2009 is in the top 1 percentile. A married couple with two kids and combined earnings of $343,927 or more also was among the top earners in the country. The 2009 figures are the latest the IRS has tallied. Filing of returns for tax year 2010 didn't officially close until Oct. 17.

The 1.4 million Americans in the IRS' top taxpayer category in 2009 reported nearly 17 percent of all the country's taxable income. From those filers, the IRS collected $318 billion or almost 37 percent of all the individual taxes paid in 2009."

Oh...I can tell the difference and also recognize that both sides have points in their favor that are positive.

Personally, I am just more comfortable making choices and decisions for myself, rather than giving the authority to others. If others like the latter, that's OK with me...just don't say it is better and that all of us have to conform to your views.

When we generalize...we are normally wrong. Mgmt isn't always bad and unions aren't always good...it depends on their leadership skills.

There isn't an answer to all the previous posts that are going to satisfy everyone...time to move on as this is becoming rather boorish.

Now this is your first post in this thread that I can wholeheartedly support. I am shocked, but I actually agree with all of it!

Calm, fair and reasoned.

Thank you, well done.
:beer:

Now this is your first post in this thread that I can wholeheartedly support. I am shocked, but I actually agree with all of it!

Calm, fair and reasoned.

Thank you, well done.
:beer:

Damn it! I'm always fair and calm! Why can't people see that?;)

WTF are you talking about? I only commented on one thing and one thing only. You said the top 1 percent of American earners accounted for 93 percent of all US income. That is categorically untrue and is an outrageous distortion of reality. It's so ridiculous, I find it impossible to take you seriously. You are either completely out of your depth, or are just a liar.

I gave the source of the 93% number and you began bleating about it being from right wing extremists. I then went on to refute that assertion and gave you a similar separate reference to income inequality from the CBO. Try to follow along.

Given the marshmallow filled bubble, from within which your clouded view of reality seems to emanate I couldn't care less what you think of me.

Oh, and here is another separate reference to the 93% number. Maybe Bloomberg news is lying too?

"The recovery that officially began in mid-2009 hasn’t arrived in most Americans’ paychecks. In 2010, the top 1 percent of U.S. families captured as much as 93 percent of the nation’s income growth, according to a March paper by Emmanuel Saez, a University of California at Berkeley economist who studied Internal Revenue Service data."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...f-income-growth-as-rich-poor-gap-widened.html

Oh, and here is another separate reference to the 93% number. Maybe Bloomberg news is lying too?

"The recovery that officially began in mid-2009 hasn’t arrived in most Americans’ paychecks. In 2010, the top 1 percent of U.S. families captured as much as 93 percent of the nation’s income growth, according to a March paper by Emmanuel Saez, a University of California at Berkeley economist who studied Internal Revenue Service data."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...f-income-growth-as-rich-poor-gap-widened.html

Do you really not understand the difference between income growth rate and total income? What you said was "taking 93 percent of the income earned last year". You didn't say 93 percent of the income growth! Ahh, but it's a minor mistake. You only missed by about 76 percent of every earned dollar in the worlds largest economy. Wow...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back